• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Antipsychotics for phenibut hallucinations?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
Over the last 3 days I took 3g, 2g and 1.5g (yes, wayy too much I know, worst part is I KNOW better and this happened before to me - even told some bro not to do this last week.... such a hypocrite).

Unfortunately this triggered the liver failure - I've been a chronic alcoholic and kratom head for 6 years.

Anywho, I got the message and I'm going to rehab tomorrow. Don't be an idiot like me.

Anyways back on topic - I overdosed on the phenibut (which got progressively worse each day due to accumulation). And now I'm having the flashes of light/brain glitches as well as some very psychedelic patterns which look like a 3-4g shroom trip.

I have some antipsychotics handy (zyprexa and risperdal). Does anyone know if these will be useful? I want to kill the "trip" before rehab tomorrow... but I want to avoid taking any if it wont help because I hate those drugs.

Thanks

I think you are thinking more along the lines of Thorazine, Geodon, Haldol, etc. Second generation antipsychotics like Risperdal are not going to help much regarding any acute psychosis you are experiencing.

Godspeed.

Ok I am literally seeing cartoon mice walking across my computer screen at this point. I've been sober for 24 hours.... And my blinds are breathing. It's graduated from shrooms to LSD at this point. I really hope this is not an episode....

Just popped a zyprexa... wish me luck

fuckin 32 hours no sleep, no stims... just phenibut withdrawal... can't sleep even after 7.5mg zyprexa

at least the hallucinations are chilled out

might pop another one of my least favorite pills. need. sleep.

phenibut withdrawal >>>>> the high... it's great for anxiety though :/ almost on par with benzos

Yeah, I have not had my Gabapentin nor Phenibut in a few days and am certainly needing them. I have a bottle of the latter and one of Adrafinil (never tried it. I thought what the hell?) coming tomorrow. I am even out of my Ambien. No sleep tonight. Not that I ever sleep at night...

I enjoyed ~1200mg adrafinil and 2g phenibut. Like a mini speedball, was nice.

I really need sleep for my newly diagnosed condition. My body feels sick :(

and I took some hydrochlorothiazide a few hours ago... not helping I'm pissing every 2 hours. Crazy how much water the body can hold onto.

I will give it a shot. It is not in capsules, so I will have to weigh out a gram and cut it up to test it. I am going to start very light. I do not want to find out I do not like it the hard way.

I will give it a shot. It is not in capsules, so I will have to weigh out a gram and cut it up to test it. I am going to start very light. I do not want to find out I do not like it the hard way.

It's a pretty light experience. The phenibut outweighs the adrafinil by a lot. adrafinil is fairly weak for me - caffeine is much stronger. It gives some of the benefits of caffeine without the negative effects. I had zero jitters or anxiety from 1200mg even by itself with no phenibut. (I'm unusually sensitive to caffeine and just 100mg gives me anxiety, jitters, headache and stomach ache). The combo adrafinil just counteracts a lot of the drowsiness and keeps you focused. Not a true speedball in any sense.

I would start with just 600mg adra by itself to test. That's about equal to 300mg modafinil the recommended dose. Adra does have a longish onset, about 2-3 hours.

I made the mistake of taking too much Phenibut one day (not completely unlike what you had described earlier), thinking I can tolerate obscene doses of Gabapentin, so why not. I think I took 5 maybe 8g. I was nauseous for a good two days and boy did it do weird things to my short-term memory.

@SnafuInTheVoid You need to sleep. HPPD-like things tend to be gone after a healthy rest - I don't like to call these symptoms psychosis because they aren't imo, but doctors treat everything with this label the same independent of whether the core symptom, loss of contact with reality, is here.

Did the zyprexa help? Benzos might do better for acute symptoms. Maybe as jackie jones said you just have still metabolites in your system, specially with liver impairment. Sorry to hear that phenibut triggered it :(

@SnafuInTheVoid

Did the zyprexa help? Benzos might do better for acute symptoms.

I have some valium on the way, but its gonna be several days.

