• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am i fuckin' up my future heroin experiences??

SO am I passed the whole "don't even try heroin once" idea?

I really thought I had a lot to look forward to, I haven't got close to ruining my life or falling into addiction so this is a big let down :(

If I mix meth with heroin then I can probably get a pretty good buzz going, that's probably all I got left.
You are doing as what is known as "chasing the dragon." I would recommend you stop before the dragon turns around and burns you and everything you got.... Instead of chasing the dragon be the dragon.

Edit: Looking at your later posts you talk of suicide. I say this as I care, but ask for help. You are not alone. If you fear speaking with someone you know call the suicide help line. They will stay on the phone with you as long as you need even as you build the strength to ask your family to help or even medical services. You are not alone in this.

Last edited:
Life is way to precious to waste. I had a death wish once. I think every junkie at some point wants it all to end.

What worked for me is finding something I love doing and doing the fuck out of it. It just so happens to be gardening.

I know things seem dark, and you are alone...however you are very far from alone. So many people around you are living the same facade. Go get some mental help. I see a psychiatrist, and a psychotherapist.

A piece of advice. Shit is gunna suck sometimes, its the nature of shit. Just handle it or it will handle you.

goodluck

If you can't feel it in your soul, at least know from an intellectual perspective that a lot of people went through what you are now.

Some ended up killing themselves, some learned how to cope with the shit you talk about and went on living a meaningful life.

At least, if others managed, you have to accept the possibility that it can be the case for you too.

There are a lot of shitty things in this world. And there are lots of beauty. It is easy to become stuck on one and forget about the other but it's true both are there in myriads of ways. If you hang on, develop coping strategy, go through this, at one point you'll find yourself actually not faking happiness for once and experience it for real. Nothing is lost for you. It is just work ahead and salvation and happiness at one point. Great thing is it is gradual. So eventually you will feel enough of it to keep on.

Please take time to reflect on this and at least entertain the possibility that it could work out like this for you too. Suicide is such a waste. It is not that you arent entitled too or life should be sacred or something. It is just plain logic. You have great potential and given the right conditions (which are within your reach even if it doesnt seems likely) you can realize yourself and feel and be better, great, all because you believed it and made it happen.

Some very good responses from other BL's in here.......I really can't add much.

Only thing I will say is to stay away from needles.......its pretty much the end of the line when you're shooting up.

If you have the money, stick with codeine, etc.....but for some people that have tons of money, its still depressing when you get to the point where you wake up every morning with drugs next to your bed just to feel normal & get up from bed.

Hope you graduate college & do well in life, good luck man!

Hey guys,

Yeah this isn't going so well. Around 6 months ago i was opiate free and was under the impression opiates would no longer work for me, aafter unsuccessfully getting high on codeine several times. I think my body was having a hard time replenishing the required enzymes, possibly triggered by liver damage.
This last six months have been bad, im a student studying a hard subject at a good university, but my motivation has nose dived. I used to work 2-4 times a week at a job but now i cannot be bothered, my boss might put me on one shift a fortnight if im lucky. I cant talk to anyone about my drug habits, no one i know is interested in drugs and if i told anyone i did heroin they probably wouldn't believe me.
Everytime something bad happens i turn to opiates, i got a midterm tomorrow and i havent done hardly any study compared to what i usually do. Its like im setting myself up for failure , so i have an excuse to get high. I'm brainwashing myself thinking i can handle the hardest shit without getting hooked. Nah i smarter than that, im stronger than that i will tell myself. I got control over this, this is nothing, its not doing damage mentally or physically I'll trick myself over and over again.
But alas its not over yet, i just bought some 80mg oxies, just in time for the failed test tomorrow. I really think talking talking through this with you all can help me out some. Thanks if youre still reading, peace.

Yeah great replies guys, its really making me rethink my decisions. To be perfectly honest I think I want to ruin my life so I can commit suicide. I have had a hard time finding meaning in my life and I look very fondly towards death, my philosophy says if life is painful then there is no reason why you shouldn't resort to peace instead.
I'm scared for my future, im scared about my career, I don't want kids because I hate this reality I live in, I wouldn't wish life upon anyone. I've been thinking like this ever since I had a crazy strong mushroom trip, I thought I was going to be tortured to death that night. I experience drug induced psychosis when I take psychs, I don't take them anymore. I feel like I have figured out too much of the evil in this world, too much of the flaws in life and our society to be happy again and find true passions. I am so lost I just don't know what to do so I just keep living.
Sorry this had to turn so dark, its 6am I really need to get some sleep..

