• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ambien Adverse Effect

Fix8Sed8Hallucin8

Greenlighter
A buddy of mine took two 10mg Ambien (IR), and now he can't stand or walk for any period of time without fainting. He said his knees get all rubbery whenever any weight so ever on them. He doesn't have access to a computer, so I thought I'd look into it to make sure it's nothing to worry about. I was just wondering if anyone had had any experiences similar to this, and if it is in fact anything that should draw concern. Thanks for any input.

I'm assuming he took them just now for the first time, and not that he's taking them regularly?

If he's taking them long term and is having these symptoms while not under the influence of them then I don't know what's going on, get him to a doctor.

If it's just now and just while he's under the influence then yeah, that's what happens. I honestly don't know why anyone finds Ambien enjoyable, I hate those things. I think they are very safe in terms of physical health, unless you go driving while under the influence or do something else stupid like that. He'll just be extremely confused and stupid-acting for a few hours, but he'll be fine in the long term.

ambien taken any other way than the recommended dosage is extremely dangerous. it's pretty common to hear of people taking ambien, not going directly to bed and doing normal things (shower, the dishes, grocery shopping, etc.) and having no recollection whatsoever. it can cause extreme disorientation and if the user is allergic, hallucinations aren't uncommon, especially when taken with alcohol. ambien is right up there with fentanyl in my book.