7.5mg chilled the illusions, wasn't tired though so I took another. Still not tired... Might go up to 22.5mg but that's starting to get pretty heavy dosage. I REALLY need to sleep I feel sickly right now and all I could eat today was 3 protein drinks and a few chips. I need rest I know :(

7.5mg chilled the illusions, wasn't tired though so I took another. Still not tired... Might go up to 22.5mg but that's starting to get pretty heavy dosage. I REALLY need to sleep I feel sickly right now and all I could eat today was 3 protein drinks and a few chips. I need rest I know :(
Did you tolerate heavy doses of zyprexa in the past? Otherwise I'd advise against because every dose increases the risk for very uncomfortable akathisia. Specially when they aren't titrated slowly enough.

Can you get mirtazapine, clonidine, or doxylamine (OTC in some places)?
Do you have a doc you know and could contact for a sleep aid? Just tell him you can't sleep for days, nothing about the illusions but that you've tried zyprexa and it calms you (they like to hear that part) but doesn't help with insomnia.

Did you tolerate heavy doses of zyprexa in the past? Otherwise I'd advise against because every dose increases the risk for very uncomfortable akathisia. Specially when they aren't titrated slowly enough.

Can you get mirtazapine, clonidine, or doxylamine (OTC in some places)?
Do you have a doc you know and could contact for a sleep aid? Just tell him you can't sleep for days, nothing about the illusions but that you've tried zyprexa and it calms you (they like to hear that part) but doesn't help with insomnia.

I was on 10mg zyprexa and then 2mg risperdal for about 9 months, never had any major side effects. Largest dose ever was a couple months ago when I OD'd on meth+lsd, 20mg zyp and 4mg risp knocked me the fuck out, cut right through the meth and I was asleep in 20 minutes... so I'm not really sure what's going on right now.

IDK if those are available where I shop, but I'll look. I have an aversion to doxy after some stupid high benadryl doses when I was 15.

It's not worth it for me to find a doc, the doc I saw today with all these tests is likely going to cost me $3k+... and I'm broke af and have no insurance right now... >_<

meant hallucinations* not illusions lol kinda loopy right now with no sleep in 36+ hours.

I'm gonna dig thru my bag of meds maybe I have something I forgot about but probably not.

Nope... just a bunch of random shit :(

NAC, CoQ10, tumeric, dopamine stack, magnesium, vitamins, fish oil, prilosec, garlic, asprin, blood pressure stuff, bipolar stuff, anticonvulsant ...

WOOT I FOUND SOME MELATONIN BOYS!!!!!!!!

Is it true 3mg is optimal dose and it hurts to take more than that? I think I read that somewhere.

OH SHIT I forgot NAC supports liver function!

Jackpot

Oh, for me it's illusions - hallucinations are like people or things which aren't there and usually it's hard to figure out what's real and what not with them. Like from benadryl. But I know many use the words mixed up.

The antihistamines when used in recommended doses are nothing like the high ones which block choline receptors.

Oh, for me it's illusions - hallucinations are like people or things which aren't there and usually it's hard to figure out what's real and what not with them. Like from benadryl. But I know many use the words mixed up.

The antihistamines when used in recommended doses are nothing like the high ones which block choline receptors.

Yeah you got a point.

maybe no jackpot:

The liver is responsible for the metabolism of carbohydrate, lipid and protein; these processes are all interlinked [14], therefore, prolonged treatment with a high dose of NAC may interfere with hepatic normal metabolic functions and impairs liver recovery from APAP hepatotoxicity

yep

N-acetylcysteine attenuates alcohol-induced oxidative stress in he rat

lol this published study apparently has a typo in the title

Good news I'm starting to feel a little drowsy, gonna pop this melatonin and try to sleep again.

I usually take 12mg of Melatonin, but I have a tolerance. Before I did, I took 3-6mg.

I have no idea what's going on here. I took 2g of phenibut this morning and after a couple hours I started getting visuals again. They are nearly identical to LSD. They lasted about an hour or two.

I actually kinda enjoy them. My cat looked amazing and his spots were morphing. I'm just a little worried because I don't understand it. This has never happened to me before.