• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case it wasn't clear enough, a slow taper is mandatory, there's no other way. Don't ever think about going cold turkey or rushing things too much!

The truth is your cognitive performance is secondary at this point, your priorities should be not dying and avoiding withdrawals, you can definitely do this but it's going to take some time (your future self will be glad you decided to taper sooner rather than later). You'll be alright cognitively speaking, as long as you manage to avoid going into WD (and specially seizures).

If you wanted to switch to diazepam you might need about 1g a day, so it's probably best to wait a bit before making the full switch.

Sober, congratulation's dalpat077.
Thanks a lot. I just figured everybody around here knew this.

Well if you discount 1mg or 2mg Alprazolam + 7.5mg Zopiclone at night, for the past year, to ensure that I sleep: then yeah. Sober! 🤣 Only started this crap because when COVID and the lockdowns came along it seriously did my head in.

Gave up a lengthy and illustrious Cocaine career about 2 decades or so ago. And other than my initial (unintended and unknown at the time) run in with Alprazolam some 10 or 11 years ago: limited to booze. Gave booze up in early 2019 as a bad job too i.e. just couldn't take the hangovers anymore is all. And that's about it. End of story. Not going to lie: I miss all if the truth be told. Just couldn't be bothered anymore. Been hankering after a nice drink for a while though so like an idiot, not too long ago, had about a half a bottle of nice Whisky. Took that to remind me of why I stopped drinking in the first place i.e. fucking three days of a hangover again! And didn't even enjoy it like I used to. So yeah. Sober. For what it's worth. I am not going to tell you that I'm a happier person. Clear minded, in control, and better behaved. But bored to shit. 🤣

But a dude like this got his whole life ahead of him and obviously has done the legwork to get his degree. Hence my comment. Hope it sticks.

been a while i was there. Do you think anti epileptic's like Valproic Acid or Levetiracetam would help someone with an habit like winter666?
This I honestly cannot comment on. I just went the straight taper route. As I type this though: must admit I was drinking back then. I seem to remember that making things a bit easier. But I've never had an alcohol problem (other than enjoying it far too much from school days) so that's not exactly substitution or creating another problem by starting with something else. Don't even know if it's good advice to be honest. Although given the necessity to taper off of benzodiazepines: given the choice between a few drinks to take the edge off and starting on another benzodiazepine I'd take the booze any day of the week.

Been hankering after a nice drink for a while though so like an idiot, not too long ago, had about a half a bottle of nice Whisky. Took that to remind me of why I stopped drinking in the first place i.e. fucking three days of a hangover again! And didn't even enjoy it like I used to. So yeah. Sober. For what it's worth. I am not going to tell you that I'm a happier person. Clear minded, in control, and better behaved. But bored to shit. 🤣

But a dude like this got his whole life ahead of him and obviously has done the legwork to get his degree. Hence my comment. Hope it sticks.

This I honestly cannot comment on. I just went the straight taper route. As I type this though: must admit I was drinking back then. I seem to remember that making things a bit easier. But I've never had an alcohol problem (other than enjoying it far too much from school days) so that's not exactly substitution or creating another problem by starting with something else. Don't even know if it's good advice to be honest. Although given the necessity to taper off of benzodiazepines: given the choice between a few drinks to take the edge off and starting on another benzodiazepine I'd take the booze any day of the week.
Been there just a few week's ago. 3 day hangover from half a bottle.

To bad i picked up from there, again. I read your comment carefully and you reminded me about how good i felt when i didn't drink. Thanks.

For the benzo WD's i wouldn't rely on anti- epileptic's without consulting a dr. winter666

Sorry, meant benfklakwb, you are right.

Been there just a few week's ago. 3 day hangover from half a bottle.

To bad i picked up from there, again. I read your comment carefully and you reminded me about how good i felt when i didn't drink. Thanks.

For the benzo WD's i wouldn't rely on anti- epileptic's without consulting a dr. winter666
Hey,I'm not a Doctor.

