• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ampetimine sulfate overdose follow up questions

ithinkiamdyingple2

Greenlighter
For those of you who missed the fun early this morning, I overdosed on Amphetamine sulfate, consuming it from 8pm last night to 2am this morning, I took approximately 200mg Amphetamine sulfate. I was unaware that you were supposed to take no more then 60mg a day. I thought Amphetamine sulfate was like cocaine, take another hit when it starts to where off. I have no tolerance to the stuff. Since I am 15, I was unable to seek medical treatment because I did not want my parents to find out about my “drug habit”.

I suffered a full body tingly feeling, mild confusion, an extremely racing heart, dehydration, a fever, severe anxiety and a very dry mouth. I also almost passed out after standing up. Needless to say I was not having fun this morning.

12 hours after my last dose, I estimate I still have close to 100mg in my system. All symptoms of the overdose have gradually faded away. I still have a light tingly feeling and my heart is still racing.

Here are my follow up questions:
1) After 48 hours, will I be practically 100% safe from any complications?

2) Did I cause any permanent damage to my heart/organs?

3) If my heart is still bothering me next week, and since I don't want to tell my doctor I took an illegal drug, could I just tell him my heart is causing me trouble? Would he have a way of finding out that I took amp?

4)With close to 100mg Amphetamine sulfate still in my system, what is the chance that I will suffer a heart attack/stroke before I clear this stuff out of my system?

5)Can I safely take a Unisom (doxylamine) tonight? I hear it is not a good idea to mix uppers and downers, but I am still wide awake and I have to get some sleep tonight.
Thanks!

Calm down, you will be fine since you've made it this long. Go ahead and take something to help you sleep too..

It's unlikely that this caused any permanent damage but I hope you now know not to take that much! The doctor won't know you took anything unless he drug tests you which is also unlikely.

Calm down, you will be fine since you've made it this long.
That's always refreshing to hear. :)

Go ahead and take something to help you sleep too..
Sounds good, I literally can't wait to sleep lol

It's unlikely that this caused any permanent damage but I hope you now know not to take that much!
Haha I do believe me, I should have known better myself. But I just glanced over the dosing info (bad mistake).

The doctor won't know you took anything unless he drug tests you which is also unlikely.
But would me not telling him somehow hinder his work? In other words, if the amp messed up my heart, should he know?

15, eh?

Consider the fact that when you make the next careless mistake, can your parents afford to bury you, and what part of them finding you dead do you think will be more traumatic?

Nobody can be sure if you're going to be 100% safe, or if you've suffered any long term damage. You should see your physician.

Amphs can increase blood pressure, which can cause thickening to the heart over time and even stroke/aneurysm. HBP can also cause kidney damage. A nephrologist can run test for that. Amphs can also cause stomach issues long term. All of these health issues come with the territory.

I'm too tired to answer those ?'s. Just my 2 cents.

You likely got dizzy when standing from a quick drop in blood pressure. Happens very often on amps and not on them.

And yes you will very likely be fine, If 200mg was over a period of time it's a lot different. still it was not a good choice and I think you know that. I highly doubt you will be able to sleep for 1-2 days possibly

When in doubt see the doctor. But honestly, when I was 15 I took a bunch of shit like that and suffered no long term effects. Your mileage may vary..

As long as you don't have a pre existing heart condition it should be fine. Your parents would likely be more forgiving than you think, since you're so young and teenagers are notorious for doing dumb shit.. No offense OP. I hope there isn't a next time but if this happens again.. Would you rather die or get in a little bit of trouble?

Don't worry so much OP-- for an essentially stimulant naive individual you did take... A surprising amount of amphetamine. However, that 200mg you ingested was probably closer to 150mg or so of actual amphetamine; so you didn't take a really scary amount. Just like way too much to have a comfortable experience X)

I mean, I've been using amphetamines on and off for years now, and that much at once would geek me out an uncomfortable amount-- or rather, it would make me geek in a crazy-rush-tinglely way. But you spaced out your dosing, which, while decreasing the euphoric aspect of the whole experience and adding to your uncomfortable physical symptoms and anxieties, means that you're not really in any serious danger. You were way more likely to freak out about all these intense amphetamine feelings and mind-bends than to have any serious physical complications.

With stimulants your state of mind can go a long way in influencing your experience. Staying up all night in a room in your parent's house, and feeling scared by the vastness of things you're just coming to realize you don't know about whatever drug you've taken (and how much!).. That is generally never a fun experience.

