• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anti-Euphoria Injections

oh god. If this planet wasnt already going downhill fast. Why not inject us with a "junk food imunisation" ..Tell ya why? MONEY!!! ....the world needs a leader to moderate scary things like this.. not the pope...how about michael moore?

the hipocracy of it is truly laughable.

"we dont want people doing drugs, so we will inject them with drugs"

DUUUHHHH
all jokes aside, this is probably the scariest thing ive read in a long time. it seems so show that the government actually wants to stop us from being happy! instead of finding ways to remove the euphoria from drugs, why dont they research ways to deal with the negative factors??

sure addiction is a big negative, but i would dare say they make up the minority of the drug using community.

my kids will be safe from this shit!!! i will never let the fkn government inject brain altering crap into them!!!!! i dont care if i gotta blaze my way outta the hospital with baby in one hand and an uzi in the other!

PapaverPrisoner and others: These injections don't act on receptors and they don't stop you being happy.

They bind to the cocaine molecule, making it too large to cross the blood brain barrier, which means that you can't get high on the particular drug you're immunised against.

I hate being happy. Every time someone gives me drugs I feel happy and at peace with the world, and I hate it. it's a terrible feeling and all I want to feel is misery and death and gloom. Even when people around me are on drugs, they're happy and so I'm happy. I hate this too.

Sign me up!

=\

Originally posted by TheYellowDart
have you got a copy of the results of these handy? Never heard this as more than speculation so I'm interested in reading some actual scientific studies on it

last night my dad gave me an information sheet on melatonin from a chemist (www.stenlake.com.au). it has a list of melatonin depletors which includes "Electromagnetic fields depending on the distance from source and brand" (I think it's a typo and is meant to say band) and then goes on to list possible EMF sources in order of emission strength, the top 5 being (in ascending order):

-Television
-Photocopy machine
-fluorescent light
-Baby monitor (didn't expect that one..)
-Computer

while mobile phones aren't specifically listed, they do radiate EMF and they are held right up to your head, if it depletes melatonin I wouldn't be suprised if it affected other neurochemical function.

Beware of making big assumptions based on little acquired evidence. It has a tendancy to make you look like a fool.

In regards to the whole mobile phone/melatonin thing,
Effects of the 1900 MHz Electromagnetic Field Emitted from Cellular Phone on Nocturnal Melatonin Secretion
Not difinitive proof, but one study that has been done. It looks like theres been a bit of intrest in this area tho.

satricion: Ahh yes... I do now recall that as its mechanism of action. Thank you. I can definately see now as to why it would be of benefit to addiction cases.

stace.

PapaverPrisoner said:
So what? You are already feeling less happy than you ought to; cell phones and even cell phone traffic penetrates your brain and depletes your stock of several brain chemicals above all serotonin. This has been proven in country after country:Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany and UK and US.

Recently a swedish scientist proved beyond doubt in a double-blind experiment that morphine couldnt give as good analgesia as before (and probably less euphoria too) because cell phone traffic broke down the blood-brain-barrier and destroyed endorphines. This has been suspected long ago by scientists all over the western world...

Firstly you haven't provided a link to serotonin depletion, you've provided a single study which shows that melatonin secretion may be affected. How on earth do you control for something like this? People in Japan are staying up quite late, who is to say it's not lifestyle choices at work?

You can't generalise from this to other brain chamicals either.

What is this swedish study?

Cell phone traffic does not break down the blood brain barrier... if this happened, you'd die!

I just wanted to clear something up. These drugs don't effect euphoria. They make the body produce antobodys against the drug choosen, whether its cocaine, nicotine or heroin. Then, the antibody binds to the drug, and the idea is, to disable it before it reaches the brain.

You would still be able to have euphoria from non-drug induced sources.

This is true, but nevertheless you're making an irreversible choice in someone's life. You're deciding against humanity's right to use drugs in the future... Governmental policies can be changed, and reversed.... But you can't undo this when you've vaccinated an entire population. You may condemn millions of people to an absence of experiences. I think the article on the front page summarises it very well.

At current level of research, it certainly isn't irreversible. Currently, the antibodies only remain active for 1 year or so.

And it is hardly an "absence of experiences". It might be an absence of heroin-induced experiences though.

In reality.. if you stop people from using one thing, they'll abuse another. New drugs are always being created and more work would be put into creating ones which circumvent such an immunisation and give a similar effect.

Also another thought...... heroin is converted to morphine in the brain, so would not an inhibitor possibly affect other opiates aswell?