I made a decision, that is I need to taper down.Chapter closed.
You can help me via giving your opinion and information with ref. or explanation with logic.Thanks to all.
Feeling some kinda weird that I don't know you,you don’t know me.But still trying to help via suggestions, Opinions.
You're all invited → "Relations between Pharmacology and Psychopharmacology".

I'm glad you've made a decision to taper down. It's the only way.

I have had seizures from benzo withdrawal and it really, really sucks.

Taper down until you can reach a point that switching over to a longer acting benzo like diazepam is feasible. And as has been mentioned before check out the Ashton Manual for guidance. Good luck man.

Just chiming in but you seem to have a good plan. I ain't no dr. either ;)

But relying on anti-epileptic's without medical advise would be a wrong advise.

The other two drugs that were mentioned, Gabapentin and Pregabalin. Neither seem advisable, they will help with a taper. But preventing a seizure. Don't think so.

We are on the same road, tapering.

regarding your question about Bluelight. Prbably in 2006 when i was heavenly into drugs and internet really started gettin' going. I registered, before that i lurked over here and Erowid. At around 2009 i changed my username due to personal circumstances. Before that i was just 'emkee'.

Now 2021 this is a recognized site on info regarding drugs and harm reduction as well as a community. I love it.

Last edited:
Thanks but I'm not poly-user.I just took 60 mg Alprazolam (12 strip of 0.5 mg Alprazolam) after 11 hr of starvation.Empty stomach ensures high bioavailability.The way of tapering.....

Sober, congratulation's dalpat077.
@dalpat077 Yeah man congrats. Been reading your posts and have gained respect. Your advice over the last year has been spot on with alprazolam. Actally same to @emkee_reinvented. Actually same to just about everyone in the thread.

I wonder what a doctor would do if someone said they take 100 mgs of alprazolam a day. That is why I think it is important to follow some of the other threads where people tapered themselves lower and then went. Then when they got lower they ended up going to a doctor. But please no CT on this one. BL is a great resource for some of these success stories. I have seen even painless tapers reported from some people. (one can only hope I guess)

Last edited:
Thanks but I'm not poly-user.I just took 60 mg Alprazolam (12 strip of 0.5 mg Alprazolam) after 11 hr of starvation.Empty stomach ensures high bioavailability.The way of tapering.....
6 mg (12 x 0.5) or did you take 10 of 12 tablet's strips?

Your description of live flowing like waves, in some way reminded me about my own revelation's. that were mostly drug induced but also appeared in my fever dreams as kid.

So they brought back memory's. Dubbing what is used alot in Reggae music creates this wavin' pattern which is universal like a heartbeat.

@dalpat077 Yeah man congrats. Been reading your posts and have gained respect. Your advice over the last year has been spot on with alprazolam. Actally same to @emkee_reinvented. Actually same to just about everyone in the thread.
Wow. Those are nice words. Thanks. :)

You mean to say that my periodic rants and raves in CEPS can be forgiven and overlooked (to a degree) in lieu of my benzodiazepine harm reduction advice? 🤣

I wonder what a doctor would do if someone said they take 100 mgs of alprazolam a day.
Therein lies the danger in this case I would imagine. For better or for worse: the OP is taking legit Alprazolam it would seem (were that not the case I probably would have laughed this one off i.e. if we were talking about fake Xanax bars, for instance, I'd have questioned the dosage). Point being: if for some reason this little operation that the OP has got going is found out and they stop dispensing: he is then in a world of shit. And if that happens: then it's to the street to buy fakes. And we know what the dangers of that course of action could be.

As for a legit doctor finding out: good question. Really good question actually. Would they be sympathetic to the problem and help with tapering? I really don't know. Here in South Africa: I cannot see any legit GP prescribing the equivalent of, say, 3 000mg of Alprazolam per month. If they did that: best case scenario one of the dispensing pharmacies would raise a red flag for sure to the Medical Control Council. The max. we get here are 1mg tablets and the biggest bottle is 100 tablets. So you're talking about, say, 30 x 100 1mg bottles for a month. I don't see that happening. That's almost like bulk buying!

