Writing-up Alter-Ego Study: Chicago area study on substance use and health (surveys conducted via zoom)

Alter-Ego Study

Greenlighter
Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago are conducting a study to learn more about the individual, social and geographic factors affecting health in young people aged 18 to 30 years old who live in the Chicago and surrounding areas (including South east Wisconsin, Northwest Indiana, and South West Michigan). The survey will ask questions about your experience with substance use, including prescription medicines, marijuana, and other drugs. For most people, the survey takes about 2-3 hours to complete.

Participants will have a chance to receive compensation for their time.
Your contact information will be kept separately from your survey responses to protect your privacy.

To learn more and to access the survey click here or here
Any valid inquiries are free to text or call (224)-442-3067 to reach the study coordinator, Monday through Friday, 9 am - 5pm.
This research has been approved by the University of Illinois at Chicago Institutional Review Board. The survey will be open from October 2018 to January 2021.

You may direct any questions about this study to the principal investigator, Dr. Basmattee Boodram, Associate Professor, Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 W. Taylor St., Chicago IL, 60612. Email: [email protected]

We are also announcing the addition of a sub study where we are seeking to understand any barriers that people might have into entering our research study. We are currently looking for new participants, anyone interested, that is from Chicago and surrounding areas (including South east Wisconsin, Northwest Indiana, and South West Michigan), can apply here

At this time all surveys will be conducted online, via video conferencing. Due to Covid-19 in person study activities have been suspended.

To learn more about Community Outreach Intervention Projects visit our web site: https://coip.uic.edu/
92720720_2710270455761712_8105432061621305344_o.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck with your research.

Interesting name Alter Ego.. If you want to share its origins I'm interested.

Welcome and good luck with your research.

Interesting name Alter Ego.. If you want to share its origins I'm interested.

Well for me at least, speaking for my PI here, the origin comes from a research method in which you look at the social connections of an individual, and access how those social interactions influence the health of the individual. This is one of the three things that we are looking at in our study, which is a reason why we chose Alter-Ego as the name of the study. We also thought it was catchy:).