• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am i fuckin' up my future heroin experiences??

Sectator

Greenlighter
Hola,

I take a 600mg codeine and 200mg hydrocodeine combo about 6 times a month, this isnt getting me nodding anymore and im wondering if i keep taking this petty shit, will my exp with heroin be a let down?

Now i have had heroin several times but each time was weak as piss, i always concluded that the heroin was trash but maybe my tolerance is getting too high. One night i had half a gram of #4 heroin (smoked), this was shit smack but other buyers thought it was decent. Maybe i just got ripped off, but i had some serious opiate rage that night.
Other times i have had between 30 and 100mg but those times were also average, black mexican tar to china white from NY, it dont do a thing.

I did a conversion from what im currently taking to oxies and that would be a $100 deal a time which is crazy, i was paying $8 to nod out a few years ago.

So is this the shit im heading towards (massive doses and massive $$$) or do ya'll think I can lay off it for a bit and have myself a wicked time on herion that wont cost me an arm n leg?
Am i ever going to experience the high people fuck up their life for??

Last edited:
opiate tolerance is opiate tolerance, and if youre smoking no4 gear (a bit of waste) then youre not gonna be wowed.

maybe try snorting or plugging the H, but my advice would be to just stick to the codeine or ditch opiates altogether. imo, if youve tried high dose codeine and hydro, youve got the gist of it, so no need to try heroin really - nothing good can come of using heroin.

If you are taking 200mg+ of hydrocodone then you have a pretty solid opioid tolerance already.

If it's 600mg codiene and 200mg dihydrocodeine, that's still... about 60-80mg of morphine equivalent.

SO am I passed the whole "don't even try heroin once" idea?

I really thought I had a lot to look forward to, I haven't got close to ruining my life or falling into addiction so this is a big let down :(

If I mix meth with heroin then I can probably get a pretty good buzz going, that's probably all I got left.

Lol bro you haven't wasted your heroin experience. This thread is crazy

A tip to the OP. Heroin, and morphine feel very similar as far as rushes go. If I were in your shoes I would try to lay my hands on either some 15MG or 30MG ir morphine sulfate tablets, or some 50MG-100MG Kadian capsules. Those can both be broken down with just cold water. You have to crush the beads in the kadian, but the powder can be broken down with water. Then sniff the water as water lines or plug it. That way you have a known substance with a known dosage. It is a lot safer than the fentanyl laced heroin out there, and you will have your heroin experience. Heroin is just a mechanism for getting morphine into your system faster.

Also, you have a tolerance and opiates are known for diminishing returns. Be careful. This is not a road to be skipped down, rather a road to be avoided.

Addiction is addiction imo, you can ruin your life with any opiate (any addiction really). When your habit gets passed a certain point you're just trying to fuck off withdrawals, rather than to see how high you can get.
As someone else has said heroin is similar to morphine, both structurally and in effect (although I've not done it personally), and codeines effect is partially due to its conversion to morphine. I wouldn't dare fuck with anything stronger than codeine after experiencing it's withdrawals. Stay safe whatever you do.

SO am I passed the whole "don't even try heroin once" idea?

I really thought I had a lot to look forward to, I haven't got close to ruining my life or falling into addiction so this is a big let down :(

If I mix meth with heroin then I can probably get a pretty good buzz going, that's probably all I got left.
By a lot to look forward to do you mean becoming a slave to opiates,going to prison,premature death? Yeah you are right if you keep down this road the world is your oyster. You say you havn't got close to ruining your life or falling into addiction and that's a let down?(I know that's not how you meant it) But chin up you get ahold of some good dope and go from smoking and start shooting you will be on the fast track to falling into addiction and ruining your life in no time!

Dude you're playing with fire. Consider this a blessing in disguise and run away as fast as you can from this stuff IMO.

Isn't it amazing how fast feeling good from opiates goes to maintaining (this lasts for a long time, I was an undercover junky for a long time with a stable job and home and all that business), til finally being that break into your garage and steal the battery out of your car type junky.

YMMV

Isn't it amazing how fast feeling good from opiates goes to maintaining (this lasts for a long time, I was an undercover junky for a long time with a stable job and home and all that business), til finally being that break into your garage and steal the battery out of your car type junky.

YMMV
I'd say that's par for the course. My mileage varied little.

