• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Alternative Stimulant to Methamphetamine

rainduck11

Greenlighter
Hi there I'm 23 years old and have been using stimulants quite often since I was 16 tears of age for the last 2 years I've been taking methamphetamine orally 5 out of 7 days a week. A lot of long term meth users I see around me even for a consistent 10 or 15 years have severe permanent features that clearly make them look like old tweakers, not even mentioning the neurotoxicity or the . With work and school and back to work right now I'm not planning on quitting my daily oral stimulant intake, I guess my question is what is a "healthier" stimulant I can switch to that will provide me with the benefits methamphetamine brings me that isn't going to trash my body inside and out before I'm 30. Thank you so much for all of your responses and knowledge or incite is greatly appreciated.

-Rainduck11

Hey there @rainduck11 welcome to BL.

Is there a reason you feel you need to take meth or an equivalent stimulant just to do regular daily things like school and work? Do you have some underlying untreated condition like ADHD that makes it difficult for you to function without it? Or is it just a personal preference?

Thank you @CFC. I'm sure there may me some underlying ADHD, I'm not sure to be honest and at the reasoning behind my current daily dosing of crystal is the same reason I've always craved/gravitated towards stimulant and amphetamines. I feel more like myself while under the influence of amphetamines. More productive and more dedicated, work ethic, even my vocabulary level, writing abilities, ability to empathize, and information retention and reading comprehension. I still have the same thoughts and ambitions when off the amphetamines, sober I just feel that I'm only excerpting 1/3 of my potential in the things listed above. And even at 1/3 capacity my depression is so bad I feel as if I can't mentally surpass a fraction of my true potential without stimulant help. Meth is just insanely physically and mentally deteriorating.

That sense of "feeling more like myself' is a very common response from people with ADHD. So presuming you are really self medicating for ADHD you could think about doing what a doc (in Australia anyway) would do which is first try you on Methylphenidate (Ritalin) and if that does not work effectively or you don't like the sometimes jittery side effects, dexamphetamine. Both drugs are a lot more mental (in a good way) than meth without the body euphoric pro-sexual effects meth can have in decent doses. Plus their risk profile for neurotoxicity is far lower. Many people take them without going crazy on redosing and craving like they do with meth. For the methylphenidate you can also consider an analogue called 4f-MPH. I personally have not tried it, but I have heard very good things about it here on BL when I was looking for an alternative to meth and dex. For the Dex it is possible to find pharmaceutical dex around the place but don't make the mistake of thinking street speed is the same thing.

If I were you I'd try and get a diagnosis for ADHD and get a script for either Ritalin or Dex since you obviously don't want to be using them in abusive amounts.

I guess my question is what is a "healthier" stimulant I can switch to that will provide me with the benefits methamphetamine brings me that isn't going to trash my body inside and out before I'm 30?"
No lol.
I mean if there were some kind of guilt-free miracle drug out there that offered comparable effects on people's CNS without all that annoying fine print about "long term brain damage", and "organ failure", the whole world would know about it.

You gotta pay to play, stop trying to cheat the system lol

That sense of "feeling more like myself' is a very common response from people with ADHD

Ive always wondered about that. As far as I know I do not have ADHD though I've never been tested for it so maybe it's possible but Ive never had any reason to suspect that I do.

However I get that exact same sense from stimulants. I don't think it's too uncommon for other non adhd people either maybe? Or perhaps there is some yet undefined condition that I suffer from that stimulants fix, so I feel the same way for the same reason (finally having the needed medication) but medical science just don't yet know what the condition is exactly. I'm not sure what condition this would be, I'm fairly 'normal' except for maybe my massive propensity to both self medicate drugs and abuse the living shit out of drugs (most especially of the stimulant variety). Perhaps it just is what it is (I am just an addict and there is nothing more to it than that) or maybe it is some unknown condition that leads me to being more susceptible to stimulant use and abuse.

Ok sorry I'm probably rambling worthless nonsense. Too much coffee and 4f-mph earlier.... I'm shutting up now.

Hey there @rainduck11 welcome to BL.

Is there a reason you feel you need to take meth or an equivalent stimulant just to do regular daily things like school and work? Do you have some underlying untreated condition like ADHD that makes it difficult for you to function without it? Or is it just a personal preference?
You could ask the same thing about heroin users who swear they can only function with bupe/methadone. Fent/heroin and meth have nearly identical relapse rates, so why should opiate users get MAT and stimulant users are left out to dry?

