• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Antidepressants & Party Drugs

Splatt said:
Fuck SSRI's all together though, most people can't get it up on those, so fuck that. The tricyclics arent good either. If you're into being sedating but anxiety free without addiction potential, try Avanza (Remeron), but if you want to keep your weight, I wouldn't advise it, as it makes you gain weight easily, gives you the munchies chronic. Also makes you have pretty fucked up dreams at times, kind of stressful dreams that repeat over and over.

My main concern at the moment is getting rid of this anxiety/panic attacks that just hit me out of the blue at 26 years of age. It is crippling my life. Whats the point of having a penis if you cant talk to a girl without having a panic attack?

I have never ever really been depressed before except for the other day when I had a panic attack when I saw some people I used to work with. I had been on this Effexor for 2.5 weeks and it was a huge let down to to realise that this drug does n't seem to be the answer to my problems. After that, for the first time I felt really depressed.

How do I get a doctor to prescribe all these different kind of drugs. I notice they do not like to be told how to do their job and if you suggest one drug they will say "no, I prefer to prescribe this other drug." They also seem to be threatened by you researching all the different kind of drugs on the net. That has been my perception anyway.

I have always thought that GP's know a little bit about everything but fuck all about anything in particular.

I've found quite a few doctors who will dispense basically whatever you want, especially if you're just talking about benzos or anti-dep's and such, and not narcotics and oxycontins and the like.

You can also order drugs online legally with a real script signed by a real doctor. Can be a little pricey though.

Benzos are very hard to get a hold of, where Im from every doctors clinic has a big sign saying No we do not prescribe Benzos, Opiates or any Schedule 8 drugs here.
Benzos seem like the answer to a lot of things, but the addiction is bad. Same with GHB, its a wonder drug, but the addiction is easy when used that way and the acute withdrawal symptoms are nasty.

Most benzos here are Schedule IV, "considered to be of low abuse potential and may lead to limited physical or psychological dependence" This is the second lowest class, followed only by Schedule V, which is a very short list of mostly weak and low dose opiate-based diarreah meds. Benzos seem to be dispensed rather easily here, while opiates are prescribed quite rarely. Anything not on any schedules, such as prozac, or elavil for example, are often doled out like candy. IME, if you tell alot of doc's around here you want something, and its not scheduled, its all gravy.

Friend wants to know if Lexapro will stop the effects of Ketamine or nitrous, or how long he needs to stop taking it before a 2C-x psychedelic would work.

Strapped said:
My main concern at the moment is getting rid of this anxiety/panic attacks that just hit me out of the blue at 26 years of age. It is crippling my life. Whats the point of having a penis if you cant talk to a girl without having a panic attack?

I have never ever really been depressed before except for the other day when I had a panic attack when I saw some people I used to work with. I had been on this Effexor for 2.5 weeks and it was a huge let down to to realise that this drug does n't seem to be the answer to my problems. After that, for the first time I felt really depressed.

How do I get a doctor to prescribe all these different kind of drugs. I notice they do not like to be told how to do their job and if you suggest one drug they will say "no, I prefer to prescribe this other drug." They also seem to be threatened by you researching all the different kind of drugs on the net. That has been my perception anyway.

I have always thought that GP's know a little bit about everything but fuck all about anything in particular.

Just hang in there bro. sounds to me like you'd be better off with a non-chemical therapy for your anxiety, such as counselling. its quite possible that there may be factors contributing to your anxiety that you dont even realise. if i were you, i'd go see your doc again, tell him/her your concerns and dont let them talk over you. if need be, go see a psychologist. having said that though, you've only been taking effexor for 2 and a half weeks, chances are you havent felt the full effect of it yet.

Ive been on anti depressants (lovan) since I was 17, and Ive continued to take drugs the entire time, Ive never had any problems.

JoeBloggs said:
Just hang in there bro. sounds to me like you'd be better off with a non-chemical therapy for your anxiety, such as counselling. its quite possible that there may be factors contributing to your anxiety that you dont even realise. if i were you, i'd go see your doc again, tell him/her your concerns and dont let them talk over you. if need be, go see a psychologist. having said that though, you've only been taking effexor for 2 and a half weeks, chances are you havent felt the full effect of it yet.

Thanks. I am not sure counselling is the answer for me at this point in time. I am a bit of a pesimist and i don't think my personality and attitude would allow me to accept/benefit from counselling at this point in time (unfortunately).

I used to be a heavy drug user and I know in my heart that this has had some kind of long term effect on my mental health and my current problems.