Brother your post almost made me cry. It would have but I'm on buprenorphine which dulls the pain. I could have written that myself, I identified with what you said so much. I have just one thing to say, although there are a lot of things I could prattle on about....I was in your situation, I have been to uni only to have it mean nothing because I was diagnosed with cancer literally the same week I finished my exams and had handed in assignments. I often want to die too. I want peace and nobody fucking understands. Society says suicide is selfish? How the fuck did they figure that one? Isn't it more selfish to use emotional blackmail to coerce a person into living? A life of swimming through the treacle, your feet feeling like lead, your mind a screaming mess of pain and anxiety and basically wondering why the fuck you're even bothering to get out of bed in the morning and afraid to sleep because all your dreams are of being chased and humiliated and scared?

Then you have that shot, and it all goes away. Just like that. Like flicking a light switch. And people wonder why we do it.....

But I didn't write to whinge about my life, I wrote to tell you about something that happened to me.

I was sentenced to three years jail for armed robbery. Got out after a year, only to go back for parole breaches. I did my last 10 months, time I decided to do because I wanted clean time and couldn't be arsed with the parole board. During that 10 months, I was totally clean (I have been on antidepressants for like ten years so I don't count that - they don't make you high) and, unbelievably, I was happy. Like properly happy. I exercised regularly, ate well and stayed away from opiates (which are available in jail, for a steep price).

If I hadn't had that ten month period of drug-free happiness, I would have given up on life altogether. I'm quite sure I would have killed myself. I hang on these days because I know I can be happy and content and optimistic and energetic without drugs. But I only found that out because I had no choice. I'm not suggesting you commit a crime and go to prison, but I am saying that I too didn't believe I could be happy without opiates, but I can. I know I can. So I battle on, I'm waiting for a place in rehab...I dunno what's going to happen. But I think that last 10 months in jail may have saved my life, in a way. Try to believe you can be happy. I never thought I could, but I know I can.

Peace.

You may not know it, but there are a lot of people on here that empathize with you OP. Happiness is not some fish you can catch. Happiness has to be grown like a plant.

and willy33, I know exactly what you mean. Going to jail saved my life. I was only in for a week but it changed my whole outlook on my life and caused me to get clean for the first time by going to long term rehab, actually going to a doctor for the meds I need to regulate my moods, and finding something I enjoy doing. You are on the right path friend. I hear you on the bupe too. I didn't feel joy or sadness for a couple years on it. Something you might want to try to keep the ball rolling on the recovery is helping others that are at risk, as you and I both were when we started using.

Hey guys thanks for the really insightful replies, I wasn't sure if people would be able to relate but I guess I've come to the right place.
willy33 it sounds like you have gone through some really tough times, and I know exactly what you mean about suicide and being selfish. It makes it so much worse to deal with everything when you know people think about suicide like that. But the only thing that stopped me killing myself was guilt, I couldn't stand the thought of doing that to my parents, so I'm still here.

I have a really hard time relating to most people, everyone seems so shallow about life, like they're completely blind to the real realities in the world and just talk about mindless shallow bullshit. I can't relate to that shit. I have a very close group of friends who have all common ideas and beliefs about the world, one friend who I'm especially close with offers me great insight. We have amazing in-depth conversations about the world and I really wish people like this were more commonplace. Based off your replies you people seem like the kind of friend I'm after, people who have gone through troubles too which make them question the very core of their existence. I think that leads to some very good learning of philosophy.

I have to be honest my life is pretty good, I'm doing well off financially and I'm living with my girlfriend who is really nice. This makes it even harder to think of my situation has being problematic, every time I think about seeing a psych or therapist it seems so selfish, because I feel like other people have to deal with such horrible things in comparison to me. But I do still have my share of problems.

If I don't have any commitments I just lay in bed trying to sleep, I sleep all day if I can. Unlike some of you I can escape my reality happily through my dreams, none of my problems exist and my dreams are pleasant to experience. Staying active helps prevents me from wasting away in bed, but during the uni break everything goes downhill quickly. I no longer have a reason not to do drugs often and I have a very hard time getting motivated to do anything, even doing drugs - when I know I'm going to feel amazing after - is a chore I have to force myself to do. I don't have many limits on what I can do, I have enough money to fund most hobbies but I'm just not interested in anything anymore.

But it is really great to hear that people have been in similar situations as mine and now are doing alright, it makes me feel like there is hope for me after all! That was my biggest problem; seeing hope in the future, considering my current problems with motivation. I do have some interests that I would like to pursue in the future, my current situation (being a renting student) limits these some. For example I would actually like to do some gardening, I think this strikes a deep chord with being human; nurturing something to life.

Thanks again for the replies, I am not going to stop doing drugs yet, I love them too much. But I'll stay away from heroin for now, maybe even all opiates if I can manage.
ThankQ
nO, thanks you. I am having some trouble pressing the submit button>> Okay here I go! please.