I could be wrong: but I don't see a GP taking this on (not here anyway). Probably be referred to a rehab. clinic or something. And that comes with a whole bunch of its own shit. Not least of which is the cost from what I gather. From what I've seen around here: rehab. clinics are a luxury (go figure).

And then of course and also based on personal experience: I question as to just how much GP's know about these things. I still have, and always will have, much respect for my (now retired) GP. I know he meant no harm in simply increasing my dosage back in the day. I just don't think he knew of the long term ramifications. And unless you're dealing with somebody like a psychiatrist and who specializes in these types of medications: I put it to you that there are better informed people right here when it comes to benzodiazepines than your average GP. Speaking for myself: for damn sure I know more about them than my (now retired) GP.

Matter of fact and just came to think of it: I remember clearly the day I ran out (when on 12mg). Started feeling odd, was a Saturday morning, my GP wasn't available, so my girlfriend got a hold of her GP that day and explained the situation (the little that we'd manage to learn in a few hours, that Saturday morning, from The Ashton Manual anyway). What does her GP do? Didn't want to get involved, said she didn't know enough about benzodiazepines, and dispensed some or the other arbitrary calming type of medication to supposedly tide me over until the Monday morning. I cannot even remember the name now but do remember that it was something like the equivalent of 0.25mg of Alprazolam x 1 tablet (as it turned out). Basically went from 12mg Alprazolam to 0.25mg of "whatever" in an instant and had to hold out until Monday morning. Now THAT wasn't pleasant by any stretch of the imagination. Filled my prescription that Monday morning and immediately started tapering as described (never even mentioned it to my GP i.e. to this day he doesn't know what happened). But from there it was pretty much smooth sailing to be honest. I think the most frightening part was not knowing what the fuck was going on or had happened i.e. as noted up until that day I had no idea about these things.

Of course: they became a source of fascination for me in spite of all of the above. I think I've read just about everything I can on them and watched just about every documentary known to man on them. There's just something about their action and their potency etc. that has, since then, always fascinated me. But that's just me of course! 🤣

I must just add: I don't think they're evil pharma. as some say. For damn sure they have their place. Personal opinion is that issues caused by benzodiazepines are more medical professional related than benzodiazepines themselves. Here a 6 month repeat of these things is nothing. In some other countries and unless under special circumstances: the most you'll get is a 7 or 14 day prescription and not repeatable without a consultation. Same with z-drugs (Zopiclone and Zolpidem). And 6 months is ample time to end up with a physical dependence and which will result in withdrawal.

Irony of all of this: legit Alprazolam is one of the cheapest medications on the market (here anyway). And of course because I've not been taking my full prescriptions for the last year but have continued filling them: I now have more Alprazolam in the cupboard left over than some pharmacies stock at a given time! And they ain't worth shit! 🤣 Murphy and that damn law of his!

That is why I think it is important to follow some of the other threads where people tapered themselves lower and then went. Then when they got lower they ended up going to a doctor. But please no CT on this one. BL is a great resource for some of these success stories. I have seen even painless tapers reported from some people. (one can only hope I guess)
Best advice above and I'm obviously in agreement. Just now the OP goes to a GP, GP says not a fuck, doesn't know what they're doing, flags the OP somehow, and then there's shit coming for sure. And as I noted above: maybe the OP gets referred to a rehab. clinic or something and that comes with its own shit.