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but perhaps not having tried both Ritalin and 4fRitalin is there a massive difference between them apart from potency?

Many countries still do not offer opioid substitution programmes.

And you could argue that it is better to be a stimulant addict in a more ADHD happy prescription country than it is to be a methadone patient in a country where your ability to get your daily methadone dose AND work a normal job with normal hours are simply not compatible.

However this is quite specific to me and my doctor at the moment.

Regarding stim abuse and medical substitution I know several treatment are being investigated for mainly cocaine and methamphetamine. It could be a long way down the line before we see actual formulations available.

I do know in the UK medicinal vials of methamphetamine were available for a short time in an effort to curb intravenous amphetamine sulphate abuse.

I think they were too low dosed so did not take off or really happen to be very effective for large habits. Ask @F.U.B.A.R. for more info. I am not in the UK.

There have been stimulant substitution programs trialled in Australia. Usually for younger people who IV meth and engage in risky sexual activity. The trials have usually involved 30-70 mg dexamfetamine per day.

I’ve found that dose can hold meth at bay in my own trials and its the actual smoking or shooting rather than a physical craving that pulls you back in.

Thank you @CFC. I'm sure there may me some underlying ADHD, I'm not sure to be honest and at the reasoning behind my current daily dosing of crystal is the same reason I've always craved/gravitated towards stimulant and amphetamines. I feel more like myself while under the influence of amphetamines. More productive and more dedicated, work ethic, even my vocabulary level, writing abilities, ability to empathize, and information retention and reading comprehension. I still have the same thoughts and ambitions when off the amphetamines, sober I just feel that I'm only excerpting 1/3 of my potential in the things listed above. And even at 1/3 capacity my depression is so bad I feel as if I can't mentally surpass a fraction of my true potential without stimulant help. Meth is just insanely physically and mentally deteriorating.

The thing is, many 'normal' folks also say they feel more like themselves, more productive, empathetic, articulate etc on stimulants. So I'd be wary about relying on that to assume you may have ADHD. You appear to struggle with depression, and stimulants are known to be highly effective antidepressants in many circumstances. And one of the side-effects of alleviating depression is all the positive indicators you mention.

So given how physically and mentally damaging you find the meth to be (a situation which is not likely to be improved merely by switching to another equally addicting stimulant, btw) I would instead suggest you look into getting appropriate treatment for the depression first and foremost. It will probably take some time to find a medication that works for you, but it's likely to leave you in a much better place in the long run than risking stimulant harms and addiction.

A caffeinated beverage enriched with taurine, such a Red Bull or Monster, works wonders for me. It gives me the same kind of stimulation that methamphetamine does at a more reasonable and less intensive level. It keeps me focused and alert without the hyper focus and hypervigilance you get from meth. On top of that, it completely curbs my cravings.

You need to be careful with how much you drink in an hour and be mindful of the time of day or it will keep you up all night. It's still possible to tweak and overamp on energy drinks, and can cause hallucinations, anxiety, and paranoia if drank in excess. I've noticed that energy drinks have a less intense version of a methamphetamine comedown. The severity of the comedown depends on how much you've been drinking.

I wouldn't recommend caffeine pills. They don't hit right without the taurine added to the mix. It will make me hyperactive enough that people who know about my lifestyle will accuse me of being high on meth, but it doesn't seem to help my brain function any better.

^
You do realise taurine is more of a downer than an upper right?

That being said it's the ingredient that makes me appreciate energy drinks.

