Angry Anger Management Thread

My mom was crazy, and luckily my mom believed shrinks were a bunch quacks.
Unfortunately, my elementary school, had different ideas. But I got out of spelling tests for about half of the 5th grade. I got stuck seeing seeing the school district psychologist with 3 others kids. 2 needed to be there, and me and another kid from my class, who was there because he was friends with me.

Have you learned anything from counselor's or therapist's? If even just something small? Or something that you don't want?

I get angry when I have too much or too little stimuli. So I have to constantly balance that out. Which means I need a place I can retreat to when necessary. Both mentally (which was "destroyed" by certain meds) and physically, because some noises or smells or are simply too much for me.
But I can't live isolated from the world, like I had to for the past two or so years because there's only so much you can imagine or create without inspiration and without new stimuli, there's little inspiration.

I'm only now relearning to find that balance, and accepting that the right kind of meds can help, but most importantly is to recognize when something is becoming too much (or too little) and counteract so I don't get to the point where little and sometimes unavoidable things make me explode (and I do get violent sometimes)

I wouldn't say mental health professionals all suck. But it's very hard to find the ones that don't.

Last edited:
Nothing at all, dang.

Maybe you were too young to absorb the information?

But I can't live isolated from the world, like I had to for the past two or so years because there's only so much you can imagine or create without inspiration and without new stimuli, there's little inspiration.

I think I understand this.

Inspiration is a nice way to put it. I'll reframe it as that.

However I am afraid that one day an impulse will supercede a restraint.
It's something I've always been afraid of. And it took me some time and some bad experiences and some rewiring myself to feel that I've finally learned to trust myself to not let that happen.

Nothing at all, dang.

Maybe you were too young to absorb the information?
What information, all that nonsense and bs, was just a way for my teacher to have a break from me. That 20 something female psychologist was clueless and I was not mentally ill, unlike 2 of the other kids stuck in there every Friday with me for an hour. I only learned that psychology is a scam.