• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Amphetamine and (LD)Naltrexone Combo

StrikeMe

Greenlighter
In my quest for a magic stack that would help me prevent tolerance to motivational effects of therapeutic dosages of amphetamines, i stumbled upon a discussion on wether LDN (or any other dosage scheme of naltrexone) is effective in preventing/reducing tolerance to amphetamines.

I would appreciate someone who has tried the combo to share his/her experiences.

I've been on 20mg memantine for about a month now with another month of titration and don't feel any effects from amp anymore. Hell, the motivation from this drug only lasted 3-5 days and there wore off. I am considering upping the dosage to maybe 40mg, but this will take another 2-3 weeks. I was thinking about adding LDN to the mix pre bed.

Opinions?

Last edited:
I don't think LDN would work with adderall in that aspect. Its an opioid receptor antagonist

As far as preventing tolerance to amphetamines - such a cure doesn't exist, unfortunately.

However, for reducing tolerance i use calcium carbonate (tums), seems to work somewhat for me.

If you take amps on a daily basis you might find it hard to get back to where you're wanting to go, especially with no break in the dosing. After 4-5 days of repeated use you'll reach steady-state levels in your body (you will have a continuous, round the clock level of amphetamine)

Your best bet to get the motivation feeling back is take two weeks off, then start again.

From what i understand, LDN, while blocking the release of endorphins during the night, makes your bodies receptors more sensitive to endorphins and endorphins more readily available. The idea was to use this effect to somehow get AMP induced euphoria back.

I do not use AMP on weekends, but i think this is the time for me to take a break for two weeks and up my memantine dosage to 40mg and see if that would help to reduce tolerance.

As for calcium carbonate - i always thought it only potentiates AMPs by changing the acidic status.

I don't know much about ldn, however i heard a similar effect can be achieved with dextromethorphan but i always end up deciding to dxm trip instead of testing the theory haha.

A break will always increase sensitivity to amphetamines. I get my scrips for 30 days worth and expend the amount in 2 weeks just so ill have no choice but to take two weeks off. The 'motivational euphoria' for me only lasts for about 2 days until its gone though. I recently tried lowering my dose after the break and it was surprisingly effective

haha my bad youre right it does, but to me the antacids make a 30mg pill feel like 60mg.

If you're good with reading technical things, this literature has a massive amount of information and ideas to some of the unknowns of amphetamine tolerance, psychosis, chronic use VS therapeutic use, etc.

Well, i am not that good at reading scientific literature, but i've gone through many abstracts and some fulltexts. A lot of interesting pieces were found here. The guy who has done the most work and seems to still have the hope for finding that kind of drug cocktail of permanent amphetamine magic is MeDieViL and a lot of info i got from reading his posts. He mentioned he was going to try LDN combined with stims, but i wasn't able to find anything about the results (Hey Med?).

I guess my next step will be taking a break while simultaneously increasing Memantine dosage.

Taking regular breaks from amphetamines is the best way to keep your tolerance to them low.

I think the topic of whether low-dose naltrexone could be effective in reducing or preventing the rise of amphetamine tolerance may be more suited to Other Drugs (for intermediate questions) than Basic Drug Discussion, it doesn't really seem like a basic question to me. Perhaps someone there has heard of this.

BDD -> OD

I have never seen LDN discussed as a means of preventing or reversing amphetamine tolerance; do you have any references for that? I've heard it discussed for preventing opiate tolerance (and there have been some promising studies, though strangely, I haven't heard of anyone here on BL applying it to recreational use)

2 day’s off for every amped day seems to be a common ‘rule of thumb’. The body needs adequate time to replenish those lost transmitters