If you stay decently hydrated (try to take 1-3 regular swigs of alternating water and gatorade/juice/protein shake/smothie every 10-15 minutes) and remember to breathe evenly and deeply whenever you start feeling overwhelmed, you'll be totally fine. Just make sure to give your body plenty of time to recover from this experience. Make sure you make an effort to eat healthily and nutritiously in the days and weeks following, get a decent amount of exercise and time spent outside into your daily routine, and reflect on how you can make any future experience less prone to... Let's just call it an anxious cluster-fuck X3

Also, stretching and doing yoga to the tune of the most beautiful music you know of will seriously help you pull up out of any anxiety or depression tailspins :)

Just keep your mind occupied on things outside of yourself (preferably things that benefit yourself, like reading, learning, smiling, etc.) and you'll start to see how you can channel even the craziest of crazy feelings into something fun and engaging. That's when amphetamines become fun-- when you use them to learn and do cool things!

But you are quite young yet, so I hiiiiiiighly reccommend that you slow down as much as possible on any stimulant usage. Provided you don't want to stop altogether, anyway. They are a class of drug you will likely be very glad you left unexplored later on in life (whether you're glad because you retain most of your original willpower and motivation or because you can now reeeeeaaaaally enjoy them as an older human).

Just be safe, man. Read up on anything before you do it, and always devote serious time to devising a reasonable and yet effective dosage for ALL drugs you take. But especially take care with stimulants, because as you now know, overdosing (or perceiving the threat of OD and spiraling out in the anxiety storm that ensues-- y'know, whichever) is no fun. And they're usually even more fun at moderate doses, because you can just ride the wave instead of hyperfocusing on the crazy bodily undulations.

Anyway, in closing, I did meth for the first time in about 4 months tonight (about 8 hours ago) and I'm having a great time. Because I chose a night where I can just chill and explore whatever my mind wants to; and I chose my single dose with care. Thusly it provided me with a seriously satisfying experience.
For the last little while it has involved writing this out in the hopes that I can help you be more... responsible, I guess, but also more secure in your understanding of some things. These drugs are no joke, and from here on out I hope you treat them with serious respect. If not, they're liable to get un-good fast.

Above all, just remember to keep things slow and steady when recovering from any speed induced deficiencies in your body. Sip water often, but don't chug bottles. Eat small meals often, and for your stomach's sake-of-comfort I'd advise eating pretty slowly. But do eat. Try to eat just as much as you would sober, but more slowly and relatively more constantly. It will make you feel much better.

And don't let yourself panic, if you can at all help it. It'll make your symptoms better when you feel overstimulated. Just remind yourself that you're not in serious danger, even though your body is trying to make you think that. Your mind naturally wants to interpret the intensity that amps provide as indicating that you need to be afraid of something that is wrong. But that's just chemistry. Go with it, and try to harness the stimulation into something useful.

Hope you feel better today OP :) I'm gonna keep on enjoying my night. Still going strong from that dose many hours ago. What a drug.

Be safe!

"Keep your head above water;
And don't forget to breathe."

-- Alexi Murdoch, 'Breathe'

I know you're probably not going to do this; but you really should see a doctor or medical professional, tell them what happened with the speed, and how much you took.

Tell the doctor you want them to follow their HIPPA/patient confidentiality laws if they have those in your country. If you are really worried see a different doctor than the one you would normally see. Good luck.

Two decades ago, when I was only slightly older and even more foolish than you are now, a mate and I necked 250mg of surprisingly strong speed. After experiencing the strongest and best rush I've ever experienced, my mate had a full on fit - foaming at the mouth, then unconscious, the works and we ended up in hospital. I was very sick. Couldn't eat anything for a week.
The good news is that we're both still on the planet more than 20 years later and in reasonably good health. I've gone on to run half marathons and such like. So I think you'll be just fine and that there will be no lasting damage. It looks like you've learned a lesson.
Everything that Mungo Man says above is right. Abusing any drugs when you're body is still growing is a bad idea.

I agree with the posters above, especially Slutty Peach. What you did was stupid and unhealthy, but pretty much the same as a teenager who deciedes to drinnk an entire bottle of vodka by himself. You're just not ready for that amount of chemical at your age and neigher is your body. That being said, the amount reqiured to clinically overdose on Amphetamine Sulfate is huge (1500mg?). I know people who have enormous tolenences to amps and once knew a guy who took over 300mg of Adderall in one day. The dudes still alive and kicking.

