Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Antihistamines to stop the opiate itch

Doooofus

Bluelighter
Hi just wondering if anyone could recommend an antihistamine to help minimise the itch from codeine? I have dosed once at 150mg and found the itch managable, but I am planning to dose higher next time and would like to avoid spending the whole time scratching. I've heard diphenhydramine is available, but I've also heard this will put you to sleep, which I'd rather not happen.

Also on a side note: is codeine + caffeine a good combo?

Thanks!

Im not quite sure what this itch is you talk of but anyhow, if you want an antihistimine to stop itches with your codeine you can buy it as a combonation pill OTC at the chemist, the one i usually ingest as a antihistimine/pain killer is a doxylamine succinate + codeine combonation, Im not really a fan of feeling groggy the next day though :/

As for the Codeine + Caffeine synergy, i have not had any problems with it, Mind you the Caffeine i have with it is in coffee not in pill form.

You've never gotten an itch from opiates? Well I've found Nurofen Plus to be the best way to obtain codeine, as I couldn't be bothered with cold water extractions or anything fancy. As for antihistamines, will any allergy medication do? i.e. a hayfever medication or something similar?

Doooofus said:
You've never gotten an itch from opiates? Well I've found Nurofen Plus to be the best way to obtain codeine, as I couldn't be bothered with cold water extractions or anything fancy. As for antihistamines, will any allergy medication do? i.e. a hayfever medication or something similar?

Nah mate cant say i have actually, im a regualar user of nurofen plus aswell. Usually dose 100mg - 180mg and i have never got an itch, just shallowed breathing. Any hayfever meds should be fine, i've used a quite few antihistimines for allergys in combonation with doses of codeine (100mg+) and have not expierenced any contradictions between the two.

I'm hijacking Stars' post ;)

Thread Cleaned

Off-topic material has been removed from this thread, please try to post on topic. Everything that was removed can be found in various nurofen threads on this forum.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited by a moderator: