• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamines and mood swings

PlurPsyed

Bluelighter
I've been steadily using this substance for about a year and a half now. Not on a daily basis but pretty regularly. Last weekend I had a bit of a nervous breakdown after taking it every day for a week straight (about 60-100 mg a day) wound up getting really paranoid, having thoughts about hurting myself and overall anxiety and negativity. I stopped taking it for a week and the first few days of the week I started getting anxiety attacks in random places and was waking up to extremely negative thoughts (don't want to go into detail but you get the picture). Could amps cause this or do you guys think something else is to blame?

Yep, definitely those amps, pretty much typical no-fun side effects of speed.

It does sound rather like your anxiety, nervousness, paranoia, and other symptoms described could have easily been the result of amphetamine use. I highly doubt the amphetamines did not contribute in some way or another, for I am sure they did. Whether or not they were the sole cause, I do not know, but could have been the primary cause easily.

Yeah, this is very common for amp users. If you plan to keep using them, plan for these periods of side effects, as they are pretty hard to completely avoid, if not impossible. If you can, try to use them only occasionally for when you want the extra focus/etc, and not daily. If you get into the daily habit, it will most likely escalate in terms of how much you need, and then when you try to take a break from it, the emotional overhead is larger, and takes some time to slow down persay. Good luck!

I've been steadily using this substance for about a year and a half now. Not on a daily basis but pretty regularly. Last weekend I had a bit of a nervous breakdown after taking it every day for a week straight (about 60-100 mg a day) wound up getting really paranoid, having thoughts about hurting myself and overall anxiety and negativity. I stopped taking it for a week and the first few days of the week I started getting anxiety attacks in random places and was waking up to extremely negative thoughts (don't want to go into detail but you get the picture). Could amps cause this or do you guys think something else is to blame?

Dem amps. It's even worse on meth, you get those side effects pretty much every time you use it. I would recommend you reduce your use of amphetamines, and take a break from using them (maybe a week or two) before you use them again.

Interesting post. Reason, i was going to make a post with the opposite effect. I take meth on weekends, seroquel for come down and I am also on SSRI for anxiety issues and ptsd. What I have noticed is an obvious and downright odd mood lift the rest of the week, feels like its mild Seritonin based. My anxiety is almost non existent, no ptsd shit. Its probably something else but its fucking cool at least that so far meth is not messing with my anxiety at all like other stims did. I also get no stim anxiety on meth either, its epic and unexpected, but i know my bigger doses have less side effects.

Not to hickack, just thought it interesting contrast, what im thinking though, i usually stay of my paxil for the 3 days on meth, and then restart it beginning of the week and its when the effects happen, being off and then restarting 50mg giving a buzz, didnt think this was possible?

And since im tweaking right now, i goto same something stupid, but i was thinking that if anxiety related issues trouble you when sober then why not take meth everyday? And thats why you should always double check your flawless meth logic, it might not always be in your best interests but you cant fault the logic, its meths weakness, use it against him, its your only defense.

Drug talk, good weed lot's of inventive ideas, to tell you the truth fuck knows why I said that.

My meth master has sensed weakness, an opening, an opportunity to add drug talk of my own.
May this me a lesson to all on opening doors they dont want open! that sounded lame fuck.
Perhaps a lesson the the insanity or genius of the drug in question or whatever, i dont really have a choice im the matter so the best must speak and lets get it over with.

Rant you may find interesting and i hope to some tiny degree actually relevant, its how i work sober so its not meth nonsense, but the inability to not say it all is literaly impossible on meth, to the point where i cannot do anything work or writing related in meth, a blessing i guess, last time i emailed my whole life story to my new employer, bleh. Anyways, im not trying to sound better or more clever or whatever, its just an active interest of mine and on meth whats on your mind gets spewed fourth without your choice. Its probably all bull anyway lol, the only thing i can do when i took to much and need a pressure release on my sanity, is to write shit until it gets better.
Skip to end for the actual point.

You see thats the thing, i have a love of logical thinking and especially applying it to the status Qo, questioning everything and understanding why they recommend drinking water and not orange juice when you are dehydrated. Argued with my mom today that orange juice is pretty much fine instead of water for my situation, because i have thought about the logic behind it and can thus apply information better. I guess they say water and not orange juice because what if you dont have orange juice.

God and then the typical, then why do they say drink water? God I hate ignorance in this form and try and teach family to think different, like don't come to me and say shit about something unless you have researched and understand it. I try to educate my mom about drugs so she understands me better mostly, but thank fuck ignance is far easier then the alternative cause then she would know Kratom hasn't been causing my dilated pupils this past weekends and months, peww and why i guess ignance is ok for me cause it gives me a massive advantage over everybody else.