Don't worry so much OP-- for an essentially stimulant naive individual you did take... A surprising amount of amphetamine. However, that 200mg you ingested was probably closer to 150mg or so of actual amphetamine; so you didn't take a really scary amount. Just like way too much to have a comfortable experience X)

I mean, I've been using amphetamines on and off for years now, and that much at once would geek me out an uncomfortable amount-- or rather, it would make me geek in a crazy-rush-tinglely way. But you spaced out your dosing, which, while decreasing the euphoric aspect of the whole experience and adding to your uncomfortable physical symptoms and anxieties, means that you're not really in any serious danger. You were way more likely to freak out about all these intense amphetamine feelings and mind-bends than to have any serious physical complications.

With stimulants your state of mind can go a long way in influencing your experience. Staying up all night in a room in your parent's house, and feeling scared by the vastness of things you're just coming to realize you don't know about whatever drug you've taken (and how much!).. That is generally never a fun experience.

If you stay decently hydrated (try to take 1-3 regular swigs of alternating water and gatorade/juice/protein shake/smothie every 10-15 minutes) and remember to breathe evenly and deeply whenever you start feeling overwhelmed, you'll be totally fine. Just make sure to give your body plenty of time to recover from this experience. Make sure you make an effort to eat healthily and nutritiously in the days and weeks following, get a decent amount of exercise and time spent outside into your daily routine, and reflect on how you can make any future experience less prone to... Let's just call it an anxious cluster-fuck X3

Also, stretching and doing yoga to the tune of the most beautiful music you know of will seriously help you pull up out of any anxiety or depression tailspins :)

Just keep your mind occupied on things outside of yourself (preferably things that benefit yourself, like reading, learning, smiling, etc.) and you'll start to see how you can channel even the craziest of crazy feelings into something fun and engaging. That's when amphetamines become fun-- when you use them to learn and do cool things!

But you are quite young yet, so I hiiiiiiighly reccommend that you slow down as much as possible on any stimulant usage. Provided you don't want to stop altogether, anyway. They are a class of drug you will likely be very glad you left unexplored later on in life (whether you're glad because you retain most of your original willpower and motivation or because you can now reeeeeaaaaally enjoy them as an older human).

Just be safe, man. Read up on anything before you do it, and always devote serious time to devising a reasonable and yet effective dosage for ALL drugs you take. But especially take care with stimulants, because as you now know, overdosing (or perceiving the threat of OD and spiraling out in the anxiety storm that ensues-- y'know, whichever) is no fun. And they're usually even more fun at moderate doses, because you can just ride the wave instead of hyperfocusing on the crazy bodily undulations.

Anyway, in closing, I did meth for the first time in about 4 months tonight (about 8 hours ago) and I'm having a great time. Because I chose a night where I can just chill and explore whatever my mind wants to; and I chose my single dose with care. Thusly it provided me with a seriously satisfying experience.
For the last little while it has involved writing this out in the hopes that I can help you be more... responsible, I guess, but also more secure in your understanding of some things. These drugs are no joke, and from here on out I hope you treat them with serious respect. If not, they're liable to get un-good fast.

Above all, just remember to keep things slow and steady when recovering from any speed induced deficiencies in your body. Sip water often, but don't chug bottles. Eat small meals often, and for your stomach's sake-of-comfort I'd advise eating pretty slowly. But do eat. Try to eat just as much as you would sober, but more slowly and relatively more constantly. It will make you feel much better.

And don't let yourself panic, if you can at all help it. It'll make your symptoms better when you feel overstimulated. Just remind yourself that you're not in serious danger, even though your body is trying to make you think that. Your mind naturally wants to interpret the intensity that amps provide as indicating that you need to be afraid of something that is wrong. But that's just chemistry. Go with it, and try to harness the stimulation into something useful.

Hope you feel better today OP :) I'm gonna keep on enjoying my night. Still going strong from that dose many hours ago. What a drug.

Be safe!

"Keep your head above water;
And don't forget to breathe."

-- Alexi Murdoch, 'Breathe'
Thanks for your (and everybody else) well thought out post. I am feeling much better today. :)

I know once upon a time my dog ate 120mg adderal xr within an hour. It was going fine until he realised he couldnt open his hand in which he was holding the pencil he was using to draw, it was sorta stuck in a claw shape. His lips we very tightly cringed making it almost impossible to talk, he then started vomiting and dry heaving. He was unable to move from the spot he was sitting at, and when he finally got up he had no control over his muscles especially in his legs. Sitting there with his muscles all frozen, unable to speak out, reminding himself to breath and try to slow the heart rate which felt like it was beating a million beats per second. He also had a similar problem while mixing 60 mg adderal xr, liqour, ganja, and morphine.
Overdoses are scary stuff, best bet if you are unsure about anything DONT DO IT.