View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Antipsychotics + Dmt or ketamine

Shadyfox

Greenlighter
What experiences can you share with me about these combinations?

What happens when you smoke dmt on zyprexa or take ketamine on invega???

Not sure about that one, Mate... Seeing as I do not take any.

I have always heard invega effects serotonin and dopamine. Not sure about zyprexa. I'm assuming?

DMT or ketamine doesn't really affect One's neurochemistry as much like Ecstasy or LSD does.

From some brief Googling, I'm seeing many people report that both of those antipsychotics will reduce or completely block serotonergic drugs like DMT. As for ketamine, I'm not sure, but there are studies that specifically cite Invega (Paliperidone) as a treatment for ketamine-induced psychosis....

I don't know the reason you're prescribed antipsychotics, but keep in mind that psychedelics can trigger acute mental distress in people with certain mental conditions. DMT is a particularly strong one, even for people with no conditions. Ignore the poster above who says that DMT doesn't "affect one's neurochemistry". It most certainly does, and carries the same risks as LSD or Psilocybin for those with mental disorders. If you decide to trip, you'll probably need to stay off the meds for at least 2 weeks for it to work, and that may not be a good idea, depending on why you're taking the meds in the first place.

Take care and be safe!

LSD + zyprexa has a worrying trip report on erowid. Ketamine might or might not help with not completely losing your mind, but I'd expect DMT to be comparably troublesome.

That's based on the entirety of one whole trip report, so basically a guess.. but antipsychotics creep me out, the side-effects remind me of deliriants too much. It used to just seem like quite a lot of your cognitive functioning to be giving up in exchange for stability. I'm sure it's not as pronounced with the newer generations of atypical ones, and who knows, maybe throwing the right psychoplastogens at them does mitigate those side-effects. My first impulse for spicing up life however would be to try and get rid of 'em by lowering the dose, learning to tap into and control the natural psychonautic travels to which your mind has been defaulting. There are people who have built entire biocyberdelic operating systems with minds the bureaucrats otherwise would have tossed into the schizo bin and doped up accordingly.

Not sure about that one, Mate... Seeing as I do not take any.

I have always heard invega effects serotonin and dopamine. Not sure about zyprexa. I'm assuming?

DMT or ketamine doesn't really affect One's neurochemistry as much like Ecstasy or LSD does.

Hey everybody!

It’s the EXPERT “heatlessbbq” chiming in again with totally made-up garbage to troll-out responses from people who ACTUALLY KNOW about some of this stuff.

This kid talking about DMT as if he understands anything at all about the molecule, is clearly a farce.

Can’t we get a moderator to block this fools bullshit?

Thanks,
Bryan in Seattle

Im on trilafon and zyprexa.. And I did smoke dmt today.. Accidentaly burnt my very small dose but still ended up with strong tripp.. However The medicin took over by The end of it and I felt like stoppning breathing i had to forcebreath.. So i had to go out into The Woods and walk it off.. Saw some cool things but met NO elves

Anti-psychotics are like a cure for if you are having a bad trip. I don't see, why else you would combine them. There is no great synergy whatsoever. I've used pretty much every ant-psychotic in the alphabet but I don't see the purpose in combining them with psychedelics, unless you want to get out of it.

Hey everybody!

It’s the EXPERT “heatlessbbq” chiming in again with totally made-up garbage to troll-out responses from people who ACTUALLY KNOW about some of this stuff.

This kid talking about DMT as if he understands anything at all about the molecule, is clearly a farce.

Can’t we get a moderator to block this fools bullshit?

Thanks,
Bryan in Seattle

why dont you just leave him alone instead of being a smart ass this website is for serious conversation. Youre not an expert man sorry

Ketamine may work because thats a dissociative, very few meds mess with NMDA receptors.

LSD and classical psychedelics are pretty effectively blocked by antipsychotics. MDMA too I think.

Anti-psychotics are like a cure for if you are having a bad trip. I don't see, why else you would combine them. There is no great synergy whatsoever. I've used pretty much every ant-psychotic in the alphabet but I don't see the purpose in combining them with psychedelics, unless you want to get out of it.
I dont want to get into my worst mental scenario so i take antipsychotics but i cant skip dmt its fascination.. Dmt also works as an antipsychotic on me when The trip is over all bad symtom of psychosis Are over

I never have experienced psychosis from psychedelics but plenty with other types of drugs. The key seems to be, to use with moderation. I used seroquel (300mg) as a sleep-aid after tripping on 2C-B. yesterday. Works well. Otherwise I keep turning back and forth for hours.

why dont you just leave him alone instead of being a smart ass this website is for serious conversation. Youre not an expert man sorry

Yeah, you’re right about leaving him alone.

As to my being an “expert”... ( ?? ) I may be qualified, and I may not.

I read a lot.

As to this website being for “serious conversation”, I would HOPE so, but plink around and see what you take as serious... ( ? )

“heatlessbbq” has been dropping spurious nonsense all over the place.