I'd definately be interested to read about the actual mechanism of action of these inhibitors.

stace.

As far as mechanism goes, basically the drug of choice is attatched to an innert protein. The body develops antibodys against the drug. You can't use the drug by itself, because you couldn't give it to humans in a big enough does for it to be antigenic.

Although it is possible for the antigen developed by your body to be unspecific, antibodies production eveloved to be specific. For instance antibodies can tell the difference between different animals hemaglobin, i.e very similar molecules.

Will it have the same affect on all drugs? or just cocain and heroin?
Would it prevent mdma's effects?

Each immunisation is specific to a particular drug, and at the moment I haven't heard of an immunisation against MDMA, just coke and heroin.

In theory though, one could be made.

Originally posted by Christian Soldier
I think this will be a great tool for helping addicts quit drugs.

I think it should only be used for this. AFAIK this was the primary reason it was invented in the first place. To help treat addicts.

As for injecting it into innocents - I can't comprehend... seems like a bad dream.

What would you do if was your child standing in line for the next jab? I'm pretty sure in Australia you cannot force immunisation onto people who don't want it.

You can't force immunisation but a lot of places require current vaccination certificates for some things AFAIK

VelocideX said:
Firstly you haven't provided a link to serotonin depletion, you've provided a single study which shows that melatonin secretion may be affected. How on earth do you control for something like this? People in Japan are staying up quite late, who is to say it's not lifestyle choices at work?

You can't generalise from this to other brain chamicals either.

What is this swedish study?

Cell phone traffic does not break down the blood brain barrier... if this happened, you'd die!

You have mixed us up - I haven't written anything about japs or melatonin.
The swedish study is not only one - it was repeated twice in Sweden by scientists in the university hospital of Lund and then in Germany (twice) and it showed that the BBB "broke down" so that it leaked. During that time (hours) albumin and a lot of damaging stuff reached the brain. A collection of some links in english is to be found here
and if you write: brain blood barrier cell phones in google, you will have thousands of reports about it.

Big Brother Is Watching :p

This is some scary shit, I mean fuck okay, immunising against hard drugs might be semi oright, but fuck that. Imagine a anti-weed vaccine :S

Personally all I could see happening if this was full raising a generation of pissheads with serious ciggy addiction instead. Yes let's boost the legal drug market and inhibit any choice of feeling euphoria from substances that could actually open ppls minds. :p

The day they make a anti-lsd vaccine is the day I ingest 10,000 micrograms of lsd, drink a litre of datura tea, get my hands on a remington shotgun and go vigilante :p

PapaverPrisoner said:
You have mixed us up - I haven't written anything about japs or melatonin.
The swedish study is not only one - it was repeated twice in Sweden by scientists in the university hospital of Lund and then in Germany (twice) and it showed that the BBB "broke down" so that it leaked. During that time (hours) albumin and a lot of damaging stuff reached the brain. A collection of some links in english is to be found here
and if you write: brain blood barrier cell phones in google, you will have thousands of reports about it.

I ask you then to find me a citation for a published medical journal which proves these claims.

Typing "cell phones blood brain barrier" into pubmed provides four studies, one of which is:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12190293
Effect of long-term mobile communication microwave exposure on vascular permeability in mouse brain.

Finnie JW, Blumbergs PC, Manavis J, Utteridge TD, Gebski V, Davies RA, Vernon-Roberts B, Kuchel TR.

Veterinary Services Division, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.

AIMS: To study the effect of long-term exposure to global system for mobile communication (GSM) radiofrequency fields on vascular permeability in murine brains. METHODS: Using a purpose-designed exposure system at 900 MHz, mice were given a 60-minute far-field, whole body exposure on each of 5 days per week for 104 weeks at specific absorption rates (SAR) of 0.25, 1.0,2.0 and 4.0 W/kg. Control mice were sham-exposed or permitted free movement in a cage to evaluate any stress-related effects. Albumin immunohistochemistry was used to detect increased vascular permeability and the efficacy of the vascular tracer was confirmed with a positive control group exposed to a clostridial toxin known to increase vascular permeability in the brain. RESULTS: In all exposed and control groups, albumin extravasation was minimal, often leptomeningeal, and was deemed insignificant as a maximum of three capillaries or venules in a given brain showed leakage from the very many blood vessels present in the three coronal brain sections. CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that prolonged exposure to mobile telephone-type radiation produces negligible disruption to blood-brain barrier integrity at the light microscope level using endogenous albumin as a vascular tracer.