• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

AM-2201: storage in solution for easy oral dosing?

lurching

Bluelighter
hello! what would be a suitable way of storing the cannabinoid AM-2201 in a liquid?
ideally, i'd like have this good ol' jar of AM-2201 juice that i can dig into and dose precisely from with an oral syringe.

i noticed that it dissolves well in oil (kitchen olive oil, ahem), and after microwaving the oil for about 2 minutes, i chugged it, and the effects were very pleasant and surprisingly potent: at 10 to 20mg it felt similar to eating half a gram of good hash (also dissolved in oil)--but maybe slightly shorter lasting, and with its own sort of cannabinoid flavor..

now, does this mean i can just fill up a container with oil and dump a gram (or more) of AM-2201 in there? would it make a nice homogeneous solution? i'd guess that i need to heat the solution for the AM-2201 to become active, because that's how it works with hash for me, although i'm still not sure on why that works that way :/

any suggestions appreciated, i'd like to do this right & not end up with a sloppily dissolved oil that might give me a huge overdose of a drug this potent!

i highly suggest using a short-chain fat for oral dosing of any natural or synthetic cannabinoid.

short chain fats are transported directly to the liver for conversion into energy, while longer chains hang out in the gut for more time and may cause a slower onset. this means that any drugs dissolved in short chain fats will enter the bloodstream more quickly and be metabolized more uniformly, regardless of other stomach contents.

short chain fats are found in milkfat (butter) or coconut oil (the white fat, not palm kernel oil)

You say 10-20mg of AM-2201 is a good oral dose for you. So let's make a batch of brownies! One batch makes 12 pieces, so 20*12 = 240mg of AM-2201. Place one stick (half cup) of real milkfat butter (NOT MARGARINE!) into a medium pan over low heat. When the butter is melted, stir in the 240mg of cannabinoid. Continue stirring and heating, being careful not to burn the butter. You should notice a simmering action as water is driven off. When this slows down (most of the water is gone) you should not be able to see any remaining solids of AM-2201. Take the pan off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.

When the butter is cool, follow the directions on a box of brownie mix (powder, water, oil, eggs), but instead of oil use your high-potency butter. Mix well and place into a pan and bake according to directions. Avoid licking the bowl until the brownies are OUT of the oven and CUT into doses-- trying to remember calculations is NOT a good idea while you are very high.

Cut the pan into 12 equal brownies. Wrap each brownie individually in plastic and place a BOLD warning label on EACH brownie that reads "20mg AM-2201 = ONE FULL DOSE". Do not eat more than one brownie in an hour! I have seem people get in trouble because the flavor was so good they finished off half a pan before it started to hit! Also remember to only offer 1/4 of a brownie (5mg of cannabinoid) to a first-timer with edibles, a first-timer with AM-2201, or a first-timer to this particular batch!

Dissolved in milkfat, the comeup should begin in about 15 minutes from ingestion, peaking at about 1 hour. Plateau and comedown time will largely depend on your specific choice of cannabinoid.

hey thanks! ok, i heard about the difference in fats, but this makes it clear. i have been eating hash for maybe 10 years now. lately i put the crumbled hash in sunflower or olive oil or butter or whatever i have on hand (honestly never noticed much difference in onset!). and then i microwave it and chug it. real simple and done in just a matter of minutes.

why this crude method? because back in the day, i used to make muffins with hash (simmer butter and hash for an hour or two, and use in muffin dough), i'd make batches of 20 strong one-gram muffins, and i'd freeze them to make them last.

but that was a pain in the ass and i hated the taste of old stale defrosted muffin, especially the many week old ones eh!

no, what i'm looking for is just a sure-fire way to homogeneously dissolve the AM-2201 into a liquid (oil or alcohol: which solvent is more efficient?). this seems to me like it's the least hassle and makes for the easiest dosing. (i hated carrying muffins around!)

oil is better than alcohol.

Personally, JWH-018 dissolved in olive oil was nowhere near as potent or effective as the same JWH-018 dissolved in milkfat. But if you find the effects profile of olive oil to be OK for you, then you can simple dissolve your AM-2201 in olive oil and dose orally that way.

The reason I suggest brownies is because any container of multiple doses is an accident waiting to happen, but as long as you label your bottle appropriately you should be OK to store 20 doses worth in olive oil.

