• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants amphetamines and the heart (wtf is going on here?)

Hey man - I know about about myocardial physiology and a LOT of good stuff has been presented to you by others here. But I just wanted to say that, acutely, the echocardiogram will detect problems. But, as some others have said, it's not an indicator of actual myocardial tissue damage. The 24 hour monitor, though, should provide a plain and thorough readout of the rhythm of spikes in pressure and intraalveolar pressure throughout the day. While you're wearing it, unless otherwise directed, try to stimulate your heart (even briefly) so that the resulting painful spike will register on the monitor. Sometimes, it will be more useful for a doctor who is interpreting the readout to see actual evidence of what seems to be going wrong.

With pre-existing high BP, though, you really need to be careful. And (this is a long thread) but if no one has mentioned it before, taking depressants to counter the effects of arrhythmias (like alcohol and oxycodone) can prove further damaging. Think of a speedball, and the counterbalanced effect it has on the user's heart. And until you get this figured out, FFS, stay off the speed. Is dextroamphetamine worth dying for?

Be well; be safe.

~ vaya

Yeah like I said, I've stopped entirely since the last incident a month ago, I haven't even been taking caffeine, other than those few slip ups I've avoided meth/d-amp since april, and I've stopped drinking alcohol in situations where bad decisions could be made. Even if the tests all come back clean I have no intention of touching speed anytime soon, whatever it is, I'm getting obvious signals that the stimulants aren't agreeing with me. I just want to know what's going on so I can get these symptoms under control, start getting myself back in shape and hopefully manage any serious long term problems I might have caused.

My doctor said the same thing about the monitor, that I should try and exert myself as much as I can safely, or do other things that trigger symptoms (as I said, sudden changes from sitting/standing will, as does lying on my back for long periods of time).

Last edited:
Trust me I know about the fast heart beat, I had it going like crazy 2 nights ago on 85mg IR and it litterally felt like it was going to fly out of my damn body, smoking weed didnt help at all. I took 3 somas, which did help, but I find benzos such as xanax to really help with the heart the most, as it helps it slow down and help you relax.

It should go away in a good 3 days of not taking any amps, so just stop using for a little while and ull be fine.

Same thing here. SWIM Took 20 Dexamphetamine in one go begin, 3 weeks ago. Now I am taking anywhere from 3-30 per day (average of 10). Heart and under-left-armpit TWITCHES. Can eat and eat ok but glycogenolysis factor unsure (having to eat every few hours and it helps a LOT.) Aspirin also used. mainly little twitches and UNDER LEFT-ARM-PIT not pain but weird spasmodic type event. Any suggestions? VERY hard to just STOP. Thanks. What is serotonergic threshold ie - at what point does d-amp cause 5ht release equal to other PEAs etc? You know what I mean... Cant think clearly enough to write this super properly. Thanks.

very hard to just stop taking Adderall? really?

i eventually had two Grand Mal seizures while on the stuff. Lemme tell ya, stopping was a piece of cake after that.

I have been prescribed Dexedrine and have been taking it for a few months now. I experienced an episode like you described after taking medication along with coffee after exercising on a treadmill. Just out of the blue. I had several episodes weeks after the first one. Each was a little less severe than the previous one, but I felt like I was going to pass out. Almost did the first time, pulse was above 130; bp was 180/100. Normal pulse for me is around 60, bp 117/70; Each episode blood pressure would spike to around 160/90 or so.

Pulse would be over 100 to 120s. Usually a few hours or the next day after a workout. Each episode I felt like lightening adrenaline surging through me followed by a flash of heat and tension from the blood pressure spike. I stopped working out for a few weeks and my pulse has decreased from a resting 90-80s to 60s and 70s. All of my tests have come back good. No apparent damage other than some pvcs (nothing to worry about I am told). Ultrasound good, cholesterol perfect, ecg good, no troponin enzyme. I am waiting on heart monitor read out. I do experience the occasional surge, but they are becoming less frequent and are now barely noticeable.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you

I'm having serious heart palpitations.. I've never had them before and I'm a little worried. I've consumed a little more than half a gram. My HR sitting down is 25.