• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Aniracetam Withdrawal?

whiteroom67

Bluelighter
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I couldn't really figure out where else it should go.

Not long ago I started gaining an interest in various nootropics. Among them, Aniracetam is definitely one of my favorites. All of my research led to the conclusion that there is basically no dependency or withdrawal upon cessation of use of pretty much any nootropic, including Aniracetam, or any other racetam for that matter.

Well, I have an interesting observation that recently came into focus.

I have been using Aniracetam in pretty much the recommended dosage for the past several months, with only a couple of short periods where I didn't use it. I would split my dose into 2 .75-.9 gram doses each day. This is only slightly higher than normal.

Well, I recently stopped again after almost daily use for a month and a half or so, and this time, I experienced "brain zaps", exactly what I experienced when I went through Zoloft (SSRI) withdrawal oh so many years ago. It happens mostly when I get up, or turn around, etc. Today is day 2, it feels slightly better than day 1, and it's not unbearable, just annoying, and I'm hoping it goes away soon, but I'm having a hard time believing it is because of the Aniracetam. I do know that Aniracetam has an effect on the 5HT2-A receptor, so this is really the only thing I can think of, that could be causing it, as there isn't much else I have been using regularly, especially regarding serotonin. I did try taking Noopept yesterday, the same day I stopped, so I didn't take it today, but there haven't been any reports of Noopept causing that as a side effect either right? And as far as I know, Noopept isn't known to even affect serotonin at all. I also quit Kratom about a month ago, and was feeling just about 100% more or less until this, besides trouble sleeping.

Any thoughts/experiences/opinions on this? I tried researching and haven't found any other report of something like this happening anywhere on the web.

Strangely enough, I feel I should mention that I also experienced something similar for several days after a very strong Ayahuasca trip about a year ago. Could this all be a symptom of something else? Has anyone else experienced any of this?

Last edited: