Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

An appetising solution

L3inad

Bluelighter
So I'm 6' 3 and weigh little over 65kg. Ive always had issues trying to put on weight, in that its just not possible xD

My appetite is pretty much nil, and I can go for days without feeling hungry at all, often even repulsed by the thought of eating. This is bad, I love food, but rarely feel like dining and its getting to the stage where friends and family are fretting over my appearance.

The only thing that helps is smoking copious amounts of the ganja, it gets me eating sure, but with the weird cravings I get while stoned and the resulting crap that gets consumed, I'd be better off NOT eating. (Damn you 24 hour Macca's!)

So the big question is::
Ive been contemplating going to my GP about this for a while now, and finally decided that its about time. What, if anything, would I be likely to be prescribed and would there be any conflicts with recreational chems? Having never been on any daily medications before I'm proceeding with caution.

P.S. Anyone had any success with any natural/self medicated solutions to this problem?

**on second thoughts, Aus DD probably isnt the place for this? Feel free to move as appropriate.

Last edited:
Could be a medical problem

If you smoke weed every day...

You have an addiction and when you have an addiction it's hard to eat or even want to eat.

When i smoke weed or even drink daily over a period of time my eating habbits change considerably.

My main reason for quitting

You may find you feel sick if you eat before you get high etc.

It's not fun

Best thing to do is see your GP and go from there buddy

Be honest about everything

I have a fairly open minded GP, he knows about my habits but hasnt had any issues with them in the past.

Im an on and off smoker, sometimes go weeks without any green, sometimes smoke all day for a week straight. All my recreational habits are to in frequent to have any great effect in my opinion.

you could try something like controlled labs black hole

maybe head over to the gym/roid section and ask there too

but seeing your gp/dietician is the best bet

oh and I was in the same boat as you, 6'2" and only around 70kg for many years (raving for 10 years didn't help lol) then when I got to my late 20s early 30s just piled on the weight, sitting just under 100kg now

Good luck gaining weight

I suppose it never occurred to me that being male/having a fast metabolism could have such a downside!

You may have an overactive thyroid or some other problem causing you to burn energy too quickly - best to see what the doc says!

Was in the same boat, eventually you just start piling on weight with age =D

Ask your GP for remeron/avanza? (mirtazapine - mild antidepressant that may or may not work on serotonin and noradrenalin but is also an antihistamine - yes this will affect rec. drugs if you like your mdma). Guaranteed to pile on the kilos if you can handle the other side effects :)

A healthier option would be to start exercising more, in particular resitance training. It never fails to give you a monster appetite. As rm2x and lil_angel said the healthy living or gym / weightlifting forums will have a ton of useful hints and tips.

I used to be 52kgs now im about 80. First of all quit smoking. Smoke the ocassional weed but not every day, ull gain 10kg straight away. Hit the gym, forget cardio just use machines and weights 3-4 times a week. Eat small portions of food throughout the day up to 6-7 times. Buy some creatine once uve reached plateau. Exercising will increase ur appetite. Im always hungry.

I should say from the outset I don't have a problem putting on wieght. I'm 6'2, and weigh 95kg. I lift alot of weights and eat healthily.
it all depends on genetics but my advice is this:
Start lifting weights. really get into it. start out slow but aim to build mass once your comfortable weightlifting. ie. do lots of sets with high wieghts of around 6 reps each time.
Eat alot. I would say 5-6 meals a day - if you can't eat that amount of meals in real food. pay some mass gainer protein shakes. Make sure your diet is high in protein and high in carbs.
Cut out the stimulates because these cause fasting and the metabolisim of muscle which will cause you to lose weight and burn your muscle reserves.
To get a muscular body you have to make some sacrifices so be prepared for the that.
In some respects I wish I had your problem. I have no problems putting on wieght but getting stronger and adding muscle is no problem for me. Losing fat can be problematic.
My advice...... hit the gym regularly and eat alot.

How do you feel about milkshakes?

There are some 'bodybuilder' specific protein shakes (Muscle Milk comes to mind) which are fucking yummy as well as protein and overall calorie laden to boot.

all you need is more calories. buy some calorie shakes. I used to have a similar problem (not quite as bad as yours, but I was skinny as fuck). I use this, but you can probably find something cheaper if needed.

Thanks for the advice. I went to a GP on friday (not my usual doctor), I had another more urgent but totally unrelated issue that I needed dealing with, got that out of the way and then I troubled him over my weight issues. All he did was look my up and down, decided that I had enough weight on me so that I wasnt going to drop dead tomorrow, told me to quit smoking THEN to come see him. Thanks for stating the bleeding fucking obvious doc, was looking for a bit more guidance than that. My smoking is on its way out atm anyway, was kinda chasing a few ideas to try while im quitting, (as it is, even when I was smoking at the same level 2-3 years ago, at least I was still able to eat up until about a year ago). Right now I'm going to go on advice you guys put forward.

Up the calorie intake as much as possible, and I think that the shakes and supplements could definately do the trick, can get them down quick enough before i feel bloated ;)

As to the excersise, my only option really is running, cant afford the gym =( would simply lifting dumbells around home be effective enough? combined with a bit of running/cardio crap.

Regardless, I'm going to see my regular GP in the next week or two, no doubt he'll be more understanding towards my predicament and can hopefully sort me out with something, or give me some solid points to go on.

Thanks guys

Alcohol, downers, and GHB (not in that order ok), Cannabis reduces weight as it speeds up metabolism! And an addiction often makes a whole day of walking around getting the shit:)
Tetrocyclics or Zyprexa also help.
You may just be unlucky. Eat 2 times a day for a few months and don't eat in the mornin' and eat fatty meals and carbs just beiore bed

Alcohol, downers, and GHB (not in that order ok), Cannabis reduces weight as it speeds up metabolism! And an addiction often makes a whole day of walking around getting the shit:)
Tetrocyclics or Zyprexa also help.
You may just be unlucky. Eat 2 times a day for a few months and don't eat in the mornin' and eat fatty meals and carbs just beiore bed

was actually reffering to the nicotine version of smoking there :p

I dont blaze everyday.

would simply lifting dumbells around home be effective enough?

a little bit of weight lifting goes a long way when you are that size. You can do a shit ton of exercises with just dumbbells and a chin up bar, especially if you don't need to be using a lot of weight.

also, if you can afford more calories, you can probably afford a gym membership.

As to the excersise, my only option really is running, cant afford the gym =( would simply lifting dumbells around home be effective enough? combined with a bit of running/cardio crap.

Look up 'dynamic tension'. Charles Atlas spruiked it years ago, you should be able to find tidbits online and on youtube.

Believe it or not, the exercises, if you do them DAILY (if not twice daily) are HIGHLY effective for building up sans weights.

I'm in the same boat, however not that concerned about my weight. Swear I gain and loose 5kg every day but :/ haha.

If you use stimulants at all and especially if you smoke weed regularly, it's gonna be pretty hard.