• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I wrong that 150mg of hydrocodone is pretty much fatal for a newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagickalKat777

Bluelight Crew
Somebody told one of my friends to take 150mg of hydrocodone and he doesn't believe me, the 9750mg of APAP alone being over the twice the fatal dose, that he should start at 15mg and he wants to see responses from people who actually have experience with hydrocodone to get high (it was never my bag, I took what I had to when my lung collapsed and 30mg a day (it was 10/500 hydrocodone/ibuprofen I believe) had me high as a kite and still in pain.

Am I not correct that someone with no tolerance who takes daily benzos (just 20mg of diazepam but still) would end up killing himself? I'm well aware my friend has issues but he knows about this board and he has no respect for the fact I used to moderate here and im just trying to save his life so be brutal, go crazy, he is too stubborn to listen to me.

PS, is it just impossible to add prefixes to mobile because I almost lost this whole post...

-MK

Well, I never like answering posts like that as people with suicide intentions could read it and take it as dosage advice, but yes, 150mg of hydrocodone is way way way too much, even without benzos in his system. You are right that he should start with 15mg or even less. And yes 9750mg of APAP will most likely kill him (it's a really slow and painful death so no one should do it)

perhaps your friend should check out the darwin awards he's a very promising candidate imho.

perhaps your friend should check out the darwin awards he's a very promising candidate imho.

I may be only a greenlighter but I feel this is inappropriate. You don't know his reasons for wanting to do it and you can't assume it's motivated by stupidity/recklessness. If and when I chase the dragon, I know I'm doing more than I should and it has nothing to do with my intelligence or lack thereof, same for when I'm high as a kite and I load another 50mg of meth into my bowl.

He may believe OP that it's too much and as kleinerkiffer pointed out (not this specifically but along these lines) OP's friend may be looking for reassurance that it's enough for his intended purpose (whatever that may be). Also we're talking about a friend of someone from this community (I'm new but maybe it could be my community too?), it's not very nice to insult someone's friend as they're attempting to save his life...

I feel sheepish because you're ex-staff, but I feel strongly about it, sorry if it's too harsh :(

And OP it is too much, it may be cliché but to your friend I would just say you can always take more but never less.

Last edited:
Hydrocodone is not a benzo, it's an opioid. A tolerance to benzos bares no relation to opioid tolerance.

!!!10-15mg of hydrocodone is enough to intoxicate someone with no tolerance. !!!

150 mg, in addition to being outrageously expensive, will kill him twice over between the fatal levels of Tylenol (apap) and a fatal dose of hydrocodone. If he is on 20mg of diazepam, that will also increase the likelihood of overdose because both will slow his breathing. 10-15mg should be plenty, and he should half his normal diazepam dose it he consumes them concurrently. Go up by 5mg increments every 45 min until he finds his sweet spot.

Yes, what everyone else has said about the toxic amount of APAP. Opioid intoxication from that much Hydrocodone also has a significant risk of death. The rule of thumb is 90 Mgs for an opiate naive user. The amount your friend is suggesting is almost twice that. Even allowing for scare tactics from the media, that's a dose that will likely land him in the hospital.

CWE won't address the OD problem.

Other posters have more familiarity with the benzo/opioid risks than I, but I am pretty certain a large scale study was published in March showing the risk of death from CNS depression increases 4 times when the drugs are used in combination.

I don't know why your friend wants to do this, but if it's a suicide attempt, there are ways that are less painful.

When I was new to opiates I took 20mg of hydrocodone and was pretty high I remember flirting with these chicks at my apartment and then after i lit a cigarette I smoked that and was nauseous as hell threw up and everything lol. Point being that was obviously a bit to much and your friend is trying to take over 7x that amount? Ridiculous.

150mg is way too much as others have already pointed out. I have been using hydro and oxy for 17 years and would never consume that much at one time even with my outrageous tolerance. The combo of the lethal amount of Tylenol PLUS the benzo/opiate combination is flirting with death. And getting high is no fun if you're puking your brains out.

I may be only a greenlighter but I feel this is inappropriate. You don't know his reasons for wanting to do it and you can't assume it's motivated by stupidity/recklessness. If and when I chase the dragon, I know I'm doing more than I should and it has nothing to do with my intelligence or lack thereof, same for when I'm high as a kite and I load another 50mg of meth into my bowl.

He may believe OP that it's too much and as kleinerkiffer pointed out (not this specifically but along these lines) OP's friend may be looking for reassurance that it's enough for his intended purpose (whatever that may be). Also we're talking about a friend of someone from this community (I'm new but maybe it could be my community too?), it's not very nice to insult someone's friend as they're attempting to save his life...

I feel sheepish because you're ex-staff, but I feel strongly about it, sorry if it's too harsh :(

And OP it is too much, it may be cliché but to your friend I would just say you can always take more but never less.

Someone who is told and ignores what 9750mg of APAP will do to them deserves to be mocked or locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.