Twit got cancelled, advice taken.

Thank you,
Bryan

There's a thread somewhere here about DMT curing someone's voices in their head. I always took it to be trollish, but maybe they were into something....

i have used ketamine(1mg - 20mg) couple times two years ago while i was on risperidone(2mg i guess).
and it didn't affect much.it was like i am on a normal ketamine state and i felt all ketamine feelings.and if you know the pharmacological information about these drugs you know that antipsychotic medications don't affect dissociative mechanism(NMDA receptors)
i was trying to see if ketamine does any tolerance reduction for opioids and the results for me was negative. not a single drop in my tolerance to oxycodone.
but there was an important thing that time.i felt like i am going crazy and i was so scared even on low dose ketamine.maybe it was just a suggestion in my mind that made me like that because before using it i consulted with my doctor about possibility of psychosis with ketamine.
i have used high dose ketamine around 100mg couple years ago but i don't remember if i was on antipsychotic medication or not.but i have used dissociatives many times that i certainly know what they feel like.

It’s not trolling, it’s my experience and experiences of friends. For example, one time I was tripping too hard on DOC and so I’d puff DMT to calm it down. DMT is an odd psychedelic, there’s nothing like it and it seems to calm down some forms of psychosis.

Another time years back I was at a 3 day festival on too many substances and on the third day I started hearing whispers and seeing shadows, every time I micro puffed DMT it would go away. Would eventually come back when the DMT wore off.

Maybe it displaces serotonin in a unique way or fits into the receptors in a special way, it may or may not be a real neurotransmitter so could be why it feels different. Might regulate some brain functions naturally.

I’m not saying that it’s good to be using it as an anti psychotic but definitely needs studying.

Low doses of some of the other DMTish compounds like 4-AcO-DMT have some of the same calmness but it’s still a normal trip.

It’s not trolling, it’s my experience and experiences of friends. For example, one time I was tripping too hard on DOC and so I’d puff DMT to calm it down. DMT is an odd psychedelic, there’s nothing like it and it seems to calm down some forms of psychosis.

Another time years back I was at a 3 day festival on too many substances and on the third day I started hearing whispers and seeing shadows, every time I micro puffed DMT it would go away. Would eventually come back when the DMT wore off.

Maybe it displaces serotonin in a unique way or fits into the receptors in a special way, it may or may not be a real neurotransmitter so could be why it feels different. Might regulate some brain functions naturally.

I’m not saying that it’s good to be using it as an anti psychotic but definitely needs studying.

Low doses of some of the other DMTish compounds like 4-AcO-DMT have some of the same calmness but it’s still a normal trip.
do you think dmt breakthrough has any antipsychotic effect?
what about those who get mental problems after dmt usage?bad trip etc...
LSD + zyprexa has a worrying trip report on erowid. Ketamine might or might not help with not completely losing your mind, but I'd expect DMT to be comparably troublesome.

That's based on the entirety of one whole trip report, so basically a guess.. but antipsychotics creep me out, the side-effects remind me of deliriants too much. It used to just seem like quite a lot of your cognitive functioning to be giving up in exchange for stability. I'm sure it's not as pronounced with the newer generations of atypical ones, and who knows, maybe throwing the right psychoplastogens at them does mitigate those side-effects. My first impulse for spicing up life however would be to try and get rid of 'em by lowering the dose, learning to tap into and control the natural psychonautic travels to which your mind has been defaulting. There are people who have built entire biocyberdelic operating systems with minds the bureaucrats otherwise would have tossed into the schizo bin and doped up accordingly.
i've used many antipsychotics its not like that,if used on low dosage they don't show many side effects and they don't mess with mind as much as psychedelics.
but antipsychotics have some blood pressure and sleep inducing problem,i am an opioid user and i've gone into problem many times when i use antipsychotic medication and opioid at the same time(same hour)usually this effect(sleeping) will be resolved after an hour but it can stay longer and can prevent you to reach a good opioid high because of getting too sleepy and may even result an overdose.even lowest doses of antipsychotics can make a great CNS depressant effect and make you overdose on opioid.(if used interval less than 1 hour )
i have used 7mg oxycodone with 1mg risperidone and i had nod out and felt into sleep.thats a very low dose(and it wasn't first time with no pre usage,even after years it does still make side effects but not for all day long)
i'm planning to use antipsychotic with magic mushroom,i'm still searching and gathering information because i'm scared to confront bad trips and mental illness.

I dont want to get into my worst mental scenario so i take antipsychotics but i cant skip dmt its fascination.. Dmt also works as an antipsychotic on me when The trip is over all bad symtom of psychosis Are over
in my experience its not like that fast.i've used antipsychotic for many years and the effects of my first bad trip(toughest) didn't resolve until this year.antipsychotics can make us calmer and more sane but they can't change our memory.it's upon us to reach a logical explain for that bad trip we had to get healed.otherwise it will make us irritated everytime we think about it.

Last edited: