• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Anti depressants and mescaline/lsa/shrooms?

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I’ve been weaning off them for a while, I’m down to 10 mg doxipin, 19 mg Zoloft, and 7.5 mg remeron/mirtazipine
Will that affect my trip? How much if so.

I have morning glory right now, ive heard people say they felt nothing, and I’ve heard some say they feel everything, what do you guys think the chances are that I’ll feel something? I have 1500 seeds should I just take 25 and wait 4 hours and if nothing happens take 50 the week after? I don’t want to waste them, but they are very cheap, 12 bucks for 1500, so if I were to test out psychedelics with my anti depressants that would be the first choice

Don't bother counting individual seeds. Morning glory seed trips are dosed by the gram. You'll want between 7 and 14 grams for a trip. (which is hundreds of tiny seeds, so much easier and faster to weigh them in larger quantities).

MG seeds are mild compared to most other psychedelics. Even 14g of seeds will be less visual and less mind fuck than even one hit of lsd. However it does feel more like lsd than anything else. Has a lysergamide body high with some visuals at higher doses only. You might think it's your meds but LSA is by nature a mild psychedelic. Also the last seeds I bought were bulk order like yours (not the seed packets from the store, right?) and I didn't even feel them. THat's common with homegrown seeds. I got them from Amazon.

I've only ever gotten real trips off the seed packs from the retail stores. I like about 14g so I get some visuals. I've tried picking my own too but it didn't work.
SO just in case it doesn't work don't give up and it isn't your meds either. MG seed can be highly variable. If your seed works cool, if not you should go to the garden center at a major retail chain to buy seed packets. For some reason every time I've eaten commercial seeds out of packets I have tripped!

The last time I tripped on MG I was on effexor, abilify, and trazodone at bedtime and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary that could be attributed to meds. I took 14g of seeds that I obtained from a local retail store. Shit I fell asleep tripping bc LSA isn't stimulating like LSD. Woke up the next morning still tripping! lol I like LSA from time to time. There have been times when it was by far the easiest to procure actual psychedelic experience available.

Last edited:
I see no one answered he's shrooms question.

I have a question about shroooms, if your on a little dose of meds will it effect the trip?

In my personal experience psychedelics are just way stronger than psych meds. I mean I suppose it might matter which ones you take but I've been on several antidepressants, sleep aids, antipsychotics, etc. I have always retained the ability to trip off psychedlics. Now MDMA on the other hand did not work AT ALL for 10 years bc of my meds. Specifically due to taking an SSRI which blocks MDMA from binding to and reversing the serotonin transporter.

ALl the reviews of the seeds I bought were good, most were tripping off them, I don’t know where to get untreated seeds other than another the internet

Ya, I take Zoloft, from what I’ve heard it blocks them, have you taken that with hallucinogens?

Ya, I take Zoloft, from what I’ve heard it blocks them, have you taken that with hallucinogens?
I've been on duloxetine (which is an SNRI) for 8 years and it pretty much halves my trips, in intensity (not time).

ALl the reviews of the seeds I bought were good, most were tripping off them, I don’t know where to get untreated seeds other than another the internet
Good reviews is cool. I think all the major seed distributors no longer treat these seeds with mercury compounds. Surely they were intentionally poisoning people to discourage oral use. in years gone by. I haven't encountered treated seed packets since high school. That was 20 years ago. I did wind up with some treated seeds once in high school. Intense stomach cramps and nausea due to that I've done MG so many times since high school and never gotten treated seeds since, and I only use the seed packets from big chain stores. I've never eaten seeds from a retailer and not had a trip. I have bought fresh seeds online that had zero effect. My cousin wanted his seeds organic so he bought a pack and grew them out. He spent so much time counting seeds and consuming them (that takes a long time bc you'll trip better if you chew them up so small they are nothing but mush). I also think you trip better the longer the juices are in your mouth while chewing due to sublingual absorption like putting a hit of acid under your tongue. Anyway my cousin who grew his own didn't trip either.
I don't know the reason but it's definitely been my experience that the only reliably potent seeds come from the major distributors so if yours don't work try some that come in packets. And don't worry about getting treated seeds bc the last time I did was 20 years ago. And all the seed packets say something like toxic to people and pets if consumed. That's bc if you consume them you will trip so that's not really something to worry about!! You would be able to tell if they are treated bc the seeds will taste metallic and you'll feel naueous pretty quick. As I said though I no longer think it's a common practice to poison your customers to prevent so called abuse. Why would the seed distributor honestly give a fuck whether you eat them or plant them.

I had a bunch of really cool MG seed trips last spring. Seeds were from Meijer. The cool thing about seed packs from them were that they were oversized! 1.5g per pack. The ones sold at the dollar tree are only 450mg packets. It's not cost effective like that. 1.5g per pack is much better.
I don't know how many times I've heard someone worried about tripping with SSRI's and I think with most SSRI's/SNRI's it doesn't matter that much for psychedelics. However I just found this article about your zoloft and it sounds like it has additional signalling activity of some sort at the 5-HT2 receptors so zoloft/sertraline may be an exception. It may not. I might try dosing anyway to see if it were me. When I was on meds I never considered getting off them for a trip bc then you might deal with SSRI withdrawal and God only knows how that could effect the tone of your trip. Everyone who used to use MDMA that's taken an SSRI know what a bummer that is. I mean with MDMA it's not reduced effect it's zero effect but psychedelics have a different mechanism of action than MDMA.

based on this article it reads as if sertraline reduces the density of 5-HT2 receptors so it sounds as if you may even have longer lasting reduction in effect of psychedelics even if you eventually get off zoloft due to less 5-HT2a sites available for psychedelics to bind to.

Shit, well that sucks, I’ve been weaning for months already, I was trying to get off of doxipin first but maybe I should get off Zoloft first, from what I’ve heard you have to stop them completely for a month straight and then your back to normal as far as psychedelics go

I jjust wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience
I read the article, I think you mixed up 5e drugs, it said amitryptalinr reduced the amount of ht2a receptors, but Zoloft did not

Shit, well that sucks, I’ve been weaning for months already, I was trying to get off of doxipin first but maybe I should get off Zoloft first, from what I’ve heard you have to stop them completely for a month straight and then your back to normal as far as psychedelics go
I think I asked this before in another of your threads polar, but I can't remember if you answered. But have you spoken to your doctor about going off your meds??

I talked to them, they said only Zoloft, I said yes ma’am, but in reality, I’d already reduced my doxipin by half, so I eve been chipping off a mg a week for over a month, the first two weeks I reduced my doxipin by 25 mg at once, and I ended up addicted to 600 mg a day of gabapentin, so now I stop a lot slower

@polarthedog I still think your mind should be capable of having a psychedelic experience even on your current regime. Now whether it would be somehow diminished or not I don't think we could say until someone replies who has tried tripping on zoloft or until you try it yourself.

I wanna trip hard though, if the Zoloft affect some th trip at all I want off, plus it’s better now 5an later, the longer I’m on it the more dependent I’ll be

MG seed is such a light trip that I'm not sure you could even determine whether it was diminished or not. MG seed is primarily a LSD like body high until you get up around the 10-14g dose range. Then you will likely have some very mild visuals. LSA is good for color enhancement and even seeing a few colors that weren't there before.

I actually agree about getting off that medication though. I don't regret getting off abilify and venlafaxine.