• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine Pressed Pills - What Do You Understand By That? Still Racemic?

muie

Bluelighter
"Amphetamine exists as two enantiomers: levoamphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Amphetamine properly refers to a specific chemical, the racemic fee base, which is equal parts of the two enantiomers, levoamphetamine and dextroamphetamine, in their pure amine forms. The term is frequently used informally to refer to any combination of the enantiomers, or to either of them alone." - Wikipedia

I have come across some Adderall 30mgs that I happen to know for a fact that are pressed on account of I've taken 60mg without much of a tolerance only to get not even 10mg - 20mg dextroamphetamine type of euphoria or amount of concentration. Dextroamphetamine is a lot more mental whereas this is a lot more on the body and very little in the way of cerebral effects.

If someone one told you they had pressed Addreall pills with amphetamine, what would you understand by that? Could it contain a mixture of both isomers or just the levoamphetamine as I expect from the results!?

Adderall as you know is 'speedier' compared to the pure form variety of it's more potent isomer, the dextroamphetamine version which is less physical and more mental stimulation.

I would expect it to be racemic. Asymmetric amphetamine synthesis is more complex and expensive than racemic synth...so I'd be unlikely.

Unlike with meth...which there is an abundant source of enantiopure starting material (pseudoephedrine) produced in tons in India...which supplies the world's cartels with a precursor which results in an enentio pure meth with only D meth....there is no such widely available enantiopure starting material for amphetamine.

Amp is produced by reductive amination of phenyl propan-2-one with ammonia. You're starting with achiral material (and no chiral catalysts employed) therefore you get racemic product.

Doing a chiral resolution to get d amp out of racemate is also super unlikely complex for a clandestine operation and just a waste for them if they even had the means

Last edited:
Amp is produced by reductive amination of phenyl propan-2-one with ammonia. You're starting with achiral material (and no chiral catalysts employed) therefore you get racemic product.
And extremely low yields with ammonia method. One paper I read estimated average yields with ammonia to be only 30 %. I reckon if you had P2P you be better off making meth than amp.

Illicit d-amp does come around here every once in a while but it's a rarity

Illicit d-amp does come around here every once in a while but it's a rarity
I would imagine it's diverted from a professional pharma company in asia Before compounding and not being produced illicitly.

If they're pressed they could be any number of things. Lots of speeders out there.

Amphetamine in Europe is mainly racemic mix as it’s genwrally made from dl p2np or from a p2p pre precursor like APAAN.

The poster who said that p2p and ammonia gives low yields of amphetamine is correct. It would be better or rather make more sense to make meth with p2p and cut and sell it as base speed or whatever amphetamine substance is common in the region.

If you are buying amp pills pressed illicitly 99/100 times they are racemic.

If someone told me they had pressed adderall pills with amphetamine I'd expect them to contain caffeine.
Otherwise it depends on your location or the location of the vendor (if bought online).
If you're in North America, Asia or Oceania (and possibly Africa as well) you can expect caffeine and/or small amounts of methamphetamine.
If you're in Europe you can expect caffeine and/or a small amount of racemic amphetamine.
If you're in South America they could have anything (probably caffeine), but research chemicals and amphetamine are more common than meth.

In any case I wouldn't expect a high quality product.

I would expect it to be racemic. Asymmetric amphetamine synthesis is more complex and expensive than racemic synth...so I'd be unlikely.

Unlike with meth...which there is an abundant source of enantiopure starting material (pseudoephedrine) produced in tons in India...which supplies the world's cartels with a precursor which results in an enentio pure meth with only D meth....there is no such widely available enantiopure starting material for amphetamine.

Doing a chiral resolution to get d amp out of racemate is also super unlikely complex for a clandestine operation and just a waste for them if they even had the means
Thanks for this.
Quality info and I definitely learned something. India kicks ass.

And extremely low yields with ammonia method. One paper I read estimated average yields with ammonia to be only 30 %. I reckon if you had P2P you be better off making meth than am.Firstly, p2p takes 24 hours to make meth, and yes ammonia/amalgum route is limited in yeilds, but I find it far superior, thats why doctors dont prescribe meth in large ammounts, only to get cancer patients on their feet, their brains already gone, sohence nuro-toxic meth. As for crystal meth, it only has color, because it hasnot been re-distilled or dried over chl gas and so it not pure, but full of side products and lets face it tell tale ingredient for the authorities.

Yeah, pills are no warranty whatsoever for anything, I consider (illicitly) pressed pills to be more dangerous than powder because as long as it's not fentanyl (which causes hotspots in powder and is in many pills too) one will exercise more caution when using powderish stuff and hopefully titrate new charges while pills are swallowed as whole or maybe cut in half.

Before they came up with this lisdexamphetamine shit for ADHD we had pure dextroamphetamine capsules in Switzerland, just open and snort. I'll always remember how tripped out I was after taking the first 5mg's and this when my usual medicine already was methylphenidate. Low dose amph is what shines imo. Weird point is that sometimes mixtures of L- and D- and the respective pure isomers can have different affinities which don't follow any clear rules, MPH is one of those. One would suspect that D-MPH must be the good stuff but actually quite some including me find it to be more speedy than racemic MPH.

