• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Antique FULL Heroin Tablets Bottle from 1906....What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipton444

Bluelighter
Hello Everyone

So, long story short, I sell antiques as a hobby and happened to get an antique heroin bottle from 1906 with plenty of contents left. Here's a picture of a similar bottle (not the exact one, but same label and everything, just mine was a 500 tablet bottle with about 40 left in it):

2ligcc0.jpg

34sla1k.jpg

I'm not by any means new to heroin, I used it for many years, and luckily got out but still dabble once in a blue moon. I have a few questions for you guys just for discussion...1) Do you think it is still pretty potent? 2) How much would one take if u tried it? 3) What would be the best way? 4) Would you do it yourself? (if you have done heroin before obviously).

I'm sure some people are going to think it is absolutely insane to try over 100 year old tablets, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has had any experience with anything similar lol.

I've been trying to do as much research as I possibly can...and my conclusion is that it is most likely still good and potent. I've read that morphine and heroin are very stable drugs if kept in the right conditions...it can't have too much light, or be affected by water. I tried looking into the affects of hydrolysis but I think that isn't really too big of a factor unless major water got into the bottle. The amber colored bottle keeps light out, so that helps, and it is sealed with the original cork. I have found original pictures of these bottles, and they are in fact genuine pills or tablets (triturates are just pressed pills).

I've read stories on this forum and others about people finding their grandfather's WW2 morphine tablets, and getting the best high of their life. I've also read how opium that is hundreds of years old is still good and used. I mean, there is probably gonna be some loss of potency, but hey it was pure heroin at one point...and street heroin isn't usually close to that.

As for the dose, they are 1/12 of a grain... So, there are 64mg in 1 grain, so each tablet is about 5.3mg...so if one were to try to take a 20mg dose (a medium level dose, I believe they say 5-10mg is good for a first timer), they would have to take about 4 tablets. This is where one gets confused as to what to do! Now, the thread about the guy finding the morphine tablet said his tablet was 1/4 grain, which would be equal to 3 of the H tablets, and he shot it and said he got absolutely WRECKED off it. Unless heroin is much stronger? I've actually never done morphine...What would be a good dose?

Lastly, I know its always a little sketchy slammin a pill you've never seen before, but would that be the best way to go for someone? I mean, these tablets do not have anything else in them, unlike other ones you see from this era, and would most likely dissolve just like a morph tablet but I'm not certain. If someone was actually going to try this, would snorting a couple first be the best bet? I really dunno..

Holy crap! I can't believe you came across something like that! That's amazing! Now, being that they're 110 years old, I have doubts about their potency. I'm no chemist, by any means, but if you do try them, try a minimal amount first, just to see how it would affect you, if at all. And before you even try that, I know there are ppl on this forum with real knowledge of chemistry, and I'm sure they can give you solid advice. I have no doubt at least one or two of them will reply to this thread. Still, I gotta say, I am utterly blown away by your find; the only time I've ever seen anything like that was in old photographs! ???

Good call on that...probably best to do a little. Thanks for the info! That would be great if a chemist knew more, it's hard to find info on something like this!

Well I'd say keep some for novelty sake, but the only way I'd recommend using is IV since it should be so legit pure just make sure you filter it good

Also they are 5.4 mg each start with injecting one at most possibly even half and see how that hits you then figure it out from there. The hospital's usually inject 4 mg morphine to start or at least in my experience that's where they start

I'm sure someone replaced those Heroin tablets with Grandma's acid reflux tablets back in the 1940's. Considering the Heroin Act, 1924, illegalizing all forms of diacetylmorphine in the United States, medicinal or otherwise, this would limit the potential age of these tablets to at least 90 years... This is foreign territory for me. I've used 10 year old drugs previously with no perceived reduction in potency.

That's definitely good info taco, didn't know that, I think that's a great idea startin with half or so.. And there's always the concern that they were replaced, but the guy I got it from is a hardcore bottle collector and get's them straight from old pharmacies, but you never know. The only thing that makes me think they are legit is that I've seen two other full bottles from different sources online with the same exact white cylinder tablets, so that definitely helps. And I definitely will keep some for novelty sake! lol

That's pretty ridiculous, if you do proceed I would put on an episode of The Knick during ;p

Do they smell vinegar-y? (I guess aspirin for example could, too, so it is nothing conclusive)

You could do a reagent test to see if they even have opiates..

The military tested a stockpile of old pharms and found most of them to be alright, with some exceptions that are really not safe to keep past their date. For the rest, the dates are put on because the leaflets go out of date and because of possible storage condition issues. Plus marketing reasons that could spice up the suggested shelf-life getting a little shorter, in all likelihood.

Over a century is a lot and I don't understand why anyone would inject them rather than eat them to be a bit safer when testing, that doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Injecting something as old as that seems like a horrible idea given possible bacterial issues. Also. It still is a pill at the end of the day, which is harmful to IV, also given how outdated those pills are, is it possible there is fillers/binders in it, where at this day and age, may be considered harmful or disapproved by the FDA because of possibilities of carcinogenic compounds or just plain harmful as more.studies have been done 100years later ?

Reagent test is a great idea especially as you only need a piece of the oill. If it tested good I'd again say IV if you are not a stranger to the method, but if not that just keep them as a piece of history as any other methods a waste IMO.

Reagent test is a great idea especially as you only need a piece of the oill. If it tested good I'd again say IV if you are not a stranger to the method, but if not that just keep them as a piece of history as any other methods a waste IMO.
Snorting it would definitely not be a waste and probably alot safer then IVing a substance that's 110 years old.

Hey! Think about this a minute, I think the clear way to proceed is to mash up the entire contents, dissolve in a solvent that will kill bacteria (not sure, but I do believe it's soluble in rubbing alcohol 90%), filter with wheel filter into 10ml syringe and squirt the liquid out onto a plate and dry it slowly with a heat lamp. Scrape up what is left over - should be at least a highly refined snorting powder if nothing else.

I haven't yet, I have to wait a few days unfortunately if I was even going to try. I'll be honest and say I've never used a regent test, so where would I even get one? How would I test it? I'm all creeped out about the possibility of bacteria now, reminds me of cotton fever and dirty dope, ew. Man, I may just have to buy a heat lamp lol. At first my thoughts were...trying to sniff a little and see how it makes me feel, and if I didn't get sick then IV a little. But of course, I'm not a stranger and once you IV you never wanna try any other method, so who knows.

Also, can anyone vouch that "kamoose" on here is a chemist? Lol...

Last edited:
Can you take the tablet orally?

Are you 100% sure it's actually an opiate?

Did you get any other old drugs from the person who you acquired this bottle from?

Last edited:
I agrree with twwo things:
A) most likely replica pills in their, or some other benign pills.
B) If I had an inkling that I was near heroin, I would be snorting with both nostrils.

Status
Not open for further replies.