Sectator don't feel guilty about seeing a shrink ,just because you are well off financially and have loving people in your life doesn't mean you don't have some pain you need to deal with. Pain is relative,you can have everything in the world and be more miserable then the guy who has nothing. It's difficult for me to articulate my point but happiness isn't a score card where it's like I'm well off financially check,got the beautiful girl check,got great family check.....etc
What I'm trying to say is you definetly seem to have some mental health issues and it might be something as small as your brain isn't producing enough of a certain chemical and meds can fix or at least help with or you possibly need to do some deep insight and speak to a professional that can help you sort out why you feel the way you do.
Don't let guilt of your problems not being more worthy then somebody elses because you believe yours aren't real problems(they are real to you) be a reason not to seek help!

I know I rambled a bit hope I made sense,sorry!

Namnoc16 is spot on. I was actually ready to write down his exact words : Pain is relative.

A lot of third world people that sleep under sheet steel and walk miles just to get water are probably happier than most of us. I have a theory that it is the case because of their needs which force them to cooperate more, which in turns create a sens of community, belonging and purpose which often lack in our society. And that those are more fulfilling than a full belly and silks underwears.

Anyway, I remember when I was quite young (5 or 6 years old, adults often forget how insightful child can be) I had understood two truth that sticked with me my whole life.

1- People should be juged by their intentions not their actions. (This led me to doubt the existence of a God who would condemn on actions, or lack of, alone).

2- Peoples suffering are relative. I had it hard young and I remember with clarity witnessing other child crying or in tandrum and I noticed that the intensity of their disatisfaction was as intense as mine even tho what caused them to react would have been superficial to me. So in a sens, it is not what happens to you that really is the point, it is how it makes you feel.

With time I also understood the implications of such statements. Lots of parameters goes into make you feel a certain way when other people won't. Genetics, experiences, perceptions, limiting beliefs, preconceptions, stereotypes and so on... If one could have some sort of control on some of those factors, he could actually help forging his inner life. Manipulate it to his advantage.

Then I eventually hitted my 20's and read Nietzsche and my world collapsed. I retained the worst thing I could from that read but it's truth was so obvious and powerful I couldn't undo it. Everything I hold dear my whole life, all my core value, it was all bullshit. There is no good nor evil, no right or wrong. Just evolutionnary instinct and acquired values from my parents and society. (Even the ones I rejected were rejected because they where presented to me. Would have I discovered them by myself I might have stick to them). All the things that ever mattered to me where the result of radoms things on which I had no power. I had no control on who I was and even if I did it wouldn't made a difference because there was no absolute value.

And not only did I have to deal with that, but knowing this intellectually couldn't turn me in a psychopath either. I still have empathy, I am still attracted to good looking girls, I am still chasing status, even tho I know all this is meaningless.

Then comes the worst of it. As I am slowly gaining awareness that I can maybe cope with all this if I know I can help people around, ease their suffering as much I can because I am empathic, I can put myself in there shoe and their pain his real. The more I see how to world works, the more I realise how so many people all around suffers and mostly because of the way the world works. We would have the means to feed the world, to helps with disease and education all around. And when I want to talk about this, to do something, people around do not care.

They go on with their meaningless lives, chasing one stupid goal after another. They don't care and don't want to care. They don't want to get into politics to try and change things, they don't want to give money to charity, they don't care that this homeless guy sleep in the street. Most people are so shallow, my life have only subjective meaning and we are all living a lie.

Then, don't ask me how, my resilient nature had an epiphany. I invented the whateverism ;)

I took a very utilitarian approach to my perceptions of things and life. If something helps me feel better it is good. If it doesn't and can't lead to feeling better, it is bad. I do have some control on the way I see the world and what I do with it. If I am only an animal that thinks so beat I'll use it to my advantage, I'll exercise and eat good and work on my confidence to feel better from social approval and acceptance, biochemistry and so on.

And it works.

Today I am an opiate addict. I took a wrong turn and am dealing with the consequence as best as I can and I havent won back my life yet. But for the rest, I made it happened and I got to a place where I was fully happy. I've touched it and live it. And I know I can get back there.

So can you.

Everyone has a different threshold for how much crap they can put up with without going absolutely batshit. I spent my teenage years in an abusive household. I ended up leaving at age sixteen. That gave me a steely heart, however when my ex kidnapped my kid, I did have a suicide attempt. One fathers day after not seeing or talking to him for a long time, i bought 26 bags of heroin drew a warm bath, wrote a couple notes and made my shot, got in the tub, slammed it. and poof! nothing happened. I thank the lucky stars everyday that they were bunk because I am just now realizing that I am not such a piece of shit afterall.

very good thread and good posts. really inspirational shit.

pain is relative blah blah blah. truth is that its all about if YOUR personal pain is tolerable or not. Life is able to tip the scales so heavily in one direction or the other that you as an individual will be powerless to feel or think otherwise if or when it does happen, something horrible happens, that you can't over come, you may fight it....but somefights are just not winnable, most are though. many/most ppl will live their whole lives without somjething so extreme ruining it for them. others aren't so lucky

Last edited:

pain is relative blah blah blah. truth is that its all about if YOUR personal pain is tolerable or not. Life is able to tip the scales so heavily in one direction or the other that you as an individual will be powerless to feel or think otherwise if or when it does happen, something horrible happens, that you can't over come, you may fight it....but somefights are just not winnable, most are though. many/most ppl will live their whole lives without somjething so extreme ruining it for them. others aren't so lucky

Elegantly stated LSD. Life is indeed a long series of boring routine interspersed with brief spikes of happiness and sadness. It is how you deal with the spikes of sadness that will help you overcome them, or let them leave a permanent scar on your soul.

