• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I doing my CWEs right?

Inso

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I'm aware there will be a million past threads on this, but there is a lot of conflicting info online so I wanted to share my particular technique so far.

I did this:

- crushed up 7 tablets of 30mg codeine/500mg paracetamol (acetaminophen to you yanks), until they were close to powder
- poured this into ~200mg of cold water
- stirred vigorously
- poured slowly through 4 layers of kitchen roll into another glass

Now my result has ranged from totally clear, clear with a touch of cloudiness, or clear with a few floating specks in. The one I just took was the third.

Am I doing this right? I get lots of white powder left on the tissue paper and sediment in the bottom of the mix glass, so clearly lots of the bad stuff is being removed?

I'd never do this with the smaller codeine pills, where you have to crush about 20 of them. Would be too scared!

Hey, you mean 200mL right? Shouldn't need to use that much water. Just enough to cover the tablets is okay. If using paper towel to filter, just make sure that the paper doesn't tear -it shouldn't- but it can if left for a long time.

I found cwe works better with some brands than others. Sometimes it comes out cloudy, but if it might just be fillers.

I wouldn't even waste my time doing a CWE on 7 tablets, I'd just take them if it was a one time, or only occasional thing. If u do it everyday then ya CWE.

Here's I used to CWE Percocet,Tylenol 3 etc-

Crush/grind Pills (I'd usually use 45 Percocet at a time as I would procure 90 every month)

Put powder in a glass and cover with 200 mls of ICE COLD water. (Since ur not using as many pills u can use 100 mls of water probably)

Stir the mixture vigorously. Let sit in the fridge until the apap and fillers sink to the bottom.

Wet to coffee filters and place them one over the other over an empty glass, make an indentation so the water can collect and filter.

While being careful not to disturb the sediment, pour the solution through the filter.

This method should yield a rather clear liquid after a first filter, but feel free to filter again if needed or wanted

I wouldn't even waste my time doing a CWE on 7 tablets, I'd just take them if it was a one time, or only occasional thing. If u do it everyday then ya CWE.

Here's I used to CWE Percocet,Tylenol 3 etc-

Crush/grind Pills (I'd usually use 45 Percocet at a time as I would procure 90 every month)

Put powder in a glass and cover with 200 mls of ICE COLD water. (Since ur not using as many pills u can use 100 mls of water probably)

Stir the mixture vigorously. Let sit in the fridge until the apap and fillers sink to the bottom.

Wet to coffee filters and place them one over the other over an empty glass, make an indentation so the water can collect and filter.

While being careful not to disturb the sediment, pour the solution through the filter.

This method should yield a rather clear liquid after a first filter, but feel free to filter again if needed or wanted

Thanks, that is helpful. I tried coffee filters it didn't seem to work very well, I think paper towels are fine they are the good quality thick strong ones.

3500mg is not an insignificant amount of Acet, I know it isn't going to kill me but I'd rather CWE them since I do want to do this on a regular basis. Got a nice regular supply of the ones with 30mg codeine in each so very high doses will be achievable, hehe.

Hey, you mean 200mL right? Shouldn't need to use that much water. Just enough to cover the tablets is okay. If using paper towel to filter, just make sure that the paper doesn't tear -it shouldn't- but it can if left for a long time.

I found cwe works better with some brands than others. Sometimes it comes out cloudy, but if it might just be fillers.

Yes 200ml lol. I will try less water next time, I also read somewhere else that it's best to use only a tiny amount.

yea i usually stick to 50ml of water or max 100ml when i do cwe I'm a regular user as i hate paracetomol so I'm pretty advanced. I stick to say 150mg or sometimes 300mg daily as i get 30/500 x200 per month along with cheap ones i get from shops, all the best and stay safe.;)

oh btw good quality kitchen towel is much better than paper coffee filters in my opinion

200 ml of cold water roughly enough to disolve like almost all of the apap so yes

I also read somewhere else that it's best to use only a tiny amount.

Yes, best to use as little water as necessary and it is suggested to use cool water as well. That way, you'll dissolve the least amount of paracetamol as possible and it will be quicker to filter too.

Hi all,

I'm aware there will be a million past threads on this, but there is a lot of conflicting info online so I wanted to share my particular technique so far.

