• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Started my island again. Excited for spring! If anyone actually wants to play let me know.

Yes! I have much to do. I am happy now I have some decent starter items. Guess now I need to keep looking around for tasks and such. Would like to get a bigger tent!

I forgot to show you my house while you were there. When you max it out you have four rooms on the first floor with a basement and a second floor.

I've never been crazy about themed consoles but I'd love to have this one!

i4uxt9b.jpg

EGErzXf.jpg
I wonder if they are still making these. I would love to get one for my niece *cough* cough*. The Animal Crossing characters are so adorable and having a neice is a very convenient excuse for an old school hetero male such as myself to fall head over heals in love with a cute kiddie looking game such as Animal Crossing.

Im really happy to find that we have a number of Bluelighters actively online gaming. I want to join an online gaming community more than anything but I'm embarrassed by my gaming skills and progress. I hope you guys will except an old poor dog returneth gamer and my sad little island creations.

I gotta say that gaming came back into my life at just the right time. Nintendo takes me to my childhood. Their characters hit me in the feels the way no other gaming platform can. It's embarrassing to say but I'm becoming a Nintendo fanboy.

I can't wait to see everybody's island...
I have so much work to do in order to be even half presentable.

Proud to say that I have 4mths clean today so I have plenty of drug free time to start crafting.

Last edited:
One of my all time faves!
Digging up fossils and fishing for hours by switching the calendar days periodically to rig the game for more cash.
To make me stinking rich so I can have.... A 4 story home full of roaches.
Livin the dream.

I wonder if they are still making these. I would love to get one for my niece *cough* cough*. The Animal Crossing characters are so adorable and having a neice is a very convenient excuse for an old school hetero male such as myself to fall head over heals in love with a cute kiddie looking game such as Animal Crossing.

Im really happy to find that we have a number of Bluelighters actively online gaming. I want to join an online gaming community more than anything but I'm embarrassed by my gaming skills and progress. I hope you guys will except an old poor dog returneth gamer and my sad little island creations.

I gotta say that gaming came back into my life at just the right time. Nintendo takes me to my childhood. Their characters hit me in the feels the way no other gaming platform can. It's embarrassing to say but I'm becoming a Nintendo fanboy.

I can't wait to see everybody's island...
I have so much work to do in order to be even half presentable.

Proud to say that I have 4mths clean today so I have plenty of drug free time to start crafting.

how long have you been playing so far? I'd be happy to let you see mine but I've just restarted a few weeks ago so it's still under construction.

how long have you been playing so far? I'd be happy to let you see mine but I've just restarted a few weeks ago so it's still under construction.
I just bought the Switch at the end of February, ending a 20yr gaming hiatus. I immediately ran out like the drug addict I am and purchased 25 games so Im a bit overwhelmed with options and have only played Animal Crossing 5 sperate days since getting it weeks ago but the days I did play I spent hours and hours playing.

I could see it becoming my Zen game. I'm brought to a calm place by the cool island vibes, calming music and warm village welcome from my villagers. Now that I'm finding others who play Im more motivated to get started and seeing what others have done inspires.

I would be honored to see your island. Mine is pitiful and needs some time and love but just becoming a part of a community is impetus enough for me to jump in, start building and get involved.

I just bought the Switch at the end of February, ending a 20yr gaming hiatus. I immediately ran out like the drug addict I am and purchased 25 games so Im a bit overwhelmed with options and have only played Animal Crossing 5 sperate days since getting it weeks ago but the days I did play I spent hours and hours playing.

I could see it becoming my Zen game. I'm brought to a calm place by the cool island vibes, calming music and warm village welcome from my villagers. Now that I'm finding others who play Im more motivated to get started and seeing what others have done inspires.

I would be honored to see your island. Mine is pitiful and needs some time and love but just becoming a part of a community is impetus enough for me to jump in, start building and get involved.

that's what it's all about man. Take it at your own pace. Do what feels good for you.