if you fell normal on meth like your in control of your life with it you possibly have a case of Add/Adhd.
I was diagnosed with combined Adhd at the age of 2 and struggled most of my life with it am 35 now.
when i was younger they gave up to 60mg of ritalin instants but it ran out far to quickly my mum was never offered dexamfetamine back then.
roll on when im 20 and have had stopped any and all meds and was a weed smoker to help control it,
i had a girlfriend from chec republic at the time and she and i had finished a night out dinner etc and she offered me something called Pico.
turns out pico was meth. she was expecting me to fuck her like god knows what instead i felt like a normal person i felt calm and at ease.
instead of fucking the girl friend i googled whats she called pico and from that whole night she called me weird while i stayed up most of the night reading a ebook from start to finish about desoyn and its effects on adhd.
we split up a week later but not till i had her contacts number and 1.5g of crystal off him per week.
i started doing well in my work and managed to become a manager at my work place, i stopped being stressed all the time and hyperactive, i was able to make friends and have good social contact with my family where i couldnt before,
meth sorted my life out for the better.
roll on 4 years of taking and my contact got nicked in europe coming over a boarder crossing and got who knows how many years, i live in uk.
with no meth my adhd went totally out of control. i lost my job friends and couldnt control myself.
i had my local gp help me get back in contact with adult adhd services and seeing as i had my childhood records that my mother had keeped was put on the service.
they put me on ritalin and didnt understand how at 100mg per day it would last in my system.
i got sick of it and took 500mg in one day and guess what no damage done and when i walked into adhd center they couldnt believe i want dead after blood tests.
they then tried concerta same issue never worked well or lasted longer.
they new my history with meth and i had done my research and asked for dexamfetamine which they would give me.
i ended up moving a 100 miles closer to my family in a city for support and better adhd services.
i gave them all my medical history told them about all my drug past and they gave me a chance.
long story short after playing about with dosing over 6 months im now on x2 70mg elvance ( lisdesamfetamine) and 25mg of instant dexamfetamine per day.
yes i am well aware im past the recommened maximum they give to most adhd'ers but as i got told im a rare case only meet one other on same dose as me and she is a female but instead of meth her control was coke,
coke has no effect on me same as crack i feel nothing off them.
turns out even those desyoxn is made in uk before being shipped to usa i found out. i had asked if i could ever change to it and got told unless i went private the nhs wouldnt give me it and would cost upwards off £800+ per month per prescription.
now dont get me wrong im stable and in control of my life now however i will never be fully in control like i was on meth.
meth to my type of Adhd was like the limitless pill in limitless movie it made everything get into place for life.
but moral of my story to Op is if you fell anything like i did on meth there is a big chance you have Add/Adhd i would highly recommend you get it diagnosed and get on the legal prescription that way your on the right side of the law and will get any help you need if required plus it will feel better on your pocket.
Anyway take care and all the best to you buddy.
Rik

Dextroamphetamime, See if you can get a prescription, if you can't, you can buy it online, it's absurdly cheap. I also know a friend that successful switched to methylphenidate but me personally I can't stand that stuff.

Slightly off topic but perhaps not having tried both Ritalin and 4fRitalin is there a massive difference between them apart from potency?
I recently experimented with Ritalin and 4F-Ritalin and I would say that 15mg 4F when compared to 20mg Ritalin is more euphoric (not in a crazy way, just a solid mood boost), feels more ‘high’, slight enhanced bodily sensations, very chatty, very energetic. It is also considerably more long lasting and has a very stable, long peak and a gentle comedown while the Ritalin comedown comes fast and can leave me a bit irritated and agitated. This is all subjective of course and I have only used it a couple of times. It could be largely related to the potency difference but in my opinion 4F is clearly superior in recreational value.

Regular amphetamine, methylphenidate, strattera, bupropion, pretty much anything would be a healthier alternative to meth as it is neurotoxic

4F-MPH is approx 3.33 X more potent that standard MPH (Ritalin) at inhibiting the dopamine transporter

So 15mg of 4F-MPH could be equal to 35/40mg Ritalin…roughly, and has a slightly longer duration of action

MPH is 3-4 hours
4F-MPH is 5-8 hours

A lot of people have stated standard Methylphenidate/Ritalin is MUCH more euphoric than 4F-MPH.

D-Ethylphenidate is Very euphoric as well

when you co-ingest Ritalin & Alcohol it’s the inactive isomer L-Ethylphenidate & Ritalinic Acid which is produced btw

I would have to say standard Dextro-Amphetamine (Dexedrine) or d-MPH (Focalin) would be the most highly desirable. If you can’t easily obtain Focalin your body can make it by co-ingesting Ritalin & Alcohol (which increases d-MPH by 40% and early exposure to euphoric effects) a meal also speeds absorption of d-MPH along with ethanol.

hi....ive used speed tens of years..but changed that to MPH,medikine,equasym,conserta and like this more than speed...
in finland they often mix speed and meth but % of speed is often 20- 40%....
once measured like 5%.....shit like that goes iv. here.....