• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Any advice welcome

I have two subutex left but I should be getting into an actual dr tomorrow to get my own prescription. I was taking 15-20 20mg oxycodone a day and I’ve been on suboxone the past 3 days, but I ran out of that abs was given 2 subutex. I just want to be okay. I don’t know what I’m doing.
good to know youre seeing a doctor, you will be ok, i always worried more than i should, that stress was worse than the WD

If I was given 8mg suboxone this morning and now only have a subutex to take for tonight will it effect me in any way shape or form? Or will the suboxone block out the subutex? Please help
Probably a little late to be answeriong this, but no.

Buprenorphine (the main ingredient in both suboxone & subutex) has a higher binding affinity toward receptors than even naloxone does.

So simply taking more subutex will only give you more buprenorphine. Naloxone won't antagonize buprenorphine.

Naloxone isn't very active in the sublingual route & even if it were, it's lower affinity for receptors will be blocked by the buprenorphine.

And even if it did some how manage to bind, it will only stay bound for an hour at the most, so it would have no affect on buprenorphine taken later in the day.

So you will be fine.