• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids amphetamines helped me quit opiates twice

motiv311

Bluelighter
I recently was prescribed Norco, and as an ex-heroin user... and ex-suboxone user - - i started gaining tolerance and felt very near to slipping from my sobreity of about a year and a half.

When quit suboxone over a year ago, I took adderall. Daily. It seemed to speed up the withdrawal process while still helping in other sorts of ways. Amphetamines seem to have a pain killing effect of their own; albeit different.

Within about four days I was off a two-year suboxone "maintenence"

I admit that amphetamines do make certain withdrawal parts even worse; but i think the benefit outweighs the risks.

recently I used Clonazepam and my adderall method. and two days later... Im pretty much withdrawal free.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me. ... Saying that swapping one addictin for another is no good. Or that adderall would only make you worse in your W/Ds ....

but its helped me

I *sortof* agree with you, but...

Everyones different, & replacing opiate dependence with amphetamines isn't the right solution for most opiate addicts in the long term.

I'd just like to add something here from my personal experience. Mephedrone has completely cured me of cocaine addiction for some reason, don't know exactly why.

Of course though, mephedrone is a nightmare in itself, it has a short period of beneficial MDMA-like experiences, but very quickly creates its own hell. I now do neither.

Adderall: My anti drug!
It helps me in so many ways that I don't care about the bad or side effects. I am not addicted to anything (I think.)
I quit (okay vacationed) Adderall for a few days and was just really really tired and sleepy. I can have all sorts of drugs around me, but I won't ever binge because I have my maintainence Adderall. :)

It seems like people are doing independent as well as funded research on the effects of other recreational drugs on addiction. Its great to see that some of us are able to overcome addiction via more drugs, although it will vary for everyone of course.

How much adderrall did you take approx. daily and from what suboxone dose? 4 days, I would have been done weeks ago, something about that seems too good to be true...I would try this but the idea of being forced to stay up restless with WDs would be the last thing I would want.

I'll agree that it's easier to ignore Opioid w/d symptoms while under the influence of Amphetamine(s). However, many of us are polydrug users and will not take a stimulant without an Opioid, or at the very least a Benzodiazepine. For us, an attempt at using a method like this would most likely end up increasing our desire to use Opiates, instead of the other way around. At least for me I know it would.

I don't think I would even want to take Amps if I didn't have an Opioid and a Benzo to go with it. Beer too. And ganja.

the clonazepam wasn't till years later (my second or third relapse?)

See for me I think uppers/hallucinogens were the foundation, and opiates were discovered as a cheap and pleasurable comedown.

What I a stressing here is that it "pushed" my body through most of the hard withdrawals MUCH quicker.

lol, this is kinda funny bro & this is bad advice tweek will not help anyone overcome an addiction, it probably masked your withdrawals because you were wiggin the fck out.

This is sooooo kind of true lol. I thought amphetamines were great for wd. They can make certain things worse but you end up not crying and getting your ass up off ur bed

I agree, I've used speed to help come off heroin & methadone in the past, but once I had swapped one addiction for another, I then used heroin to get off the speed again :-( I also found MDMA to be better than speed for getting off heroin and It helped me to stay off for longer - but you always end up back on the smack again......

interesting thread... I don't see some of the other posters feel the need to discredit your experience. I hope you have a amazing recovery, by whatever means works for you.

No they did not and that is so ridicolous the clue is in the title they helped me quit opiates TWICE the defenition of "quitting"(like i did from me 25+ year habit now 5 years clean) is complete abstinance from a stubstance forever no pain releif no nothing not even caffiene or sugar if you think it might tempt you and certainly not alcohol

That is one definition of quitting, yes, but there are plenty of other ways people conceived of sobriety that are no less valid.

The abstinence question is from what: From all mind altering substance? From particular classes of drugs? From harmful behavior patterns? From misusing medication? From unethical behavior?

Abstinence is only useful in that focusing on it enriches our lives. And there are a hell of a lot of ways out there to enrich our lives. But it is only one tool among many.

i know of a few people who used methamphetamine to help with their heroin detox
that'd send me spare tho as the worst part of wd's for me is the insomnia, co-morbid anxiety and akathisia which comes along at regular intervals.

but yeah, each their own