Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

aMT/α-Methyltryptamine [66mg] - Experienced - Summary Bicycle Day 2019

Jmths

Bluelighter
I wrote a quick summary for a spefic person since there seem to be some die hard aMT fans. Figured I might aswel copy paste it to Bluelight for those interessted in the compound. From what I red the aMT available these days has a strong chemical stench and taste and is suspected to be of somewhat lesser quality. I might write down a propper report in English on the substance in the future but since it can be time consuming I won't be making any promises. Feel free to ask questions, I pretty much always tend to reply sooner or later. Have a nice day all.

I consumed 66mg (oraly) aMT last friday on Bicycle Day (19-04-2019).
8:00 - +10 aMT (allergy testing)
12:00 - +66mg aMT
I tend to consume substances at the round hour mark exactly, when it comes to drugs I tend to be a tad autistic sometimes.
Tolerance: No other psychoactive substances consumed in the month prior except for 7 beers (5% ) the previous weekend.

Stil in the process of an extensive experience report (only in Dutch for now tough).
I bought the aMT many years ago when it had just had hit the market, they sold it nearly for free because none knew what it was, also recieved a couple free 40mg aMT pils from the no longer around busted OBF vendor along with a few orders.
The taste and smell you describe, I had none of that, brown colour powder and it really wasn't that bad to ingest, somewhat comparable to the fumerate tryptamine powder that go around allot when it comes to smell, taste and appearance, in the EU at least.
The onset of the aMT effects was very slow, it took 2 hours before it really took of and it wasn't until the 3rd hour that the effects seemed to start peaking. I expected typical tryptamine alike visuals from aMT wich I associate with swirls and streams of colour rivers among other things. Instead the visuals felt much more phenylethylamine alike to my surprise, mainly geometricly with bright neon colours. I'd look at a forrest in the distance and the trees seemed to be having a rave party bouncing up and down, increasing and decreasing in size, sparkles all around.
I'd look at the tree leaves and the leaves would form perfect aligning connection geometrical patterns that would look like geometric grain symbols. I'd look at the trees and I could see how they passed trough the four seasons of spring, summer, fall and winter in a matter of seconds in continious cycles. The trees would turn bald and grey, they'd sprout fresh new green leaves, they'd develop an enormus bush of intens coloured leaves in different shapes then turn yellow, red orange and less bombastic and shifting into their bald grey winter state again and repeat the cycle. In the meanwhile while the trees were going trough the seasons the tree leaves made very intens colour transitions that seemed to fit the theme of the visual season. aMT also produced ime cliché Maya alike geometrical pattern visuals wich I associate with phenyethylamine psychedelica in contrast to tryptamine visuals.
Atlmost 12 hours after 66mg aMT intake OeV were stil slightly notable. Psychedelic effects and uplifted mood were clearly stil notable stil up til the 24 hour mark. I achieved a couple hours of very intens vivid dreaming but no real sleep that night while laying in bed around 3:00 wich is an unsualy late time for me, me being a 82Kg male that is relatively quite well capable of falling asleep after psychedelics such as LSD and DOC. The lack of sleep didn't affect me much due to the ongoing 66mg aMT effects the next day. The second night I slept very deep, comfortable and for a significant duration (14 hours sleep total or so).
The triple monamine (dopamine, noradrenalin and serotonin) effects wern't nearly comparable to those of MDMA or 4-FA even, but they were certainly there to a certain extend and seemed to linger for a a very long time. I felt aMT produced/forced more emphaty, positive thought processes (and surpressed negative thought processes, seemed more activating, produced more a bit more clarity and was more libido enhancing then the average psychedelic.
Altough the added aMT monamine aspects wern't what I'd describe as overwhelming, they were certainly present. On the 3rd day I experienced a slight serotonin dip that caused slight feelings of depression that largely seemed to have disappeared during the 4th day after 66mg aMT consumption. aMT is certainly a very unique psychedelic with its own unique psychedelic effects but aMT felt more comparable in effects to DOC then LSD to give somewhat of an impression what it does. Surprising ofcourse since it's a tryptamine.
I'm very glad I had the chance to try aMT and I had a wonderful time during its effects. The dosage indications on PNW seemed pretty spot on in my experience. Relevant to add is that I believe that a higher dosage of aMT. 66mg in my case could've been unpleasent. If for example someone took 80 to 100mg aMT the psychedelic effects in combination with the triple monamine additions and the very long duration of aMT I can see aMT become a very energy draining and tiresome psychedelic quickly wich I could see result in a negative experience. Perhaps for some people 100mg+ aMT doses can be worthwhile but my advice is not to underestimate aMT. It certainly is a powerful psychedelic and monamine propperties or not, aMT will whip you on your ass if you decide to get reckless with it.
Propper dosing of aMT seemed very relevant and important to me for a pleasent experience as I've also red from other people that 40mg aMT seems to be underwhelming. My 66mg aMT trip took place at an unknown place in nature near a river on sunny day with 3 other people tripping on LSD whom I'd met twice before.

