• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Aminorex analogs of DOx drugs??

I read that 4,4-DMAR is toxic, cardiotoxic I believe. But 2,2-DMAR is supposed to be better a d just as easy to synth, which makes me wonder why they didn't do that one.

I haven't tried any of the aminorexes, but I have always wanted to try 4-MAR ever since I read about it on Erowid when I was 18.

I read that 4,4-DMAR is toxic, cardiotoxic I believe. But 2,2-DMAR is supposed to be better a d just as easy to synth, which makes me wonder why they didn't do that one.

I haven't tried any of the aminorexes, but I have always wanted to try 4-MAR ever since I read about it on Erowid when I was 18.
It could be something else, considering the spatial conformation of aminorex compared to amphetamines or cathinones, but substituents in the 2-position of phenethyl amines often result in a more functional or inactive stimulant. For example, 2-fma, 2-fa, 2-MMC ... I think it has something to do with the dopamine vesicular transporter / dopamine reuptake carrier affinity. I'm not sure though.

I have no idea if these would be possible/viable to make or if they would even be active, but 2C-T-7-Aminorex, 2C-T-21-Aminorex, Mescaline-Aminorex sure sound and look fucking delicious. A man can only dream...

I have no idea if these would be possible/viable to make or if they would even be active, but 2C-T-7-Aminorex, 2C-T-21-Aminorex, Mescaline-Aminorex sure sound and look fucking delicious. A man can only dream...
I would be leary about being the first person to try a para thio substituted Aminorex lol. I thought 2-ct-2 and 2-ct-7 felt kinda toxic. Actually I tried as many 2c drugs as I could get my hands on (2c-c, 2c-d, 2c-e, etc.) and the only one that didn't make me vomit was 2c-i which I really dug. 2c-b was already illegal so I never got to try that one.
I haven't tried any NBOMes but I did try 25i-NBOH four or five times and it was way better than any of the 2c drugs. Not that I would give up all those trips on different 2c drugs.

I guess I shouldn't complain about the perceived toxicity of every 2c drug I tried because none of them felt more toxic than eating cactus. Still with the NBOH derivative I tried there was zero perceived toxicity or negative body load. I bet these aminorexs are more like DOx than 2c or NBOH. Aminorex and methylaminorex are potent stimulants after all.

Last edited:

It's hard to find 4-MAR since it's difficult to find phenylpropanolamine now. PPA is no longer prescribed or otc for nasal congestion but vets do prescribe it to dogs for urinary incontinence so it's still possible to source ppa in the USA. Having already tried 4,4-DMAR (which was way better than meth imho) I don't think I could justify to myself trying to synth 4-MAR. Stimulants are just too cheap and plentiful.

I haven't heard back from this supposed supplier of 2,5-dimethoxy-methylaminorex. Probably too good to be true.

Last edited:
it looks like it :eek:
i think that if i got my hands on such a thing i would go back to psych ward reeeaaal quick.
It's interesting though, because it means that aminorex could me the origin of the next generation of rc stims, now that cathinones have been explored !
It's interesting that you mention cathinones. I think with the finding that bk-2c-b being an active psychedelic I wish bk-DOB would hit the market. I think I had a DOx drug once and it was sold as acid. I ate two and half hits and proceeded to feel ill at my stomach. I vomited which I've never done on acid. Then things got really intense and visual. I was laying down and mostly immobilized. I was up tripping for more than twenty four hours which is just too long to actually be tripping to be normal LSD under normal conditions. My friend who ate one and a half hits was down in 15 hours or so.

I wish bk-DOB would hit the market

Apparently the Bk-DOx wouldn't be active. This is a quote from Shulgin:

"Your idea of making analogues of the psychoactive amphetamines with the carbonyl that is characteristic of CAT would probably be a disappointment. Cathinone itself is rather unstable because there is a primary amine and a ketone in the same molecule. It will tend to dimerize and become inactive. In the example of METHYLONE (as with methcathinone) the amine is a secondary amine and the compound is quite stable. But all of the psychoactive amphetamines (except for MDMA) are primary amines."

It was an answer to a question someone made to him online. The original answer can be found here: Ask Dr. Shulgin Online (cognitiveliberty.org)

Apparently the Bk-DOx wouldn't be active. This is a quote from Shulgin:

"Your idea of making analogues of the psychoactive amphetamines with the carbonyl that is characteristic of CAT would probably be a disappointment. Cathinone itself is rather unstable because there is a primary amine and a ketone in the same molecule. It will tend to dimerize and become inactive. In the example of METHYLONE (as with methcathinone) the amine is a secondary amine and the compound is quite stable. But all of the psychoactive amphetamines (except for MDMA) are primary amines."

It was an answer to a question someone made to him online. The original answer can be found here: Ask Dr. Shulgin Online (cognitiveliberty.org)
I've read that before but bk-2c-b disproves his theory about it being a disappointment. And bk-2c-b is unstable compared to most chems. Also Shulgin never said it would be inactive just a disappointment.