• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine(adderall) vs Methamphetamine

Ion Bucket

Greenlighter
I have a great deal of experience with adderall XR, but I have always been curious how an additional methyl group alters the experience. For anyone well versed in the subject, would you mind describing some of the most prominent differences between adderall and meth in your opinion? I honestly don't have much interest in taking meth myself, but if someone completely unfamiliar with drugs were to ask me about it hypothetically, I'm curious how accurate of an impression I could paint for them having only ever experienced adderall (notably at high doses). Would I have not the slightest understanding?

Some of the basic physiological effects I'm familiar with, such as teeth clenching, dry mouth, increased heart rate, etc..., which are common between the amphetamines. I'm specifically interested in the overall feeling, the intoxication, the euphoria, and how they differ. Is one more conducive to productive work than the other? Some of the depictions I've seen of meth addicts show them as being unable to control their movements very well, often twitching or gesticulating compulsively, which is not a trait I would associate with adderall. How much truth is there to that? Also, how would you compare the come down? As much as I've taken adderall, it's a drug I have a love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with. I use it almost exclusively for practical or mundane purposes, basically to complete a shit ton of work and then pray that I can eat something and go to sleep within a reasonable time. Of all the drugs I've taken, adderall feels like it takes the heaviest toll on my body and mind. I try to take it sparingly most of the time, because the hangover is excruciating to me; I can only imagine what a meth come down must feel like.

Also, can anyone suggest supplements to ease the come down? A kpin usually does the trick for me, but I'll still feel drained the next day. I've found phenibut with some chamomile tea to be modestly effective at the tail end as well. Does fish oil do anything? I think I've read some people suggest magnesium supplements. Any experience with those?

For me, the biggest difference is clarity. The practicality of amphetamines, minus the horrific side effects that I get from Racemic or any formulation contaminated with levoamphetamine, so Adderall is out. Dexedrine is better, but for half of my life, I've got the best effects with the least side effects using Dextromethamphetamine, a far superior medication for ADHD for the patients that can't stand the side effects of Adderall etc..

Your mileage may vary. This is just my $0.02 based on a life's vast experience with finding a stimulant that didn't require crazy amounts of CNS depressants to counteract side effects. It's notably more neurotoxic than regular amphetamine though, but if you're not dosing above therapeutic doses I don't really know how worried you should be about long term effects. Abusing methamphetamine in high doses though, is worse for your neurotransmitters than amphetamine.

Well for starters Meth lasts longer, a lot longer, it can last 8-12 hrs easily, so no need to re-dose much. Its more potent as well so don't need as much. Its much more addictive though than regular amphetamine in my experience, it feels like your a super-human or something easy to make a habit of, I am always worrying about running out always making sure I have enough for work... can get old after a while. But damn it does make me feel like a god or something. Love it.

Oh yeah and Methamphetamine is confirmed to be neurotoxic, so unless you keep your dosage low you will end up damaging your brain if your careless.

Adderall is a functional stim, meth is a euphoric stim. Think of amphetamine as your base molecule, and you add the methyl ring it becomes less functional and more euphoric, add the dioxy and you get MDMA which is even less functional to the point of not even being able to redose, yet even more euphoric than methamphetamine.

The thing is meth is about twice as strong as adderall in terms of stimulation and euphoria, so the body ends up being fooled into handling far more of the stimulant drug at once because the euphoria overpowers the brains 'alerts' to something going wrong, so with 60mg of meth the user feels so good that they dont even realize how stimulated they actually are and paradoxically they feel relaxed.

It's really more like a speedy and redosable version of MDMA, far more damaging than adderall.

Adderall used to rock me, and i'd get incredible physical anxiety if i took a little too much, and in a way was self limiting and therefore was productive. I started messing with meth and realized that the more meth i smoked the better i felt, unlike with adderall. But i felt so good i would accomplish literally nothing at all, and since i've used meth, adderall barely effects me now. I can pop 60mg and feel a slight boost at work whereas before 30mg would have been way too much. And i haven't taken meth in months.

So really, for most people, meth is kind of like a dead end road that should only be taken if the user is at the end of the line and has nothing else to live for or accomplish in life. It just really has the tendency to grab you by the boo-boo. In the beginning it 'feels' safer and more abusable than adderall, and several days later the harsh reality hits like a train.

^^^ I rep this for sure. That's all there is to it.

Once you go down that road it doesn't make a U-turn and let you back out where you started. Meth is a stronger drug in every way and it makes using Adderall that much more difficult once you've started. I've seen it in other people and I've seen it in myself. Meth really does last longer, feel better, etc., and it turns you into a junkie all the more.

I've never used meth and do not want to.

My friends who have used it told me that it's a lot more powerful even in low doses that people sniff, smoke, or swallow than even extremely high doses of Adderall and Dexedrine are.

One guy I know who is a meth addict who has been clean/sober for over a decade said how even poorly made meth or what's called crank here is more powerful than even high doses of Dexedrine and Adderall are. He told me how he had taken amphetamines, and then later when he used crank and then meth/ice that the crank, meth/ice kept him awake for days when he would sniff a few lines of it on weekends, and that amphetamine never did that even when taken in large doses or when he took some and re-dosed.

Be very careful, and if you haven't used meth please reconsider. Pretty much everyone I know who has ever used the drug regretted it or wound up addicted and needed help in order to stop using it, and some became addicted the first time they ever used it.

Adderall is a functional stim, meth is a euphoric stim. Think of amphetamine as your base molecule, and you add the methyl ring it becomes less functional and more euphoric, add the dioxy and you get MDMA which is even less functional to the point of not even being able to redose, yet even more euphoric than methamphetamine.

The thing is meth is about twice as strong as adderall in terms of stimulation and euphoria, so the body ends up being fooled into handling far more of the stimulant drug at once because the euphoria overpowers the brains 'alerts' to something going wrong, so with 60mg of meth the user feels so good that they dont even realize how stimulated they actually are and paradoxically they feel relaxed.

It's really more like a speedy and redosable version of MDMA, far more damaging than adderall.

Adderall used to rock me, and i'd get incredible physical anxiety if i took a little too much, and in a way was self limiting and therefore was productive. I started messing with meth and realized that the more meth i smoked the better i felt, unlike with adderall. But i felt so good i would accomplish literally nothing at all, and since i've used meth, adderall barely effects me now. I can pop 60mg and feel a slight boost at work whereas before 30mg would have been way too much. And i haven't taken meth in months.

So really, for most people, meth is kind of like a dead end road that should only be taken if the user is at the end of the line and has nothing else to live for or accomplish in life. It just really has the tendency to grab you by the boo-boo. In the beginning it 'feels' safer and more abusable than adderall, and several days later the harsh reality hits like a train.

This will probably be the most insightful response in this thread.