Heroin has a half-life of 3 to 5 minutes. Seriously. Then it converts to morphine. Since most heroin has a very low purity rate due to greedy dealers, just use pharmaceutical grade morphine, like MS Contin or Kapanol. Then you know what ya gettin' and can't get ripped off. It's the best way to go ;)

Disclaimer: Very addictive though and best to avoid altogether.

Hey guys,

Yeah this isn't going so well. Around 6 months ago i was opiate free and was under the impression opiates would no longer work for me, aafter unsuccessfully getting high on codeine several times. I think my body was having a hard time replenishing the required enzymes, possibly triggered by liver damage.
This last six months have been bad, im a student studying a hard subject at a good university, but my motivation has nose dived. I used to work 2-4 times a week at a job but now i cannot be bothered, my boss might put me on one shift a fortnight if im lucky. I cant talk to anyone about my drug habits, no one i know is interested in drugs and if i told anyone i did heroin they probably wouldn't believe me.
Everytime something bad happens i turn to opiates, i got a midterm tomorrow and i havent done hardly any study compared to what i usually do. Its like im setting myself up for failure , so i have an excuse to get high. I'm brainwashing myself thinking i can handle the hardest shit without getting hooked. Nah i smarter than that, im stronger than that i will tell myself. I got control over this, this is nothing, its not doing damage mentally or physically I'll trick myself over and over again.
But alas its not over yet, i just bought some 80mg oxies, just in time for the failed test tomorrow. I really think talking talking through this with you all can help me out some. Thanks if youre still reading, peace.

I have been there. I used opiates to get through a difficult home life when I was young. It made everything so much easier...until it didn't. At the point things began to implode around me, I was actually not using....It led me to use to cover those feelings as it was easier to be numb than to feel them.

Don't walk down this path...its confusing and dangerous. Study for your exams, make better friends, play low g man for original nintendo. Do something!!!!! I wish someone had come along and said that to me....DO SOMETHING!!!! Instead I used opiates. You don't have to. You are at the justification stage of addiction, bordering on denial. next is maintenance, then contemplation, then actively trying to stay sober.

You would be surprised at how many people would believe you and how many people you know that have a pill problem. Ugh I am rambling.

Anyways, you will do fine in life if you just follow this simple rule. Only drink brown liquors...er that wasn't the one. The only failure is when you give up. yeah thats the ticket!!! Don't give up, you can beat this shit. It is hard but is anything in life easy, and if it was it wouldn't be worth doing....kinda like trying to land a high maintenance girl instead of waiting for the lights to go on at 2am at the bar and taking home whichever girl looks least like a tranny.

Hopefully you find my musings helpful. If you don't do whats right this time, just do the next right thing.

you make no sense, dude. you take it 6x's a month? meaning the other 24 days (lets say 30 day month) you are sober? if that were the case, then the heroin would lay you on you ass; or at least get a good buzz. either way, you are going down the wrong path; you shouldnt be upset that its not working for you; be happy that it is steering you in a different direction.

you are at the point where you feel everything is BETTER ON OPIATES! that is no good, man. yes, take your oxy's and do them tonight and get through that test/quiz tomorrow, but from there I would seriously rethink life and what you are doing. trust me, man. I am 32 and have battled since I was 18; I am finally somewhat sober, on suboxone, and life has changed. I was once in your shoes and within 2-3 years I had a needle in the arm daily, lost every dollar I've ever made/had, jail, rehabs, detoxes, ER, psych wards and all the more. its been a fucking crazy ride, man. smarten up now while youre still young and are not PHYSICALLY addicted yet.

Tolerance always comes back once you lay off for a while. The best highs I have are during the rare occasions when I have the self control to take a break for a week or so. If you can take a break for a month, even better. But the more heroin (or whatever opiate) you do, the less high you will get. I've had a habit of 3 grams a day for a long time and I hardly ever got high. Then I took a month off, reset myself and dropped my habit to .2-.4 grams a day (roughly two shots, sometime three, sometimes one) and I got super high every shot. it was way better than having a stupid high tolerance trying to chase the rush. it was like what I always wanted my heroin use to be like. You just have to resist increasing your dose to chase the high, Believe it or not, if you keep it that low, you will still continue to get high, you won't need to increase the dose, although you'll still have the desire to. Just don't do it!