Listen up. When it comes to simply walking away from shit I'm just lucky it would seem. Certainly no hero. But if nothing else: I've managed to come out the other side unscathed (although some will argue that my brain is indeed fucked! 🤣 ) (needless to say I don't agree! 🤣 ). But I've been through benzodiazepine withdrawal and tapering (and even fucking around with it now, just for the hell of it, as noted). And walking away from Cocaine, after about two decades, did that too (but that, as I've noted too many times, was simply as a result of my getting pissed off with being ripped off toward the end). Two totally different things though. I still consider Cocaine a habit more than an addiction. Benzodiazepines the opposite. The psychological withdrawal from Cocaine far worse than physical withdrawal from benzodiazepines (in my opinion anyway). It's no secret around these parts that I still fly the Cocaine flag and this 2 decades later! Benzodiazepines: once you've kicked them they're not something you really hanker after or think about really. Alcohol? Never had a physical addiction either. Psychological: probably i.e. I miss those days of getting totally fucked for three days on end every few weeks or so and just basically fucking around with my music and shit. Physically now? No thanks! Give me a benzodiazepine or Cocaine hangover any day of the week over an alcohol hangover! 🤣

Thanks to you all again.
I have few question may be seems weird, "How do you discovered this Blue light"."".. From when" and "Why still here instead of FB,Twitter or Instagram?"
Well speaking for myself: an absolute pleasure.

Bluelight discovery? Internet search for a very specific topic and came right up on a Google search.

Why here? Good fucking question given that I don't abuse any substances! 🤣

Truth: there's real people here (although sometimes I DO wonder and question my definition of the word "real" pretty often and have had to broaden that definition more than once in the past year! 🤣 ). FB, Twitter, and Instagram, in my opinion, are for people who just want to be "out there" and "seen". And most people, in my experience, don't even know who the fuck their friends or followers are. Don't see the point. But of course there's the common thread here that binds 99.9% of us i.e. drugs (at least initially anyway and for whatever the reason). I don't know the statistics. But I'd be prepared to wager that nobody signs up here as a member specifically to argue their days away in CEPS (even although that's how it may turn out for some)! 🤣

Fun fact (and that I've never mentioned here); when I first came across Bluelight I thought it was a law enforcement site (simply because of the name)! Fuck me. I've made some incorrect assumptions in my time about things but that one takes the cake! 🤣 Yeah, yeah. You can all stop laughing at me now!

Truth: there's real people here (although sometimes I DO wonder and question my definition of the word "real" pretty often and have had to broaden that definition more than once in the past year! 🤣
As assurance for what its worth i am real not much of a difference between me here and the physical world.

The only difference, over here i can truly be myself say what I want. And any inaccuracy's in my mumbling's are read and corrected when necessary by other's. Which is a good thing as it makes you consciousness about what you put down here.

Anyone remember the mod's that during a upgrade put up a 'captured by the DEA' sign, i fell for it ;)

Last edited:
I made a decision, that is I need to taper down.Chapter closed.
You can help me via giving your opinion and information with ref. or explanation with logic.Thanks to all.
Feeling some kinda weird that I don't know you,you don’t know me.But still trying to help via suggestions, Opinions.
You're all invited → "Relations between Pharmacology and Psychopharmacology".
Yeah well. For some reason I like you too!

I'll make a deal with you (more of a challenge maybe?). If you're deadly serious about this, and while you still have time, I'll even hold your hand (figuratively speaking of course) on this.

My suggestion:

Decide on a daily dosage. Doesn't matter what it is i.e. if it be 100mg per day then so be it. Starting today. Comes Monday morning next week: you take all of your tablets LESS ONE HALF OF ONE (those tablets, if they're anything like mine, will have a score in the middle of them so they're easy to either break in half or cut with a scissor). Do that until the next Monday. Rinse and repeat.

Key here is that your dosage remains consistent. And that your taper amount also remains consistent. Simple as that.

Point of the above: you're not going to do yourself any favors by doing 50mg one day or for a few days and then 100mg then next (type of thing). Maybe you can even experiment initially and take it down by 1 tablet per day for a week. Put it this way: soon enough you'll know whether the withdrawal is something you can handle or if it's unbearable and in which case you just take it up by, say, a half a tablet for the rest of that week. But never going back to the original, previous week's, dosage (otherwise you're defeating the object i.e. this unfortunately just one of those things where the saying of "no pain no gain" holds true I'm afraid).

