• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Antidepressants rise down my Testo level

Swls

Greenlighter
Hi
I had two time a down on my testo level due to antidepressants.some of one was huge. It divided my t level by 3. I wonder if it is normal. In fact we dont know lot of those recent pills(30years) and each of us react specially. Nardil and paroxetine did that to me. When i stopped my t level come back normally. So i wonder if it just low your t level or worst it make your cells less sensibke at testosterone??? Last observation the t level falls down especially on paroxetine and not DEROXAT GLAXO SMITH retail paroxetine... Advices ? Am i not normal lol

Hi
I had two time a down on my testo level due to antidepressants.some of one was huge. It divided my t level by 3. I wonder if it is normal. In fact we dont know lot of those recent pills(30years) and each of us react specially. Nardil and paroxetine did that to me. When i stopped my t level come back normally. So i wonder if it just low your t level or worst it make your cells less sensibke at testosterone??? Last observation the t level falls down especially on paroxetine and not DEROXAT GLAXO SMITH retail paroxetine... Advices ? Am i not normal lol
Were you active when this happened??Because sometimes Antidepressants can cause you to be lethargic and being inactive can lower your testosterone
Working out your legs by doing squats or lunges can raise testosterone because alot of your T is in your legs

Some studies have shown that SSRI antidepressants may reduce testosterone levels in men.
it's very annoying. But especially the brand mylan of paroxetine act a little decrease of my T. The worst case was NARDElzine which divided my T by 4 damn, 5years ago
Now i m under nothing since almost cause I'm worried about that

You can't "rise" something "down".
Yeah sorry, i would say deacrease . It s more English :)

Increased prolactin levels under antipsychotic medications are not uncommon. Some rare instances of gynecomastia have been reported under fluoxetine and venlafaxine, always associated with increased serum prolactin levels. In the present case the close tempral relationship between initiation of duloxetine and the development of gynecomastia and the recurrence under continued medication and resolution after termination of the medication suggests a possible causal relationship. The normal prolactin levels argue against anvolvement of prolactin in the pathogenesis. We suspect a prolactine independent mechanism.

lots of meds affect prolactin. SSRIs are biggest offernders, but so are tricyclic ones like trazadone and who knows how many more.
personally, i prefer antidepressants like selegiline or moclobemide. maybe even wellbutrin but i havent tried it yet. regardless i did read lots of positive reviews in concern to libido.
some solutions if you are on SSRIs can be adding wellbutrin to them or adderall, or perhaps something more natural and safer like saffron https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6007725/

lots of meds affect prolactin. SSRIs are biggest offernders, but so are tricyclic ones like trazadone and who knows how many more.
personally, i prefer antidepressants like selegiline or moclobemide. maybe even wellbutrin but i havent tried it yet. regardless i did read lots of positive reviews in concern to libido.
some solutions if you are on SSRIs can be adding wellbutrin to them or adderall, or perhaps something more natural and safer like saffron https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6007725/
I read somewhere that was slso the constantly high level of serotonin which decrease testosterone and even in long time periode affect RNA...

No, i m under nothing now. I m scared of all drugs and just take alcohol when needed . But it s worst.

ok with moclobemide RIMA's there's no side effect on prolactin ? No problem with food dietary, for exemple you can drink the quantity that you want of wine ( about tyramine)? How muvh dose of it did you take daily ?

about selegiline, it affect only dopamine? It's not only to cure Parkinson's diseases?

Finally, have you heard about Pramipexole ?

Last edited by a moderator:
moclobemide form of aurorix from europe is what i was using long time ago. i forgot the dose but it was by indication on label, like a pill a day i believe. unlike selegiline which didnt work for me, this did give me boost in energy and mood. and its reversible MAOI unlike selegiline so you dont need restriction on diet. in fact, its the safest med used for elderly which cannot keep up with rules on strict diet and such. "Due to the lack of anticholinergic, cardiovascular, cognitive and psychomotor impairments moclobemide is advantageous in the elderly as well as those with cardiovascular disease"

about pramipexole, it didnt do anything but make me tired. i wouldnt recommend it.

Were you active when this happened??Because sometimes Antidepressants can cause you to be lethargic and being inactive can lower your testosterone
Working out your legs by doing squats or lunges can raise testosterone because alot of your T is in your legs
Your first idea is just pure bullshit.

The second one is half bullshit and half perhaps true. The bullshit part is that it is "because alot of your T is in your legs" - why do you think women are closer to men in strength in their thighs than in their shoulders? Because generally - the further up on the body the muscle is, the more androgen receptors there are. But of course there is more free Testosterone where there is more blood. But that has nothing to do with what the OP asked for.

A meta analysis from 2015 concluded:" The current body of evidence regarding acute responses of sal-T to exercise is weak", although it is probably true, but it is very acute changes.

it's very annoying. But especially the brand mylan of paroxetine act a little decrease of my T. The worst case was NARDElzine which divided my T by 4 damn, 5years ago
Now i m under nothing since almost cause I'm worried about that
moclobemide form of aurorix from europe is what i was using long time ago. i forgot the dose but it was by indication on label, like a pill a day i believe. unlike selegiline which didnt work for me, this did give me boost in energy and mood. and its reversible MAOI unlike selegiline so you dont need restriction on diet. in fact, its the safest med used for elderly which cannot keep up with rules on strict diet and such. "Due to the lack of anticholinergic, cardiovascular, cognitive and psychomotor impairments moclobemide is advantageous in the elderly as well as those with cardiovascular disease"

about pramipexole, it didnt do anything but make me tired. i wouldnt recommend it.
When you used Aurorix, where you able to use opioids without getting problems? I'm so jealous of you!

I read somewhere that was slso the constantly high level of serotonin which decrease testosterone and even in long time periode affect RNA...
But are you sure the total level of Serotonin is increased by antidepressants? We only know it increases in specific places. Remember 80 % of your serotonin is in your stomach.

We know that low serotonin correlates with aggression, but high testosterone within normal levels, or even a bit above normal levels, does not cause aggression.

I believe you are right when you state that SSRI:s decreases.

We know opioids and Diazepam does it. We also know that depression and lowTestosterone has a very clear correlation. and that Testosterone often helps with depression and even increases general well-being in perfectly fine people..

Your first idea is just pure bullshit.

The second one is half bullshit and half perhaps true. The bullshit part is that it is "because alot of your T is in your legs" - why do you think women are closer to men in strength in their thighs than in their shoulders? Because generally - the further up on the body the muscle is, the more androgen receptors there are. But of course there is more free Testosterone where there is more blood. But that has nothing to do with what the OP asked for.

A meta analysis from 2015 concluded:" The current body of evidence regarding acute responses of sal-T to exercise is weak", although it is probably true, but it is very acute changes.

When you used Aurorix, where you able to use opioids without getting problems? I'm so jealous of you!

why jealous? i didnt use opioids on aurorix. i was actually using it for depression when i quit both alcohol and opiates at that time.
i wish i have it now actually. so i can quit both of those devils again *sigh*