• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Benzos Alprozalam - What's The Big Deal

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Hi.

Saw another post earlier today re: Valium asking much the same type of question so I figured why not ask my own.

I'm on, let's call it. a maintenance and prescription dose of 2mg Alprozalam daily. This I adhere to (most days anyway! Lol!). But I've been down the Alprozalam road before (a long time ago) and ended up on a much higher dosage. But my point is: using or abusing these things doesn't cause a "high" as I would describe a "high". The feeling is more of a "warm and fuzzy and cuddly" sensation rather than anything else (and I suppose that's the reason they work for anxiety). And a 1mg tablet costs the grand total of $0.22 USD (prescribed and OTC) so even abusing them wouldn't break the bank. But I cannot see the point UNLESS I'm missing something. I've seen threads here, for example in Australia, where Xanax bars of the same strength are being sold for a SHITPILE more than that and I'm just wondering what the point is or why. I mean to say: I'm not using them to abuse them but I'm interested to know if there's something I'm missing here. Only other thing I can say is that they seem to make your alcohol drinking sessions a little more interesting (you get the nod but when you wake up you can just keep on going again).

I will say this (and this I could understand):

I managed to make a Fentanyl concoction of my own and pretty much took an Alprozalam along with (fuck knows how much Fent.) at the same time. Now THAT I would consider a "high" and can see the point in making nice little Fentanyl coated Alprozalam candy! Lol! Cannot claim bragging rights here because I know there's one or two members that coat their Xanax bars with some Fent. and I guess that's what gave me the idea. Anyway: short of going to this trouble I'm wondering what the big deal is or if I'm missing something or some technique! Lol!

JoEhJoEh

Bluelighter
That means you can die, taking this combo. of course, the dosage makes the gift, but i would not fuck around with it.

JJ

dalpat077

Bluelighter
You know that benzodiazepines in combi with strong opiates can cause respiratory paralysis?

JJ
Hello.

Yip. Of that I'm well aware. I tend to do my research before mucking about with stuff I know little to nothing about. So I'm well versed in the drug interactions and warnings and contraindications between benzos. and Fent. and the like. But thanks for the concern and input (especially coming from you my uncontactible forum friend! Lol!).

dalpat077

Bluelighter
I suppose the real issue here is my little benzo. and Fent. "discovery" aside: what's the big deal about Alprozalam or Xanax on its own or, as I say, am I missing something (although in all fairness and full disclosure I spend my day looking forward to that next pill! Lol!).

Fire&Water

Bluelighter
They do Fuckall taken continuously
I consumed a 1 mg dose two days in a row around Xmas & was amazed at the pent up anxiety it reduced compared to when I used it on a semi regular basis 9 or 10 yrs ago.
Kind of the same way opiates work for pain.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Benzos are amazing (as I understand) for people with anxiety disorders, basically the removal of anxiety is the best high someone can have if they are always anxious. For those of us without anxiety disorders, benzos are boring drugs best used to halt an anxiety attack, or come down from drugs, or sleep. I remember the first time I tried Xanax, I was so excited because of the hype, and all I could think was that I must be missing something. But no, the benzo "high" is shit compared to almost all other drugs. They do serve a purpose though, I always keep etizolam on hand for drug comedowns and insomnia.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Benzos are amazing (as I understand) for people with anxiety disorders, basically the removal of anxiety is the best high someone can have if they are always anxious. For those of us without anxiety disorders, benzos are boring drugs best used to halt an anxiety attack, or come down from drugs, or sleep. I remember the first time I tried Xanax, I was so excited because of the hype, and all I could think was that I must be missing something. But no, the benzo "high" is shit compared to almost all other drugs. They do serve a purpose though, I always keep etizolam on hand for drug comedowns and insomnia.
Thanks for the reply. Sounds about right and pretty much echoes my thoughts on the matter of Xanax. In my case I wouldn't say I have an anxiety disorder i.e. more like extreme concern for the future financially (maybe that's a definition on anxiety?).

As I've noted on other threads though (which you may or may not have seen as yet): Benzo. tolerance builds quick and prior tolerance returns very quickly. That's what I've found anyway. Alprozalam used to put me in an almost euphoric state of drowsiness and a good night's sleep when I was taking them for about three years some years ago. Now they did this for only a few days i.e. best case they keep me calm in the day but still restless at night (even when aided and abetted with Zopiclone).

Anyway. Hoping it's all just temporary.

JoEhJoEh

Bluelighter
Thanks for the reply. Sounds about right and pretty much echoes my thoughts on the matter of Xanax. In my case I wouldn't say I have an anxiety disorder i.e. more like extreme concern for the future financially (maybe that's a definition on anxiety?).

As I've noted on other threads though (which you may or may not have seen as yet): Benzo. tolerance builds quick and prior tolerance returns very quickly. That's what I've found anyway. Alprozalam used to put me in an almost euphoric state of drowsiness and a good night's sleep when I was taking them for about three years some years ago. Now they did this for only a few days i.e. best case they keep me calm in the day but still restless at night (even when aided and abetted with Zopiclone).

Anyway. Hoping it's all just temporary.
Have you ever been to a psychiatrist with your problems?

JJ

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Have you ever been to a psychiatrist with your problems?

JJ
Yeh. Once. A long time ago. Waste of time. Hate to say it. But I don't believe these fucks give a damn. Ever watched the expressions on their face change one minute before the end of your session going from that caring "I understand and how concerned am I" look to "alright: time is up for this week"! Lol! And of course let you leave with a prescription for the antidepressant that's the flavor of the month and which may or may not work (all at a cost I might add). Sorry. Not much faith in them as you've no doubt gathered! Lol!

Besides. I'd have to say my so-called problems are more to do with the current situation of the world that we currently live in and the space I find myself in as opposed to mental issues per se. While it's true I have an addictive personality and will always be an addict (this in spite of never really being addicted to any substance or habitually using or craving any substance in my life with the exception of unknowingly being addicted to benzos. at one stage of my career). In other words: no these are not issues that a psychologist, psychoanalyst, or psychiatrist are going to solve. It's things I have to try remedy on my own or give up. The antidepressants and benzos. may just afford me the time and the positivity to at least try anyway.

But thank you for the interest shown and suggestion. Much appreciated.

JoEhJoEh

Bluelighter
yoou told me you want to put your problems onto my shoulders ?? NO!!! Im aways curios what happen te people and perhaps, ust perhaps i can help xou go on alitte bitö

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Hello again.
imo you need a psychotherapistAND a psychiatrist. no offense!
yoou told me you want to put your problems onto my shoulders ?? NO!!! Im aways curios what happen te people and perhaps, ust perhaps i can help xou go on alitte bitö
Ummmnnn... I think you're confusing me with somebody else maybe?

Unless you're referring to my wanting to contact you directly? That was not to cry on your shoulder. That was simply to discuss a certain website that you mentioned in a post of yours and was wondering if you would not have minded in giving me the details because I'm trying to build a business here.

Nevertheless: once again thanks for the concern and interest. And no offense taken at all. Have a nice night (although from what I gather in your early morning next day posts you usually do! Lol!).

JoEhJoEh

Bluelighter
I just wantet to tell you that no gp will prescibe ADHD-Meds. This is the Psychs tihing after a positive good diagnostic.

JJ

dalpat077

Bluelighter
I just wantet to tell you that no gp will prescibe ADHD-Meds. This is the Psychs tihing after a positive good diagnostic.

JJ
Hmmmnnn... In a perfect world maybe. And where and when did ADHD Meds. form a part of the conversation anyway? Lol!