PNW used to include vape dosage guidelines for aMT consumption but have since been removed, I assume for good reasons. Vaping aMT seems like a very potent RoA when compared oral aMT consumption. I have not tried vaping aMT myself and can't recommend due to unpredicatable risks involved. Yet perhaps interessting for those with patriculair niché interessts.
Smoked AMT DosagesThreshold 2 mg
Light 4 - 5 mg
Common 6 - 10 mg
Strong 10 - 20 mg
Source: PNW april 2012

Very interessting and unique compound, can recommend if applied with caution and policy.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_amt
substancecode_empathogens
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there! I'll move this to Trip Reports. Just wanted to say that the aMT available today (well I know of none anymore but until recently there was some) is generally the succinate salt and actually smells WAYYYYY less than the old-school freebase. Also it's 60% as potent, but it's not because it's poor quality, it's because succinate salts are only 60% as potent as freebases.

I really love AMT. For me it's closest to MDMA of any drugs but with a psychedelic tinge and a much more stable and intellectual aspect. Definitely way more empathogen than psychedelic. DOC is somewhat empathogenic but is way more psychedelic than empathogen (and way more psychedelic than AMT). But I can see the comparison for sure. I'm about to run out after next weekend when I'm using it at my favorite festival. Don't think anyone else is making it right now. I hope I'm wrong!

As for libido-enhancing, I agree. Also unlike other empathogenic things and triple releasers, it produces no performance problems at all but does delay ejaculation to a reasonable degree which makes AMT sex very fun.

Some people get visuals from AMT, I personally never have other than halos around lights and an amplification of color somewhat like mescaline, and a sense that everything I see is beautiful. You got some intense visuals it sounds like.

Thanks for sharing! Ive been sitting on 2 samples of amt that are years old. The most recently obtained is similar as you described, a brown fine powder (looks kind of like dirt) the other is tan, clumpy and smells strongly fishy. One of these days i will give it a go Thanks again

Hmm usually it's the pyrovalerones that are tan and smell fishy (the fishy smell in particular). AMT to me always smells like indole... ie, like DMT, except way funkier and with more a chemical fertilizer smell, in the freebase and HCL forms anyway. Which sample did you use for this report?

My succinate salt sample is lightly tan, but it smells... I wouldn't say fishy but I guess I could see how you might interpret it that way. The succinate salt AMT smells BY FAR the best of all the forms of AMT I've used. Though still not good, and pretty strongly.

Bringing back memories of my AMT years...I love its psyechedelic side. Your description of the trees reminds me of one of my favorite AMT experiences getting lost at the patterns of rocks/moss on the beach

Thats funny you mention fertilizer-I always wondered why Id get flashbacks to AMTs smell in the garden department at stores

Hmm usually it's the pyrovalerones that are tan and smell fishy (the fishy smell in particular). AMT to me always smells like indole... ie, like DMT, except way funkier and with more a chemical fertilizer smell, in the freebase and HCL forms anyway. Which sample did you use for this report?

My succinate salt sample is lightly tan, but it smells... I wouldn't say fishy but I guess I could see how you might interpret it that way. The succinate salt AMT smells BY FAR the best of all the forms of AMT I've used. Though still not good, and pretty strongly.

I'm taking AMT, my last full dose, Friday at my favorite music festival. :)

Beautiful- Ive never taken it as at a festival but I love its effects on music. I remember it having a very nice after glow for days afterwards. Like DOC I think its length allows an integration of the psychedelic mindset into the "sober world" that carries on after the trip.

I'm taking AMT, my last full dose, Friday at my favorite music festival. :)

Great report - thanks! I passed it up back in 2001 in favor of the more potent 5-MeO-αMT (silly me) and missed the boat. I really liked αET, so likely would have appreciated it, too. Sounds like a gem - glad you enjoyed it!

AMT is a total gem. 5-MeO-AMT is way more psychedelic and edgy and intense, whereas AMT is loving and empathogenic and serene. I tried AMT anbd AET and I prefer AMT by a long margin but AET is lighter. I find more euphoria and joy and communicativeness with AMT. AET just feels like a weaker, shorter AMT, kind of.

One thing I would like to add is that doses under 40mgs tend to have more side effects and a much more intense body load for myself and others I have given it to. Higher doses (under 100mgs but above 40-50mgs) seemed more enjoyable and recreational to me. I hope to be able to try this one again in the future. Awesome trip report by the way.

I agree that that. I find 50-60mg to be ideal (of freebase - more with the succinate that was available most recently - the succinate is about 60% of the potency of freebase so I would go with 80mg or so with the succinate).

Hey there!
Hey! Thanks for the reply and clarifications. I hadn't been online for a while it seems. I definitly got some visuals from the aMT indeed.
Which sample did you use for this report?
Tan colour (les intens then brown anyways). Pretty much no smell, nothing noteworthy at least.
Hmm usually it's the pyrovalerones
I stil have around 7 grams MDPV laying in my parents backyard that fits your description. :3
Awesome trip report by the way.
Thanks, this was actualy a quick summary of a report (in Dutch) I was working on: http://drugsforum.info/tripreports-...a-methyltryptamine-mt-bicycle-day-t15062.html