I did this:

- crushed up 7 tablets of 30mg codeine/500mg paracetamol (acetaminophen to you yanks), until they were close to powder
- stirred vigorously
- poured slowly through 4 layers of kitchen roll into another glass

Now my result has ranged from totally clear, clear with a touch of cloudiness, or clear with a few floating specks in. The one I just took was the third.

Am I doing this right? I get lots of white powder left on the tissue paper and sediment in the bottom of the mix glass, so clearly lots of the bad stuff is being removed?

I'd never do this with the smaller codeine pills, where you have to crush about 20 of them. Would be too scared!

Technique is fine, but there's no need to crush the pills. They will dissolve in water at varying rates. I've gotten to know which brands dissolve faster, and usually stick to those. There are types that will dissolve almost instantly, I feel you could whisper the word 'water' to them and they would discombobulate. Codeine will dissolve rapidly in room temperature water. I can get a CWE that is pretty much clear within in 10 minutes of buying the pills.

It doesn't really make a difference how many pills you use, I've CWE'd 120 at a time and "lived". Paracetemol is only mildly soluble in water; if you keep the amount of water relatively low, you won't get too much shitty stuff in the CWE. I recall reading that 100ml of water can dissolve 1 gram of paracetemol.

I use very thick bed sheets more often then not. I can squeeze the shit out of them and retain a clear solution, though I filter twice to get rid of suspended death-particles. I've never had any success using paper towel, does it not rip? Did for me, same with coffee filters.

I use coffee filters and paper towels to filter my concentrated coffee. Paper towels have bigger spaces in them then a coffee filter. Typically when I use the paper towel it gets most of the stuff then a coffee filter with one then two. But that's for coffee not codeine. It slowly drops through just put a rubber band around a cup pour a few ml wait few more it'll all go through in no time youight need a plate under the cup to catch the drip when you can just put back into the cup

So is this really hard to fuck up then?

I had a few white bits floating in my last one, that's not a worry is it?

There's so much white gunk on the paper towel, it must be working.

I did 210mg last night, then another 60 2hrs later, pretty awesome.

Only thing is I haven't taken a shit in 4 days...lol

back when I used to do CWE's I was always confused about this - if you use a very little amount of water how do you know all of the codeine has dissolved? Would you have to grind into a very very find powder? I always wondered if those tiny, tiny little 'rocks' from the pill would have a large amount of codeine in them so that the codeine never got dissolved because it's not in contact with water.

Not sure if question is clear so lemme use an analogy - imagine a balloon filled with powder codeine that you put in a water tank. The codeine would never actually be dissolved because it doesn't come in to contact with water (the balloon being fillers) but on a molecular level...

Yep there's so much different info out there Fidelity, there are even guides that say warm water should be used and the result should be thick and cloudy?!

This method seems the most logical and the extraction of paracetamol is very much visible, so I am sticking to it.

Am staying in tonight and thinking of going for a 10 pill extraction. This is very addictive, thankfully I have only 16 pills left and cannot obtain any more for a few weeks. My first experience with higher dose opiates, and it's the weakest one, like fuck I'm ever going near any strong opiates...

If your esally worried ive never used opiates but i do alot of extraction chemistry i would use nearly boiling water im a closed water bottle and shake if gently like earth up ans down or spining it shouldnt matter. If yournreaally concernedmstarch swells so id use 30 percent anddr it off at 80 c 5 times so ypumhave a cloudy solution of codeine phosphphate and apap then cool it so its 20 celceius then filter itnwith a coffe dilternthwn

Thanks d1nach, I'll keep that in mind.

Just did 8 pills and it came out well. I used less water this time, about 100ml or so i think. Came out totally clear with a very mild greyness to it.

Yep there's so much different info out there Fidelity, there are even guides that say warm water should be used and the result should be thick and cloudy?! ...

No way. Cloudy to some extent but not thick! It shouod be transparent, slighty murky but I only drink it if light shines through.

Warm water will help to dissolve but will also dissolve more paracetamol. You can always cool it down again, precipitate out some paracetamol and refilter.

Tap water is fine.

Thanks d1nach, I'll keep that in mind.

Just did 8 pills and it came out well. I used less water this time, about 100ml or so i think. Came out totally clear with a very mild greyness to it.

100ml for 8 pills is too much imo, 20ml should be enough. 1g of codeine is soluble in around 0.7ml water at 21°C