Oh my god Bropiace your post is amazing! I am familiar with Nietzsche, a lot of his philosophy I figured out while deep in a psychedelic trip. I would take LSD and lie in bed and ponder life and philosophy for 8 hours straight, some of this time was reserved to battle it out against psychosis and bad trips which I prone to experiencing. I figured out a lot of weird shit about the world, it is like a massive machine, at the moment I think of the human race as a disease and we're slowly killing mother earth. I do see a lot of beauty in human life as well, but not in the social, ecological and economic structures we've fabricated.

After a lot of these realizations I was so passionate to try and change the world, ignore money let's focus on providing the basic needs to all human beings around the world! But I soon realized people didn't care and so I also fell into into a state similar to what you describe as whateverism. I have also gained a good ability to perceive things from other peoples perspective, if someone seems horrible on the outside I look deeper and try to justify their actions by acknowledging their situations, their upbringing and history etc.. I think a lot of people fail to gain this ability, a lot of people judge a person straight away, without considering the deeper reasons a person might act in a certain way.

I have thought for many years about where the human race came from, what truly makes us happy and how we evolved to be who we are now. To simplify things it basically goes we evolved through small tight knit communities, I refer to them as tribes. Our tribes were our family, everything we would do in life we would do for the greater good of our tribe and this was fueled by love. In our modern world this no longer exists, I believe that a lot of people - including myself - battle depression because we're looking for that sense of belonging, being loved and loving others, as well as a sense of purpose. Living in a tribe would have provided all these core values. These values can also be found in our modern world through friends, family and other small communities, but I believe these communities only scratch the surface of the values that would have been provided by living in a tribe.

I am feeling a lot better after talking to you people about my issues. currently I am the only one of my friends left in a big city, so I have no one to talk philosophy with. But I never know I would find such amazing stories and insights here, thanks to everyone for sharing their stories :)

See how LITTLE you can manage on - that's your physical dependence. If you need it to deal with tomorrow, that's addiction. You CAN get out of this but switching UP to H is only going 1 way.

I was prescribed hydrocodone + ibuprofen when I landed in the US & couldn't walk off the plane. Lucky I know ibuprofen is NOT soluble in water so I washed & used them. Was only a 1-week habit (I used 1 months supply in a week). It's a codeine analogue; switch to morphine analogues and it get's MUCH worse.

That's pretty harsh dude. I just joined today and don't know how this works. Didn't mean to come across weird.

Listen to the advice above my friend (minus the irrelevant bullshit). Heroin (despite it's beautiful mental/physical orgasmic pain relief, no to brag though) has brought me much more pain and misery in my life, more so than I could have ever imagined. I wouldn't surpass the weaker, pharm opioids, but if anything somebody mentioned obtaining some morphine IR's instead which can be plugged (longer legs) or IV'd (pins and needles intense rush, not the legs of plugged/oral/insuffL morphine IME). Heroin is so fucking debilitating once you're so sick you have to wake up at 5:30 am to do fucking 0.3-0.4g shot just to get off and catch a little nod just to end up sleeping through the best part haha; I've been to depths of heroin hell and it's certainly not inviting; it's cold, painful, lonely, sleepless agony.

I hope you really think this next move through. Most people fail to ever use heroin recreationally or every blue moon as they would've hoped in the beginning. Just ask almost anybody on here that is experienced in heavy IV heroin addiction/high dose MMT or BMT for year(s)... it's more than anyone could ever bargain for in the end. You could be one of the few functional/successful addicts, but those are a rare breed.

Maybe I don't understand the term relative but it isn't that pretty much what you just said but with a whole lot more blah blah blahs?Let me repeat what you said"truth is it's all about if Your personal pain is tolerable or not" I take that to mean individualized pain which I take to mean relative then you followed with a bunch of blah blah blah bullshit! Did I miss something?

That's pretty harsh dude. I just joined today and don't know how this works. Didn't mean to come across weird.

so you come to a drug message board and send out PM's to those you want to be your friend? I dont know, maybe its new to me. or maybe I am too old and not using anymore so I find it a bit weird. if I was a hot girl then maybe I could see it.