• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos anti anxiety drugs

Nope I'll have to look into it, but because I've tried other herbs I couldn't be arsed and don't want to waste money on stuff that don't work but if it lowers cortisol I might need to try that, I'll look it up that thanks

Heeey sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been working the last couple of days. I hope things have been going smoothly

I highly recommend giving ashwagandha a shot. It was helping me for a while to be less stressed out at work, but it started interacting with a new medication from my doc, making me get aggressive, so it had to go. It's a very useful ayurvedic supplement. It works by lowering cortisol levels if they are too high in the body or if they are too low it will elevates them, so in essence it modulates cortisol and keeps it in check.

That's very strange, your reaction to pregabalin. It's the same thing as lyrica right? I was prescribed it a long time ago, for anxiety of all things. It definitely did not make me feel those symptoms you mentioned. My body usually tolerates whatever I throw at it lol

Ahh that's understandable. I think you had a good reaction to the situation. Tbh I'd probably have done the same thing lol Stims can make me anxious or get paranoid sometimes. I haven't done coke in more then 15 years lol It's way too expensive and based off of what I was getting it wasn't much to seek out again. More of a loss then a gain

Woah woah what??! He was keeping you from leaving? Is he a big guy? That's just bizarre that he would act that way, but I have heard that "misery loves company"

You're more confident then I am. I wouldn't goto any pubs. I tried it more then a few times, before my anxiety got really bad and it was nothing to be desired. Loud motor cycle types shouting and acting like fools? No THANK YOU lol Back in the days I was actually going to pubs my anxiety almost seemed non existent compared to now. Where it plagues me the entire day and lets up a little in the evenings.

I came to realize that anxiety or a good portion of it is mental. That's to say that it has to do with how you perceive situations in their entirety. If you always react in the same way to a specific scenario and it bothers you then there's work to be done. The first step in the right direction is acknowledgment of the issue, so that awareness begins to develop. With that awareness, you become able to change how you perceive that specific troublesome scenario. Of course it is not something you develop overnight. It takes time to practice and get the hang of it.

Hah thanks! It feels good to be out driving again. A major boost in confidence. I've just been doing a little practice on the back roads.

Last edited:
You're more confident then I am. I wouldn't goto any pubs

Nor me but I did on pregabalin, I was like a different person, maybe to much confidence and loss of inhibition, I can't stand ubs, drunk people are the worse, yeah shouting and stuff, just the thought of it makes me anxious as fuck

I'm now back on mirtazapine and still trying to get back to how I normally am on it, but I can't face going outside, it's annoying as I need to go shops and stuff, I'm not meeting up with friends now, complete opposite to what I was on pregabalin, I'm probably going to buy vallies Monday if I'm not feeling any better

I'm on nothing for fibromyalgia and went to bed aching from head to toe now pregabalin and benzos are out of my system

No the bloke wasn't stopping me from leaving, I'm to fucking polite to tell him I'm leaving and he was trying it on, so I got someone to phone me up

There's a new shop opened near me, and I said I'd go in when it opened back up, I keep saying I'd go in but then not going because my anxiety is that bad right now, the bloke who runs it has anxiety too, so he understands but it's still shit

Looks like my biggest trouble is anxiety and not so much depression although I have a but of that too.

2014...what a year...I nearly died. But I am still affected to this day. Sometimes I long for K-pins but I know the score - I take them for 2 weeks then stop - I'm fucked - it's as simple as that.

What is an anxious man to do? Mirtazapine helps with sleep and sleep mostly. It also helps a bit with depression but not as much as Venlafaxine but hey at least it doesn't make me do things I'd be ashamed of nor does it impair sexual function. I guess that's two things to its credit.

But I wish there was something that didn't come with a long list of side effects.

At least it's not as bad as antipsychotics.

Same if I take benzos for a few days I go into withdrawal its crazy, but obviously the longer I'm on them the worse it is

How did you nearly die?

I’ve been taking Valerian root for about a month now three times a day, 450mg a pill, and I really don’t notice anything, I suffer from sleep as well as anxiety.

Plus I read that Valerian root causes liver toxicity.