Also don't buy over the net unless you know the vendor, sometimes these smurks don't care and ship from another country as specified (if at all) - they just select where's cheap and good for them to live, one customer more or less in jail (or worse) doesn't hurt them. Of course you can always not have ordered this bad toxic waste you just got in the mail but we have enough stories of controlled delivery or police putting pressure and make one to admit ordering when it'd be better be not to do so.

Amphetamine in Europe is mainly racemic mix as it’s genwrally made from dl p2np or from a p2p pre precursor like APAAN.

The poster who said that p2p and ammonia gives low yields of amphetamine is correct. It would be better or rather make more sense to make meth with p2p and cut and sell it as base speed or whatever amphetamine substance is common in the region.

If you are buying amp pills pressed illicitly 99/100 times they are racemic.
you would be lucky to get quality speed in present times i have never come across any real dl /dextro/levo amphetamine in over 5 years it has been complete crap . either it is pure levo or rubbish that belongs in the toilet after one taste . if you are getting quality generic adderall copys you are verry lucky my freind as i have spent over 3 thousand euros on fake speed from the dark net over 4 years peroid . the gangs that call themself cooks are idiots . the street speed is the same . i ended up on the dark net 4 years ago after 3 dealers gave me socaled amphetamine . that was so bad i thaugh they were delibrately trying to poision me lol

the gangs that call themself cooks are idiots . the street speed is the same . i ended up on the dark net 4 years ago after 3 dealers gave me socaled amphetamine
Fully agreed. Same about most of the RC guys; how long it takes until they come up with the next candidate out of past pharm patent library. These people are amateurists just after quick cash. There is exactly one guy in Germany and some in the Netherlands which I consider to be serious and I know that the German guy is an addict - he openly revealed binges to me via e-mail even. If police would read this, he might have a hard time continuing to argue that he sells not for human consumption. It's strange that he survived so long anyways, was already selling mephedrone back in 2009 or so. Also told me that he was in jail some time when some other asshole bought sth like 5-MAPB off him and pressed pills, then snitched him to the state upon a raid. Strange person but I believe that he indeed tests his shit instead of just passing copies of a good looking GC/MS. Customers worldwide. I fantasized about opening a shop as well but I don't wanna see more jail from the inside than I already did (just some days when they couldn't send me a penalty because they didn't do their homework of researching my current address but I thought I'd kill myself if I could and need to stay longer isolated alone. I like spending time for myself but with distraction ...)

I once got a really shady delivery of what I ordered as methoxetamine off the deep web back then when it was freshly banned, think 2015 it was. The stuff had such weird appearance and consistency that I seriously considered it to be anthrax or something alike to deliberately poison these nasty wrecks who order drugs. Maybe a psycho or a desperate mom, God knows, and it wasn't just some inactive powder like flour as I had the maybe most weird reaction to drugs ever, it felt seizurogenic, very dysphoric, heavily increased muscle tone and fatigue just from a tiny teeny bit I absorbed. One of the packages fell down when I tried to rip it open, didn't expect so light flour like powder (was packed into aluminium foil) and some will have been absorbed through my skin.

Unfortunately didn't have it analyzed because of the breakdown of my relationship this incident led to, it just ended in a bin and hopefully didn't intoxicate anybody else but this guy who sent this I'd like to see jailed.

Last edited:
you would be lucky to get quality speed in present times i have never come across any real dl /dextro/levo amphetamine in over 5 years it has been complete crap . either it is pure levo or rubbish that belongs in the toilet after one taste . if you are getting quality generic adderall copys you are verry lucky my freind as i have spent over 3 thousand euros on fake speed from the dark net over 4 years peroid . the gangs that call themself cooks are idiots . the street speed is the same . i ended up on the dark net 4 years ago after 3 dealers gave me socaled amphetamine . that was so bad i thaugh they were delibrately trying to poision me lol

Sometimes it's just luck of the draw, or where you're based in the world. I've managed to bag some pretty decent Amphetamine online in my own country over the past several months (or perhaps I just have lower expectations). I never go with vendors based in other countries as things tend to "go missing" in transit. I always test a new batch with the reagents and although it doesn't give a definitive answer on purity, you can generally tell by the speed of the reaction and the saturation of the colour whether it's going to be half way decent or not. I've had some complete crap as well right enough. But the busier these market places are becoming with more dealers switching to the online route, the more they're having to up their game to better their competition.

As others have said, if it’s illicit amphetamine it’s 95% of the time going to be racemic.

That said, many fake presses contain meth and caffeine. Could be low dose of meth?

-GC

I’ve got something like 2000 x 5mg scripted pharma dexamfetamine pills saved up from when I was taking meth.

When I quit meth a tried some euro speed as maybe a step down. Some pink stuff that was supposed to be from Turkey and some brown stuff from The Netherlands.

Both were horrible and jittery and no substitute for nice smooth meth. However, the pharma dex is a perfect substitute. No addictive Euphoria or distracting pro-sexual effects or punding or stereotypy. Just an end to any cravings if you get them and some fuel to get your cognitive faculties operating properly.