And honestly: there is a real feeling and sense of accomplishment if you don't give in during the initial day or two of withdrawal. In small increments: it's really not that bad at all. During my latest experimentation and testing (what can I say: I'm bored): first thing that I notice is that everything (light) becomes harsher and brighter. That's the first sign. And certainly nothing that's worth being bothered by. Next comes some slight tinnitus. Also bearable. Next comes a general feeling of edginess. Also nothing to write home about. And after the third day: you're actually feeling "fuck yeah" about it.

It'll take a while. But I promise you it's possible and, honestly, I doubt will have any long lasting repercussions or implications. IF you taper. Fucking around with huge variances will land you up in shit I reckon. And I put it to you: as long as your supply doesn't run out you'll be able to get off of this stuff without any aid from anybody.

But one word of warning: don't let me see you on another thread saying that you're ALSO taking [insert list of other narcotics here]! Because I shall then hunt you down and kill you for wasting my time! 🤣 Either that or we'll all send you a collective bill for all of the "medical" advice and support on this thread (probably running at the professional equivalent of about $5 000 USD by now) (that's 423 556.20 Taka, give or take, at the current exchange rate) (to put it into perspective)! 🤣

Anyway. There you have it (something specific from my side). C'mon. You can do this my man. And with your degree: soon enough you'll be writing prescriptions for this shit as opposed to using it! 🤣 Let it become somebody else's problem. Somehow you've made it this far (as to exactly how on those doses is fucking beyond me though I'll tell you) so you've paid your dues.

6 mg (12 x 0.5) or did you take 10 of 12 tablet's strips?

Your description of live flowing like waves, in some way reminded me about my own revelation's. that were mostly drug induced but also appeared in my fever dreams as kid.

So they brought back memory's. Dubbing what is used alot in Reggae music creates this wavin' pattern which is universal like a heartbeat.
12 strip =(10 ×12)→60 mg i.e. 1 strip 0.5= 5 mg.Slowly tapering.

I'll make a deal with you (more of a challenge maybe?). If you're deadly serious about this, and while you still have time, I'll even hold your hand (figuratively speaking of course) on this.

My suggestion:

Decide on a daily dosage. Doesn't matter what it is i.e. if it be 100mg per day then so be it. Starting today. Comes Monday morning next week: you take all of your tablets LESS ONE HALF OF ONE (those tablets, if they're anything like mine, will have a score in the middle of them so they're easy to either break in half or cut with a scissor). Do that until the next Monday. Rinse and repeat.

Key here is that your dosage remains consistent. And that your taper amount also remains consistent. Simple as that.

Point of the above: you're not going to do yourself any favors by doing 50mg one day or for a few days and then 100mg then next (type of thing). Maybe you can even experiment initially and take it down by 1 tablet per day for a week. Put it this way: soon enough you'll know whether the withdrawal is something you can handle or if it's unbearable and in which case you just take it up by, say, a half a tablet for the rest of that week. But never going back to the original, previous week's, dosage (otherwise you're defeating the object i.e. this unfortunately just one of those things where the saying of "no pain no gain" holds true I'm afraid).

And honestly: there is a real feeling and sense of accomplishment if you don't give in during the initial day or two of withdrawal. In small increments: it's really not that bad at all. During my latest experimentation and testing (what can I say: I'm bored): first thing that I notice is that everything (light) becomes harsher and brighter. That's the first sign. And certainly nothing that's worth being bothered by. Next comes some slight tinnitus. Also bearable. Next comes a general feeling of edginess. Also nothing to write home about. And after the third day: you're actually feeling "fuck yeah" about it.

It'll take a while. But I promise you it's possible and, honestly, I doubt will have any long lasting repercussions or implications. IF you taper. Fucking around with huge variances will land you up in shit I reckon. And I put it to you: as long as your supply doesn't run out you'll be able to get off of this stuff without any aid from anybody.