Use your hash method to add AM-2201 to oil, heating in the microwave should be OK to make sure all of the cannabinoid dissolves into the oil. To avoid overdose, ONLY remove oil from the container using a graduated measuring device (needle-less syringe) and avoid the bottom of the container which may have small particles of undissolved AM-2201 remaining.

hmm, but if i use butter, then it's harder to carry it with me (hey, it's summer here). i might just use olive/sunflower oil, since AM-2201 is quite short lasting anyway (and might even benefit from the slower metabolism) and i can store it in a classy bottle! i'll just make a tester bottle, half size with half a gram or so. this stuff is already insanely good value for money, and i say that living in amsterdam =D

AM-2201 is a CANNABINOID, therefore it fits in the cannabis section, on what grounds did you figure this fits here?

^i think cannabanoids go in here not cannabis discussion...

@OP, green meenie knows what he's talking about. fwiw, i've never had any luck dissolving synthetics into alcohol.

so you really found am-2201 to be shortlived?

^ CANNABInoids CANNABIs
see a correlation there?
Why in fuck would you even think cannabinoids belong in psychedelic discussion?

wow! i wasn't 100% sure where to put this thread (i thought of BDD and Cannabis Discussion as well), but decided to put it here because it saw other cannabinoid threads in this section.

if you are so offended by the thread's misplacement, i can ask to have it moved?

compared to regular hash, yes, i think it is a bit more shortlived (when dosed orally). has a more rapid onset as well, AM-2201 reaches the peak quicker.

thanks for that. i've heard people say its super long-lived and i considered purchasing some but im glad i didnt bother if it doesnt last any longer than real weed.

@The Network
i really can't be bothered to search up evidence for you but a month or two ago the mods decided they want non-plant cannabinoid discussion in here.
keep being an asshole tho. i love it when people rage and are DEAD WRONG.

yeah, i don't think i've made any "double posts" in this thread.
not sure where all this rage comes from tbh, it's a bit odd.

but yeah, if anyone has any more information on the solubility of this stuff, please post up!

thanks for that. i've heard people say its super long-lived and i considered purchasing some but im glad i didnt bother if it doesnt last any longer than real weed.

@The Network
i really can't be bothered to search up evidence for you but a month or two ago the mods decided they want non-plant cannabinoid discussion in here.
keep being an asshole tho. i love it when people rage and are DEAD WRONG.

Mhm, you have an issue about cannabinoids, PM a CD mod and any one of them will tell you cannabinoids, regardless of whether they're man made or naturally occurring, belong in CD.

Please stop cluttering up this thread with nonsense, The Network.

There are numerous cannabinoid threads in PD, just as there are numerous (non-MDMA) empathogen/entactogen threads here as well. I can't find it myself, but I do recall reading something about PD mods trying to keep things as they are here.

Cannabinoid threads in CD usually end up being "I smoked this herbal blend and tripped the fuck out, why?" type of questions, which cannot be answered and only add to the misinformation and hype surrounding unknown blends.

Discussion about pure chemicals of (reasonably) certain identity should probably stay here. The overall mood of this forum is one of responsible dosing (this means using a scale!) and description of subjective effects. CD forum is mostly just a place for stoners to hang out ;) and discussions of solubility and binding affinities get lost in the mix of "which new Dre song is the best?"

Perhaps it is because the name of Psychedelic Drugs Forum has become a bit misleading-- this forum (and ADD) are where the forefront of Research Chemical discovery is going on. These are dangerous waters, and are not for the casual smoker.

Sure, it would make a lot more sense if we could divide each forum into subforums and subsubforums to keep things separate, but for the time being I'm happy with the inclusion of JWH-018 and bk-MDMA into this forum instead of CD or ED respectively. Perhaps it's partly the global climate on drug laws that seems to separate the "web-order-drugs" from the "street drugs", but that is always changing as well.

If this question had been asked in CD, do you really think it would have gotten answered with any clarity?

before making this thread, i did a search for AM-2201 and the most relevant hit (the biggest thread) was posted in this forum (PD). but like i said, if it gets your panties all bunched up and if you're really passionate about it, then i'd gladly ask a moderator to do something about it.

please let's get back to the main question, wherever it may be: what is the best way of making a homogeneous ('active') solution of AM-2201--or, who has experience with oral AM-2201 at all?

chill out the network, synth noids used to be disscused here some time ago...
and to me personaly seems a better place as i have noticed a kind of prejudice towards synth noids in the canabis discusions