• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Ambien help?

jayy420

Greenlighter
So, anyone have any experience tripping on ambien? Is there any way to potentiate or enhance the visual hallucinations?

Ambien isn't a benzo its like a semi benzo I guess dumb way to explain it. You can trip if you force yourself to stay up after taking a bit dose , especially if you snort it hits you faster and harder so in terms makes the trip stronger be careful work your way up in dosing snort 1 mg at a time unless you already know your tolerance

It's not a benzo, it's a hypnotic.

I'm unsure if there are things you can take to increase the effects. Usually I'll just take a relative high dose 30mg, but the max I have taken is 60mg and stayed awake. But the only effects I really had were that texting became very difficult as the screen was like popping out at me and the tv looked weird. Nothing major to speak of. Just slept like a baby..

Ambien gives me crazy dreams like wow... :D I couldn't even describe them, but they're almost like a trip.

It's a sleep medication, it's not very useful as a hallucinogen, since you have to focus on not falling asleep instead of enjoying the visuals. (Very mild visuals TBH)

I've been on every sleeping pill. From Ambien to chloral hydrate (This liquid is a heavy sedative and hypnotic pharmaceutical drug. It's also what Anna Nicole Smith used a lot. Ambien will give you munchies, and you won't remember eating.
I got off all these sleep drugs the doctors were throwing at me. I now drink some Zzzquil and high THC cannabis oil.

Also ambien has and will give a positive reading in benzo tests. I also had doctors ask me 'Are you on any benzodiazepines?' After I would answer no, then gave the list of my medications and Amien would be on the list. The doctors would always say Ambien is considered a Benzo.

Ambien is a Z-Drug that works like benzos.
It's possible to trip on it, but you may as well black out, take more without knowing and do a lot of stupid shit you won't even remember the next day.

I always get hallucinations with moderate dosages. The trick is not blacking out and not taking way more than you intend. For me, sometimes I don't hakucinate in till I look closely at things. Like I'll be sitting in my room watching a movie, and then I look at the floor a bit and notice it's warping. And then I proceed to watch the door instead of my movie

Ambien is strong in itself and has random potential to cause a wide variety of reactions. I have seen several people react totally different from it.

I was prescribed Ambien for a legitimate sleeping disorder. It was the worst medication I have ever taken. I remember taking it, as prescribed and a very low dose then becoming dizzy and disoriented. I felt drunk but I wasn't and then I blacked out. I woke up 2-days later and was told by my ex that I was out of control. He had found me 'sleepwalking', wandering around our apartment complex, knocking on neighbors doors... I even drove my car to the convenience store to buy hot dogs and I remember NOTHING. I also had the worst hangover I've ever experienced which lasted 2 to 3-days after I woke up. I had nothing else in my system. Was later prescribed Lunesta and the same thing occurred.

My ex also took it one night. It put him to sleep relatively fast but not fast enough as about 10-minutes before he fell asleep he became very violent, screaming, breaking furniture, punching holes in the wall, acting like an ass until he literally collapsed and passed out. I left him on the floor and he woke up feeling fine the next morning. He did not experience a hangover but he did not have any memory of punching holes in our bedroom walls or breaking our TV. I do not know if he had taken anything else with the Ambien.

Others I know who have taken the drug either say it puts them straight to sleep or it causes them to become restless and unable to sleep. I work in the health care industry and in all honesty, the percentage of individuals who do claim to have euphoric feelings or hallucinations is minimal.

If you choose to take this drug please have someone with you until you know how it will effect you.

Ambien is strong in itself and has random potential to cause a wide variety of reactions. I have seen several people react totally different from it.

I was prescribed Ambien for a legitimate sleeping disorder. It was the worst medication I have ever taken. I remember taking it, as prescribed and a very low dose then becoming dizzy and disoriented. I felt drunk but I wasn't and then I blacked out. I woke up 2-days later and was told by my ex that I was out of control. He had found me 'sleepwalking', wandering around our apartment complex, knocking on neighbors doors... I even drove my car to the convenience store to buy hot dogs and I remember NOTHING. I also had the worst hangover I've ever experienced which lasted 2 to 3-days after I woke up. I had nothing else in my system. Was later prescribed Lunesta and the same thing occurred.

My ex also took it one night. It put him to sleep relatively fast but not fast enough as about 10-minutes before he fell asleep he became very violent, screaming, breaking furniture, punching holes in the wall, acting like an ass until he literally collapsed and passed out. I left him on the floor and he woke up feeling fine the next morning. He did not experience a hangover but he did not have any memory of punching holes in our bedroom walls or breaking our TV. I do not know if he had taken anything else with the Ambien.

Others I know who have taken the drug either say it puts them straight to sleep or it causes them to become restless and unable to sleep. I work in the health care industry and in all honesty, the percentage of individuals who do claim to have euphoric feelings or hallucinations is minimal.

If you choose to take this drug please have someone with you until you know how it will effect you.

Seriously? I take a shitload of ambien and have never had any sort of reactions like this. If anything with a high dose it just makes me not remember much from the night before.

Are you combining it with other meds?

Seriously? I take a shitload of ambien and have never had any sort of reactions like this. If anything with a high dose it just makes me not remember much from the night before.

Are you combining it with other meds?

Ambien has some cross-tolerance with benzos

Ambien has some cross-tolerance with benzos

That's why I was asking if she was combining it with anything else. Because I know when I mix xanax and ambien the effects are much more intense, and I become even more disoriented and forgetful.

Also ambien has and will give a positive reading in benzo tests. I also had doctors ask me 'Are you on any benzodiazepines?' After I would answer no, then gave the list of my medications and Amien would be on the list. The doctors would always say Ambien is considered a Benzo.
Not necessarily. 1) it's not a benzo 2) I took it in rehab. It never showed up on a 12 panel urine test. YMMV. It may be close, but it IS NOT a benzodiazepine.

Ambien is not a benzodiazepine CHEMICALLY. It is a "non-benzodiazipine z-drug" by definition. However it does selectively bind to the benzodiazipine site on certain GABA-A sub-types of receptors, and as such, has similar effects to benzos and does cause cross-tolerance issues. I am unsure how you could balckout for 2 days with the stuff, I have taken 20+ 10mg pills in one night and the effects wore off in less than 24 hours. It must have been a serious reaction you had, and a crazy coincidence that your spouse did as well. Most people who take it fall asleep quickly, and therefore do not experience the euphoria or "hallucinogenic" effects.

In my experience, it closely resembles the effects of temazepam taken without a tolerance. Things seem to appear strange, double vision etc. without true hallucinations (again, IME).