But one word of warning: don't let me see you on another thread saying that you're ALSO taking [insert list of other narcotics here]! Because I shall then hunt you down and kill you for wasting my time! 🤣 Either that or we'll all send you a collective bill for all of the "medical" advice and support on this thread (probably running at the professional equivalent of about $5 000 USD by now) (that's 423 556.20 Taka, give or take, at the current exchange rate) (to put it into perspective)! 🤣

Anyway. There you have it (something specific from my side). C'mon. You can do this my man. And with your degree: soon enough you'll be writing prescriptions for this shit as opposed to using it! 🤣 Let it become somebody else's problem. Somehow you've made it this far (as to exactly how on those doses is fucking beyond me though I'll tell you) so you've paid your dues.
Listen, 1 pill of 0.5 mg Alprazolam costs only 3৳.It’s cheap.

As assurance for what its worth i am real not much of a difference between me here and the physical world.
Me too. And it's one of the reasons why my long posts i.e. I tend to try and write/post as if I'm having an in real life conversation with somebody. Pisses more than a few off I know! I comfort myself in the sense that I leave nothing to the imagination nor open to ambiguity (at least I think that's the case).

The only difference, over here i can truly be myself say what I want. And any inaccuracy's in my mumbling's are read and corrected when necessary by other's. Which is a good thing as it makes you consciousness about what you put down here.
Oddly enough: more times than I can count I've found myself starting on something and by simply typing it out (albeit in a long winded fashion) I've either come to a conclusion or done a total 180 and as a direct result of both posting and interacting here with others. In truth: probably gotten more value from my interactions with people on these forums than from conversations with others, in real life, throughout my life! And for damn sure: have found myself wanting in certain areas and in need of correction on certain views or beliefs that I've carried around dogmatically for all of these years. Dunno if that's a function of people being more open and honest and direct than they would be in real life or simply a function of always mixing with the same types of people in real life (that "birds of a feather flock together" type thing).

For damn sure though: these forums way better than the likes of Quora or Reddit or shit like that. Fuck me. I've seen some shit on those sites that I've not seen here. And this on a drug forum no less. Go figure! You think threads HERE go off topic and seemingly end up a shadow of their former selves? Think again! 🤣

Anyone remember the mod's that during a upgrade put up a 'captured by the DEA' sign, i fell for it ;)
Sorry I missed that! I can JUST imagine the responses at the time! 🤣

Mind you. To think that this is all totally ignored by the DEA and pharmaceutical companies alike is folly I assure you. Then again: I've been punting for a job at the DEA here for months and not a fucking word! And if not them: then the Colombians! Also not a fucking word! Closest I've come to recognition is a slap on the wrist from a pharmaceutical company no less (the circumstances of which still befuddle me but anyway)! 🤣 Guess I'm on my own then and left with no choice but to carve out my own little niche! Don't blame me! 🤣

My suggestion:

Anyway. There you have it (something specific from my side). C'mon. You can do this my man. And with your degree: soon enough you'll be writing prescriptions for this shit as opposed to using it! 🤣 Let it become somebody else's problem. Somehow you've made it this far (as to exactly how on those doses is fucking beyond me though I'll tell you) so you've paid your dues
I got it,system is different. That's You should must know, we exports medications around 160+ country.Don’t be a fool.Here,500 mg of Alprazolam only costs *snip*.I hope you all,got it.If you live in USA,you must check this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you've made a decision to taper down. It's the only way.

I have had seizures from benzo withdrawal and it really, really sucks.

Taper down until you can reach a point that switching over to a longer acting benzo like diazepam is feasible. And as has been mentioned before check out the Ashton Manual for guidance. Good luck man.
I've been trying to taper down, did okay for a couple of days, then yesterday my anxiety hit me full force at work, so I had to take extra also last night when I was sleeping all of sudden my mind went into overdrive concerning my job so again I had to get up at 2:00am and take extra klonopin just to ease my nerves.

I'm having a bad feeling I'm not going to be able to taper down.

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.