• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anti-Nausea Effects of Benzodiazepines?

frontbluntt

Bluelighter
Does anyone else get anti-nausea effects from benzos?
For the past couple years I've always had a stash of etizolam because it's so useful to me, I use it to come down from and fall asleep after stimulants, and I also use it to completely stop nausea.

For example, I can't drink more than a beer without my stomach feeling extremely horrible and needing to puke. However, if I take a couple etties before going out to drink I can drink all I want. Taking etizolam will completely settle my stomach on any drug that may be causing me nausea, be it alcohol, cocaine, heroin (I don't take more than one), psychedelics, etc. I've even used them for non-drug-related nausea caused by random things like eating shitty food or being sick, what have you.

Does anyone else experience anti-nausea properties from benzos? My friends and girlfriend all do. This is actually pretty much only directed to etizolam, which is a thienzo or whatever. But I think any benzo will work for me, with maybe the exception of clonazepam which sometimes upsets my stomach.

Also, can anyone explain scientifically what is going on? I assume it has something to do with GABA inhibiting nmessages of feeling nauseous?

Well they prescribe lorazepam and other benzodiazepines to cancer patients for nausea. I don't know the exact mechanism but perhaps it just relives nausea caused by anxiety? I get bad nausea from anxiety and have puked my guts up from panic attacks before and clonazepam stopped that cold for me. I don't find benzos to relieve nausea caused by pain or say bad food though.

Diazepam and xanax do the exact opposite for me and give me nausea when i dose.

Lorazepam was alright for me in this aspect. Probably my favorite benzos as well.

Front blunt I also noticed this when I was drinking 40oz old English lol I would be very interested in doing some personal research for this and will probably try to get a hold of some.

I'm assuming the nausea comes from a "hidden" anxiety that you may have under certain conditions that you may not know of........

Then again, the doctors prescribed vicodin in the 50's for depression so who knows what other conditions benzos can cure.

I'm assuming the nausea comes from a "hidden" anxiety that you may have under certain conditions that you may not know of........

Then again, the doctors prescribed vicodin in the 50's for depression so who knows what other conditions benzos can cure.

no it's definitely that my stomach is incompatible with alcohol, i mean it gets REALLY irritated and i have to puke and I feel horrible. My body just hates alcohol in general because I get soul-crushing all-day puke-fest hangovers too. I hate drinking.

If it was from some deep-seated anxiety problem I don't think I could do DMT and love it so much and not have any nausea from that haha

Benzos give me nausea. An odd kind of nausea that makes my stomach feel.. just sick. Like it's full of toxins. A little hard to explain. I wish they didn't, because they're highly effective for my anxiety.

One of the main effects of Lorazepam is this. Some places use Clonidine in combination with Lorezapam for opiate withdrawal for this reason.

Muscle relaxation is a factor, all benzos aswell as gabaergic drugs relax the muscles in some form or another, if the gastric process that is causing the nausea aswell as from that to i mean the the gag reflex are all interrupted or altered by benzodiazepines, i only had a brief stint in my life where i actually abused benzos so i can't really say i've ever made them a go-to for nausea, but now that i'm thinking about it, when i take my kpins or when i ate 10+ mg of xanax at a time years ago (which led me to standing in the snow barefoot in the middle of winter but that was a beautiful experience, i'll probably remember that day until i die) i never noticed the anti nausea, i have known that benzos can aid (and i do say aid, not totally prevent incase anyones thinking of downing a bottle and popping a benzo which is also extroadinarily stupid mmmk)in preventing vomitting to death when passing out from alcohol but never looked into the mechanism behind it

Don’t worry I’m good to go. It just WEIRD what I experienced lately. I took benzodiazepines for a long time, I was once addict then I stopped. Couple years later I took lyrica and I woke up at the hospital, no doctor never understood what happened but they prescribed me Ativan 1mg a day to make sure I don’t make my seizure. Back in the days benzoa were reducing nausea and helping me eat. Since 2 months maybe more every time I take Ativan I have a terrible nausea in the morning and my day is just a total waste feeling literally sick.
So reading these beautiful stories writing from Kratom,sage,psylos,ip lsd and much more I ordered last week but tonight I’m stuck with my good old Lor