• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam

As others said another benzo with a longer half life will be better for you but in the mean time, grapefruit juice potentiates Alprazolam quite well as written in the instructions which comes within the medication package.

I don't know if it's just me(my body chemistry?) but I've been prescribed clonazepam 1mg three times a day for over a decade and I've never developed a problem/dependance/addiction. I've stopped taking any benzo(which in this case would be my clonazepam) for several days(or more) at a time with no problems or withdrawal symptoms.
I feel lucky. There must be something different about the way my body processes these types of medications bc I know how horrible, and long, benzo WD can be.
Although I often only take 1.5 mg's/day instead of 3 so I'm sure that helps but it doesn't explain the complete lack of WD symptoms. I guess everyone's different.
I do believe that if you're going to be taking a benzo every day indefinitely it should be a long lasting one like clonazepam, not alprazolam.
Now, opioids on the other hand, are a completely different story. I'm completely and utterly dependent on opioids.

take cimetidine, 45min-hr before you eat the Benzos. It intensifies and lengthens opiate and benzo highs

take cimetidine, 45min-hr before you eat the Benzos. It intensifies and lengthens opiate and benzo highs

That isn't helpful at all. He's trying to come down and you're tell him how to get higher.

What he needs is a long-term, closely monitored benzo taper. And probably rehab. People don't come out of addiction without hard work and support.

If his regular doctor can't get on board, he should seek out an addiction medicine doctor who can provide the support needed.