Reactions: Ds
I have been playing Animal Crossing. So far I have just added 3 additional houses on my island. I didn't know that the villagers were random that would come to live on your island. There were a couple that I had wanted to invite :(. I guess there will be a time where I can invite more people to the island, and when I get that far into it I will hold out and wait so I can get the Villager I want. I'd really like the Raymond animal. I mean who doesn't want someone dressed as a sexy French maid on the island?
Now I am working on collecting fossils for my museum. anyone have any fossils they would like to donate? :)

I have been playing Animal Crossing. So far I have just added 3 additional houses on my island. I didn't know that the villagers were random that would come to live on your island. There were a couple that I had wanted to invite :(. I guess there will be a time where I can invite more people to the island, and when I get that far into it I will hold out and wait so I can get the Villager I want. I'd really like the Raymond animal. I mean who doesn't want someone dressed as a sexy French maid on the island?
Now I am working on collecting fossils for my museum. anyone have any fossils they would like to donate? :)

those three are random but from now on you can have a part in choosing them. as soon as your next plot is ready, use a nook miles ticket to fly to an island. There will be a camper there. If you like them you can invite them to love with you. If not, fly back to your island and use another ticket. You can do this as many times as you want. After either 24 hours or 48, I forget, it will randomly assign one to you. So you gotta be kinda quick.

also Raymond is super hard to get. You might get lucky. I've never encountered him though.

those three are random but from now on you can have a part in choosing them. as soon as your next plot is ready, use a nook miles ticket to fly to an island. There will be a camper there. If you like them you can invite them to love with you. If not, fly back to your island and use another ticket. You can do this as many times as you want. After either 24 hours or 48, I forget, it will randomly assign one to you. So you gotta be kinda quick.

also Raymond is super hard to get. You might get lucky. I've never encountered him though.
Do I have to have a 'plot' for them to live at before they can live on my island? at what point will i be able to invite them? will i have to upgrade the resident center before i can build more homes?

Do I have to have a 'plot' for them to live at before they can live on my island? at what point will i be able to invite them? will i have to upgrade the resident center before i can build more homes?

yeah, when you update resident services, you will be able to talk to nook and choose to invite more villagers.

he will give you a construction kit. You pick where you want their house, then the Plot will be there the next day. Once it's there, they will start appearing on the mystery islands .

yeah, when you update resident services, you will be able to talk to nook and choose to invite more villagers.

he will give you a construction kit. You pick where you want their house, then the Plot will be there the next day. Once it's there, they will start appearing on the mystery islands .
so should i wait until i have built the plot and waited a day before i go out trying to recruit villagers or will they show up at random after i built the plot?

so should i wait until i have built the plot and waited a day before i go out trying to recruit villagers or will they show up at random after i built the plot?

you pick the location of the plot, then it is constructed overnight. So you can begin your search the morning after you pick the location

So I just finished building the campsite, am I able to invite people to come live on my island? or do I need to do something else.

So I just finished building the campsite, am I able to invite people to come live on my island? or do I need to do something else.

you may need to invite the camper to live on your island to move past that part. then you will pick up where I described before.

Is there anyway to kick villagers off the island? like will they leave if I keep smacking them with my net?

Is there anyway to kick villagers off the island? like will they leave if I keep smacking them with my net?

I don't think any of them will leave until you max out your villagers at ten.

after that, there is no 100% fool proof method.
the only quick way of doing it is to buy an amiibo card. people sell them on Etsy. They aren't sanctioned by Nintendo but they work. The real ones can be expensive and hard to find.

the longer but free way requires time travel. If you don't know about that method , I'll find a video. But yeah, it starts with never ever talking to the villager you want to move out. Then you go to the setting of your switch and manually move the date forward a week at a time. Then you load your island and eventually you will see one of them walking around with a little thought bubble above their heads. When you talk they'll say they've been thinking of making a change.

it can take a while to get your perfect set of villagers. And it really gets annoying when you are trying to get one specific one to move out. Because you'll probably have to end up going forward in time a few months week by week to trigger the response.