• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Antihistamines versus opioid itching

spephspeph

Bluelighter
Hey,

Are some antihistamines better than others when it comes to opioid itching?
Are 1st generation (sedating) better than 2nd generation (non-sedating)?

I'm not looking at potentiating anything, just want to stop the itching.
Particularly around my face, when I'm trying to fall asleep.
Actually, particularly around my nose, so I stop fiddling with it.

Thanks guys.

Hey there...I'm prescribed 2 opiates for RA and I often take a Benedryl at the same time (helps with nausea and itching).

I use Benadryl/DPH quite often, especially when going to sleep. Also hydroxyine (sp?), is helpful but can be more sedating.

Ibuse Piriton or Clarityn for hayfever and general itchiness due to opiate use. Anything with dph will help with that problem xxxRachel xxx

I have a lot of Atarax (Hydroxyzine), 25mg tablets.
Roughly how much would reduce the itching without knocking me out too much?

in regards to the hydroxyzine usuually 25-50mg works......but it does potentiate from what i read.....be safe

I have an intolerance to opiates but I did them anyway.... so I would get itchy to the point I would would scratch until my face/body was raw and bleeding. Phenergan was the only thing that helped... benadryl wasn't strong enough sometimes..

Benadryl I Used Unisom Since I Had Insomnia and Never got Itchy Unitl I Sniffed Lines to Stay High All Day when it the High Wore off the Histamine that was Released was still Lingering around and Building Up Each Dose Until I was Accidently so High Scratchy For My Foot on the Bottom Of My Metal Desk and then it Bled Luckily I Looked Wondering Why it was So itchy and Stopped then lAUGHED "No Wonder they are Called Pain-Killers I see Now Heh!" But Diphenhydramine is the Chemical Substance Names For Benadryl which 2 Of them is Equal to 1 Unisom Since they are 25MG Each And Unisom is 50MG Each Once a Night For Sleep But Austrailia and one or two other countries list and i took 100mg a night but they prob have like a weeks use maximum instead of 2 weeks use here and Plus I Noticed A Lot More Effects Forever But Also Side-Effects Meaning 100MG is a must Long-Term But One Side-Effect I Hated Was Non-Stop Urge to Pee and Symtpoms Say Over-Acting Bladder Urination From An Enlarged Prostate I Stopped Taking it EVERYDAY And Use Orphenadrine Similar Substance Powerful Methadone Potentiator ENOUGH IT IS PROVEN TO KILL! But Anyways the Symptoms Of Persist Urge to Urinate have Subsided But still Do Not Seem to be Completely Normal I Am Going To ASk the Doctor About it.