• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I right in saying (tolerance and overdose question (opiates and benzos)

3dmusic

Bluelighter
I have a question please.
Please bear with me, I know combining these two obviously have the potential to be deadly, but then there is tolerance and equivalency to factor in and things become a bit more awkward.

At the moment, My tolerance is righth up to 2mg lorazepam,(equivalent to 20mg diazepam, and an opiate tolerance of 450mg dihydrocodeine.
I don't take these drugs every day, but often enough for the tolerance to have raised and I never take them together because that way, I get less drug free days a week, where I am depressed and anxious.

can taking half (1mg lorazepam and 225mg of dihydrocodeine) each together we with a big tolerance of 450mg dihydrocodeine and 2mg lorazepam be fatal

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Regardless of tolerance, it is possible to overdose on opiates. period. Regardless of tolerance, it is possible to take too much of a benzo- which won't kill ya, but can lead to amnesia and "waking up in a cell in Iowa three days later" syndrome.

If you choose to use the two classes of drug together, your risk of fatal overdose increases exponentially. Regardless of tolerance to either or both drug (s).