Nor me but I did on pregabalin, I was like a different person, maybe to much confidence and loss of inhibition, I can't stand ubs, drunk people are the worse, yeah shouting and stuff, just the thought of it makes me anxious as fuck

Some loss of inhibition can be good when it comes to anti anxiety meds, but too much can lead to reckless behavior, or having other side effects. I completely agree with you, drunk people are the worst to talk to or deal with at all. I dont mind alcohol so much, just how it makes people behave.

If you dont mind me asking how much mirtazepine are you takinng? At one point i was taking 60mg and it seemed to affect my libido negatively, so i decided to lower the dosage on my own, without talking to the doctor. Mostly because of how hard it is to get an appointment and how much of a hassle it is. They are trying to do everything over the phone now with COVID going on. I dont need to talk to a doctor just so he can say, "okay yes, try cutting the pill in half and see if the symptoms go away" Ah man You definitely need to get out of the house. Even if its for a walk down the road to a park and back. I can assure you that you will feel way better if you can do that. It is a sort of stepping stone, so that you can see that getting out of the house is not so bad and anxiety provoking. Vallies will definintely help lol

You have fibromyalgia? I see why they gave you pregabalin. Have you ever tried gabapentin? It can also be good for pain ive heard. I personally prefer kratom. which is definitely a good alternative to benzos or pregabalin. If you decide to try kratom, exercise caution because it can be habit forming.

You should definitely try to get out to that shop! Make it a goal to get out and talk to the guy that works there. Im sure he would be happy to see you and you can leave whenever you feel like it. Just trying to help :)

Last edited:
If you dont mind me asking how much mirtazepine are you takinng?

22.5mg as any lower don't help sleep any more makes me wired and don't help sleep I keep waking up, wake up quite a few times on the 22.5mg too though

You have fibromyalgia? I see why they gave you pregabalin. Have you ever tried gabapentin? It can also be good for pain ive heard. I personally prefer kratom. which is definitely a good alternative to benzos or pregabalin. If you decide to try kratom, exercise caution because it can be habit forming

Yeah gabapentin makes me wired I don't like it, fucks my sleep up too, I tried 2 different types of Kratom and it didn't do anything, apart from it felt like I'd drank coffee so yeah that doesn't work for me

I'll tell you what did help, sniffing oxy yeah that helped my fibromyalgia but couldn't stay on that for long, pissed off I flushed mine away though now, my fibromyalgia is so bad, when I'm laying in bed it hurts, my body feels heavy like I'm crushing my own bones laying down, my bed hurts me, my own body weight laying down hurts me, it's fucked up, the worse my anxiety and moods get the worse my fibromyalgia gets

I had to go out earlier for my new glasses though, took my son with me which helped but can't do that everytime lol, forgot tea bags though so I need to go back out

I'm trying not to take over this thread that's about benzos with my shit

So anyway these random vallies I ordered came back on wedinos as vallies, I think they must of just been weaker than 10mg though

Ra59Anq.jpg

Clonidine works amazingly for anxiety

lowers blood pressure, and reduces norepinephrine in the CNS / a2 receptor agonist

Most people couldn’t tell the difference if I gave them a 0.1mg Clonidine tablet or a 0.25 Alprazolam (Xanax) tablet lol, no joke.

Last edited:
Most people couldn’t tell the difference if I gave them a 0.1mg Clonidine tablet or a 0.25 Alprazolam (Xanax) tablet lol, no joke

I couldn't tell if I got given a 0.25 xanax lol I barely feel 1mg but I know clonidine is used in opioid withdrawal, lowers blood pressure and shit, I might mention in to my doctor if it lowers norepinephrine then

22.5mg as any lower don't help sleep any more makes me wired and don't help sleep I keep waking up, wake up quite a few times on the 22.5mg too though

I'm taking 15mg mirtazepine. Hearing your dosage makes me wonder if I am taking too little. I get those same symptoms you mentioned most nights. Maybe the low dose of it is messing up my sleep?

Ah that sucks man! I was thinking for sure that gabapentin would do the trick. Kratom can be a little tricky. Some strains will make you have loads of energy and s boost in confidence. Other strains will make you feel like laying down and taking a nap, very good at pain killing and alleviating anxiety.