Of course, I wouldn't suggest you switch to heroin. In fact I wouldn't suggest you keep up your opiate use at all. It sounds like it's doing nothing good for your life and it's subtle, negative side effects are already sneaking into your life and destroying it. If you keep it up you will start failing tests, then classes, then you'll be forced to change majors, and eventually drop out of college. Don't destroy your life. It makes me sad to think of you going through that, especially since you seem to have a lot of potential if your in a good school with a good major. Are opiates more important that your education? Your future career? Providing for your future family? Or even having a family? Because you won't have any of those things if you let this continue, even at the rate it's going. Stagnation is the same as deteriorating. I'm would never say to anyone you have to quite opiates or drugs all together to get off your current path. But you do need to make a drastic, uncomfortable change and make opiates one of the lest important things in your life. Maybe it's possible for you to use just on the weekends and you can continue to have your cake and eat it too. You're the only one who knows what you're capable of. But I think you need to start by changing the questions your asking. Rather than worrying about your future heroin use, worry about your future life and not allowing heroin or opiates to destroy it. Because you are right about one thing, you're lying to yourself if you try to say you're stronger or smarter... thinking that way will only make you fall harder. Choose life. For real.

Yeah great replies guys, its really making me rethink my decisions. To be perfectly honest I think I want to ruin my life so I can commit suicide. I have had a hard time finding meaning in my life and I look very fondly towards death, my philosophy says if life is painful then there is no reason why you shouldn't resort to peace instead.
I'm scared for my future, im scared about my career, I don't want kids because I hate this reality I live in, I wouldn't wish life upon anyone. I've been thinking like this ever since I had a crazy strong mushroom trip, I thought I was going to be tortured to death that night. I experience drug induced psychosis when I take psychs, I don't take them anymore. I feel like I have figured out too much of the evil in this world, too much of the flaws in life and our society to be happy again and find true passions. I am so lost I just don't know what to do so I just keep living.
Sorry this had to turn so dark, its 6am I really need to get some sleep..

I feel alot of what you feel man but the opiates will only make it worse in the end I promise. I've been battling staying sober for about 5 years now. It is mental toture and it's rough and I would like all the pain to end as well. It's sad but I always hope I just never wake up somedays.

I know youre hurting. In a sense all of us are but I can't tell you what to do,only you can decide what's best. I wish you the best of luck man.

believe it or not, but the darkness does pass; I've been there, I've done that. I used dope to get me through the early days because I though it killed the feelings and the emotions but it only killed my veins and almost myself; I've OD'd a number of times; woken up on the floor of my apt w/ a needle still in arm, etc.

there comes a day when you wake up and life is different; whether its meeting the right person, doing a certain thing w/ life, changing fiends, whatever. it could be one of so many things but doing those drugs only delays the process, believe me.

I am finally on a steady path and I smile daily and I stand behind hit; no longer that fake smile to make people things are OK meanwhile I want to be dead; I am actually happy w/ life, w/ what I am doing/going and everything else; you HAVE TO STAY POSITIVE, MAN!

dude, you are in college; believe it or not, that many people would kill for that chance. many of us junkies are out way before the college years or never even had a chance to go - DONT RUIN IT NOW! you are young.. very young, believe it or not. so smarten the fuck up while you still can. take it from me - I ruined my life for many, many years and I will never get those back - you will have those, so smarten up and make something happen. just go w/ the flow, dont think too much about the future and what it holds,etc. everything will fall into place as long as you go down the RIGHT PATH and do not have drugs overcome your life.

I had a death wish and knowingly used a needle that was just used by someone that had hep c. I was doing massive amounts of opiates and for some reason am still alive.I've been in rehabs and prison and never thought life would be worth living.I never thought I'd make it into my 30's(even hoped I wouldn't). But then life changed out of nowhere. I met my future wife had beautiful children and want to live. I got cured of my hep c stopped shooting dope and things have been incredible. I still miss my DOC at times but realize I can't live a meaningful life with it. Please dude take it from someone that's been there and as corny as it sounds as long as there is life there's hope. You never know when that life changing moment is around the corner. I'm 41 now and life isn't always a bowl of cherries but I have a reason(4 including myself) to live and am so glad I didn't end up like many of my friends(dead way to young). Get some help,please!