Jeez and after that far to long background, that is why i like meth and its crazy logic and some oif the shit you come up with because very often there is something that sparks further though, or is interesting or crazy but with lessons in the madeness.
Which is another thing, always learn from every situation and person, mo matter your flawed preconceptiuos of the value or your superiority of them or the situation. In my world i love people who think they know better then me, never underestimate anybody, people forget this golden rule of life, your superiority is my power to understand you and your motivations and weaknesses and play you like a harp, and you will never know. Its not a glamerous skill but effective

So for example if i where of one religeous faith and considered another a disservice (an example, i dont judge anybody or anything, thats the point, not to be high and mighty, but because its fucking useful. Ignorance is the root of ever fuckup in this world and you life (perhaps somebodies done it to you). Wars if we truely understood our potential enemies (and thus empathised with them autmatically, yes it will happen without fail). They Wouldnt happen mostly.
Anyway my example, you arew one faith and want to convert those of another faith. The normal method, Always the same dumb shit, trying to explain your better way.
To me its obvious I would need to understand their current faith in detail, how else you gonna convice them mine is better then something you dont fucking know about. Get their motivations out of this and you can sell anything to anybody, woe to some new cult using this shit on the mases lol. I did a paper but decided not to share this stuff with any of them, even though i have a faith.
You heard it right here, the answer to the wolds problems, maybe, but its from a meth head so we dont really listen and eventually forget? Imagine if you logically analzied every experience in your life, instead of emotionally and sucked learnings and value out of it all. Ignance which is a normal human thing, nobodies fault, basically results in us going through life learning and understanding as little as possible, its fucking sad, and you cant fix everybody, so i say use it, I get so ahead its a crime but i make sure to be ethical and never harm others, and always be the shy awkward pc nerd druggie and so forth, being looked down upon is a fucking requirement and i plan it that way, where necessary.

And drug use and its ignorance in society sparked such thoughs, while i fucked me brain on pills and suffer anxierty for 7 years its all been a positive experience and worth it, as every good or bad experience should be, if you are learning, and not the obvious stuff. I went as far as using my decreased emotions from damage and medication as the reason why i was able to start seeing past bias, basically i became disinterested seemlingly a time consuming and full of effort emotional stuff, i struggle to show them even to family, and started to do it because i knew it was logically the response, and then started seeing illogic in most other emotional reasoning, i challege you to create a live changing concept for bettering your life moving forward from something shit like this. So im not some wize asshole, i work in business optimization and its how i think, life throws you shit, optimize it. And yes, like every other guy, the general concept of questioning everything and understanding it came from Rich Dad Poor Dad, mostly the example of questioning the career concept and why i been working in my own business since i was 22, took 6 years to retire, not bad, and my success is due to ignoring the fucking barrage of ignorance as insults and shit, even from your own family to prove a point mostly, i guess having an ideal is the point, knowing you have a better way (or is that ignorance? Never said it was easy.

THE POINT of the post, i am sorry, i cant help spewing everything, i try not to post usually but sometimes meth dont care.

Anyways meths strange but often flawless logic has interesting insights. Taking meth everyday as suggested would be instantly see with disgust here, it feels wrong (emotions are your fucking enemies in life, disregard them for any important decision) but many do use it in pharm form and it would be helpful with anxiety (i get non with meth) and a ton of other shit in the right doses and probably for longer and with less negative side effects then we may think, it is in my mind a logical viable option in my opinion where your issues where life long and bar any long term use considerations.

Its a tool like anything. I sometimes use alcahol as a tool in low doses for certain situations bucause i know it in detials, risks and benefits and it frustrates the shit out of me when i get shit for using evil alcahol and the risks and the usual society shit that they heard somewhere else. Try explain the concept, its like being educated on drugs makes you more fucked up and suggesting they look into it is like suggesting they actually take drugs. The information will taint them.

Or like suggesing to a pastor that researching your enemy, apparently the devil, is logically a good way to fight him? Not a fuck, reading satanic works or even other faiths books is liek they are gonna get brainwashed or possessed. If the devil does exist i recon he come here for 1 day, installed our ignorance, fear of the unknown and related emotional reasoning process and retired on a beach somewhere, job done like a fucking boss. Somebody taught this many about business automation and working not for money, but to free up your time. You have far less of that then potential for money.

I lol at heavy professional careers, like a lawyer, such a massive lie, steals all your time, steals your life, most of it except weekends, for monet you really dont have time to spend or the lack of stress to enjoy. Me, i skipped all that slavery shit called a career, built an automated business that makes money while i do wtf i want, doesnt really matter, as long as its not being stolen from me with this other fucking society concept evil that everybody accepts as nessary for their life, a career. The biggest slavery scam ever but whatever, fucking need to stop this shit god damn.

Ok, literally the entire night just disappeared,fucking meth and time, meth makes time its bitch. I am done, thats the shit that i think about, wierd, probably bordom from not having to work but it sure hasnt helped in the getting laid department. Logic dont make my any more pretty, but is that how i have planned it all along. You will never know.\\\\

And having to write all this shit and loose a whole night of more entertaining activities was more painfull for me then for you to read, so get over it and be sure to learn nothing, its all meth madness anyways, or is it? haha. But if your where listening you would know that it doesnt matter if its meth madness or me randomly bashing the keyboard with my tool while i masturbate (ive gone through keyboards), since you will review it regardless of source and logically determine if it has logical merit and might be of use in some way and thus stored for later contemplation.

Now go forth and spread these teachings my children, only you can save the world.
Literally cannot fucking stop god damn...

Stop! Ok. It is done, I have regained control, let the mindless self satisfaction begin. If i wanted insights i would have read a book not taken meth, give me my drug addled haze and hedonistic disregard for anything else. Give me peace.
Stop, again, ok, this time its done, have pity for me brothers, mods feel free to move this somewhere more visable and in line with its profound value a... fuck no, fucking F4, power down, whatever it takes...

^what the fuck. i cant even begin to read that. what snippets i have read were worrisome, it sounds like you need a break from meth dude

I've seen someone go through psychosis after prolonged use that made them attempt suicide. Be careful. You think it won't happen to you but you can't control it.