• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Anxiety from Vyvanse/Addy -HELP

ZeeZee22

Greenlighter
Hey guys. So I went on a 2 day Vyvanse binge a month ago..if you even call this a binge. I took 90 mg the first day and 60 mg the second. I ate fine and didn't do too much. Well my anxiety has been crazy for the last month. Constant lump in the back of the throat...just honestly a constant feeling on anxiety that nothing will cure. I've tried visitaril, herbals meds, and anti anxiety meds like Remeron. I'm a little scared right now that this feeling of constant anxiety will never go away. It's been a month. Anyone ever have this happen to them..and how long did it take you to feel better?

this paragraph will be a mess but here was my situation

Yes. I've had this happen to me, I've been on vyvanse for 4+ years and the doses ranged from up to 100mg a day, to 60mg now. Stimulants can cause anxiety, or cause any existing anxiety to be worse.
Personally it took a few months for me to learn how to deal with my anxiety, I took breaks off my vyvanse for days and weeks over the course of a year. I wouldn't cold turkey this because of the horrible side-effects, especially if you're still in school.
Anyway, back to the point, a few months I tried a lot of things, first I tried St. Johns wort and this helped with depression and a little for anxiety. The problem with it is it takes a whie for St Johns wort to build up in strength, so you have to take it every day for a while, I'm on Zoloft and that helps too, I'd recommend seeking therapy or trying new medicines.

i was in a boat where I couldn't really get effective medicine treatment so until I did, I turned to cardio and excercise. Otherwise, there's things like breathing techniques to control anxiety, and having a small sketch book and drawing random things to help cope. if you're interested in some techniques tell me and I'll put them on here later when I'm not busy

DannyCub- thank you for the reply. One question I sill have is that only doing it for 2 days at the dose I said above can cause anxiety for this long? I took at total of 5 pills in two days. Will this anxiety sub side without medication?

I cant tolerate stims without benzos, according to alot here adding a benzo is a terrible suggestion but if its the only way to take stims then that may be the only option, it depends wheter taking stims are off benefit enough for you to warrent benzo addiction.

As an aside phenibut works well too, ppl allways mean about its withdrawal but 4 days of diazepam takes care of that so its not an issue if you ask me.

Herbal options, with this mean i actual possible options and not weak junk like valerian:

Ashwaghanda
Mulungu
Magnolia bark
Muscimol
Kava kava, the real tea

Other meds
Tiagabine
Adaptol
Selank
Fasoracetam
Nefiracetam

If you want to target ne
Carvedilol
Guanfacine

Amisulpiride might work as da can cause anxiety.

MDAI, sero releasers make a schance, srris are to weak in my experience and havent seen convincing anecdotes.

Lower the dose while adding low dose rasagiline, avoid selegiline it could cause severe long tern toxiticy.

Oh shit i tought you ment during the time you took vyvanse,

I have to ask you a question, have you got any mental health issues as i have to rule out you triggered a certain disorders which can explain this, apart from that avoid my gabaergic meds i suggested, that was ment if you had the issue on stims.

Stims deplete gaba, but s short term binge shouldnt cause long term issues, unless you brain balance got out of whack, in that case short term treatment with picamilon is a good idea, just to TEST wheter your gaba, dopamine balance if off.

A test with 5htp is another option to test your response, amp induces sensitization which upregulates D1 which is implicated in panic but ive never really heared of that actually being a cause for issues in humans, it just makes rates hyperactive.

I have had anxiety in my life but has been REALLY bad the last month after taking that Vyvanse for 2 days

I have had anxiety in my life but has been REALLY bad the last month after taking that Vyvanse for 2 days
Do you have ocd, social anxiety, adhd, depression?

I just want to rule out that you triggered a potential bad underlying disorder, which i did with testosterone, well any drug can bring something out really.

Your reaction seems abnormal, i havent seen many anecdotes, semax is known to repair the brain after drug addiction, selank is the anxiolytic version look into that.

Start a healthy diet and a excercise regime, and push yourself into constant exposure, im not joking, go to a social meeting tomorrow, it will be horrible but no pain no gain buddy.

Actually i recall anecdotes of amphetamine and sensitization reporting simular issues, look it up on reddit and tell me wheter it sounds familiar, i will look up how to reverse it, as that actually seems to make alot of sense.

Inducing tolerance for some reason doesnt reverse sensitization but if im correct 5ht3 antagonis with d2 agonism does, but i have no clue for what, give me time to look up some research

sensitization is a technique used to reverse tolerance to differened drugs by taking non active doses, ppl report tolerance reversal after even one dose but alot of anecdotes of issues with tremor, anxiety etc.

perhaps for some reason you induced this with a regular dose, please search sensitization amphetamine on reddit and report what you think.