Lol of course oxy was working that stuff is pretty potent. It would be nice to indulge once in a while, but I don't have any connections for opiates. Wow! That sounds terrible. You gotta see the doctor about that pain. There has got to be something that works for your fibromyalgia that you haven't tried yet.

It must be nice to get out of the house for a bit, right? I always feel better at the end of the day if I was able to get out of the house, even for a short while.

The vallies are legit! I've read that there are a lot of fake presses floating around. Id be so pissed off if I got some fake presses

Some docs are quacks. My old doc that has now passed but was still working at age 80 scripted me xanax. I simply told him the occasional xanax helps me and was thinking maybe he could give me a few a month. He scripted me 120mg a month lol. I certainly did not take 4mg a day, but it fucked me big time. Because I had so many and would at times eat large doses. Got hooked.

He offered to script me 40mg of methadone. He also scripted me roxis several times since I told him my leg is bothering me and I needed something strong.

He was also worthless for any health issues. I actually went to him for something for something other than drugs as he had really good reviews. Turns out he was just a legal drug dealer.

Though, he was a very nice guy, just a little too old to make such big decisions.

I'm taking 15mg mirtazepine. Hearing your dosage makes me wonder if I am taking too little

Smaller doses help sleep intill your body gets used to that dose, people will try and tell you that the lower the dose the better it is for sleep, its not, I've been on this medication on and off for years, all different strengths and yes starting on 7.5mg is very good for sleep, but same as everything your body builds a tolerance, the histamine receptors soon gets used to the 7.5mg so you go up to 15mg, and so on, but from what I've read and also experienced myself, as soon as I go up to 30mg, it does the opposite it becomes a stimulating antidepressant instead of a sedating one because 30mg + is more for worse depression than lower doses

why has something that somebody has "seen" affected them so badly and for such an extended period of time that medication (of whatever type) is necessary after all this time?
generally traumatic events are treated with various types of therapy techniques rather than pharmaceuticals

otherwise there would be millions of people on drugs for the various traumatic events they experience

Why should something you've "seen" affect a person so badly to the extent where it's necessary to resort to pharmaceuticals for an extended period of time in order to keep it together?

What someone may be able to just watch, or see and then forget about and go on with their day effects others in a different way, they can't stop thinking about what they've saw, they get flashbacks of this and can't move on, they can't forget it, it is so traumatising that it's stuck in their mind and they can't get over it, so drugs like antidepressants or other drugs help them not think, or they just try and take drugs to forget and escape their own thoughts, their own memories the things they've seen that they can't move on from without drugs

Clonidine works amazingly for anxiety

lowers blood pressure, and reduces norepinephrine in the CNS / a2 receptor antagonists

Most people couldn’t tell the difference if I gave them a 0.1mg Clonidine tablet or a 0.25 Alprazolam (Xanax) tablet lol, no joke.

I took clonidine coming off methadone and slept 8 hours a night. Worked better than the clonazepam I'm prescribed

Yep :)

Clonidine is a must have in your inventory. Any walk in clinic will prescribe it for smoking cessation, insomnia, or drug withdrawal. It isn’t a controlled substance and any doctor will write a script without batting an eye.

I’m a 240 lbs man, and even HALF a 0.1mg tablet will calm me down before bed.

Oven ten years ago it was a godsend while going through withdrawal of four 80’s a day. I was taking maybe 6 Clonidine tablets a day (0.1mg) for several weeks, and then wean down from Clonidine.

NOTE: if you’re taking Clonidine for several weeks at 4-6 tablets a day, you Must wean / reduce your daily dose as to not experience rebound hypertension. You could literally pass out / faint / dizzy just by standing up from a sitting position. Even when I properly weaned I would get mildly dizzy / lightheaded when getting up from sitting due to the change in blood pressure.

I currently still take Clonidine (as needed as an alternative to benzodiazepines) at maybe a tablet every few week or so, which wouldn’t cause any rebound hypertension. Only daily usage for a week+ would do this...

It really can go head-to-head with any benzo and hold its own....within reason lol

I’m glad it helped you :)

I’ve been taking Valerian root for about a month now three times a day, 450mg a pill, and I really don’t notice anything, I suffer from sleep as well as anxiety.

Plus I read that Valerian root causes liver toxicity.
Alcohol does, too.

JJ