• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Am I gonna die?

paranoid_puppy

Greenlighter
On Wednesday I went cold turkey from benzos. I was consuming clonitrazolam powder with a fucking spoon, sometimes eating 7+ xanax bars in a day, and I'd been at it for months. I almost died. Went to the ER. They gave me a 5 day klonopin taper from 3 mg down. I just took two that night, then two the next day, I took one this morning and I think I'm gonna take another tonight. WD's are horrible but mostly exacerbated by other stress in my life right now, I'm really emotional and paranoid but I'm not getting any tremors really, just chills yesterday. I have like 9 or so left. If I continue taking two a day for another 4 or so days and then just kick it, am I gonna die? Is it even gonna be noticable to drop from 1 mg klonopin to zero compared to 15mg alprazolam to 3 klonopin? Or am I gonna seize the fuck out and die? I went to a detox place this morning. They just looked at the case file and looked shocked and told me they couldn't help. But anyhow, I don't feel particularly close to dying but what should I expect?

Going cold turkey from benzos is much worse than tapering, not only having to do with your emotional status, but also with your health. Going cold turkey will make the emotional pain and stress worse than tapering and cold turkey greatly heightens the risk of seizures, so it's a very bad idea. It would be best to keep with your taper and follow it.

Youre definitely going to need more time and drugs for a taper. Otherwise you could die at the worst or more likely experience a lot of unneeded discomfort.

That's probably the best idea but my region has rather draconian laws and I don't have the right to discharge against medical advice if they decide to put me in psych or some shit and they are not reliable or predictable.

1mg klonopin = 2mg xanax
so 3mg kpin = 6mg xanax
and sometimes they drop your dose drastically at first, and then only ~10% per week.
You want have a seizure takin 3mg of klonopin per day, also, klonopin have a 60-hour half-life so they should built a bit in your system.

Last edited by a moderator:
This shit is terrifying isn't it? The ER is always good advice as they can stop a seizure at the very least. But I know practically it isn't always so simple. A longer taper would be preferable. Is there anyway you can source a long acting benzo? You have a bit of cushion with the pills you have left. I know not everyone can use the dark net but desperate times and measures you know?

Locally I can't source anything but xanax, and it takes me ten days to get bitcoin so I'd already be fucked by the time I could even access AB, plus I'm pretty broke so I could get maybe twenty librium pills if I wasn't going for RCs (which pretty much how I got here) which I doubt would even affect me.

Locally I can't source anything but xanax, and it takes me ten days to get bitcoin so I'd already be fucked by the time I could even access AB, plus I'm pretty broke so I could get maybe twenty librium pills if I wasn't going for RCs (which pretty much how I got here) which I doubt would even affect me.
pm'd u