• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam

Lunesta makes me feel like I'm inhaling metal and eating tin foil. No benzodiazepines affect my taste. Xanax only leaves me a bad taste for like 5 minutes, and that's only if I sublingually absorb.

I also get the same revolting taste you mention. I actually found this thread because I searched Google for information about it. For me, it's this heavy, slightly savoury taste of any food that I eat. It's really off-putting and takes me a while to finish meals.
I don't know how else to describe it. Just this heaviness that has nothing to do with tiredness.
Odd.

I'm prescribed 8mg Xanax a day and never had the lingering taste... Definitely the munchies though..

I try to use them sparingly. But ya.. I had to once and it was god awful.

Benzos, Xanax and Klonopin both make food and eating taste better in my opinion and why I think the taste of xanax itself is quite bad itself, just swallow the shit fast and that's it. ENHANCES FLAVORS or just the act of eating feels better or I dunno how to explain it but it's like this for me and most people I know.

Duuuude's, I know this is an old thread but I just had to reply.

I get the exact symptom that the OP is talking about. The strange thing for me is that I don't experience it at all (or at least notice it) WHILE I'm actually ON the drug, but after I wake up and for like half (sometimes the entire) the day I have this weird taste-thing going on. It's almost like my tongue is coated in something that makes everything I eat/drink feel/taste weird. It's definitely not just a taste thing alone... there's also a texture sensation going on. It really feels like my tongue has a film over it... or almost like my saliva is altered and it's making my tongue feel this way. I bring up the saliva part because I notice that I always try to spit as much as possible while I'm in the shower to try and get this "taste" out of my mouth.

How noticeable this sensation is is directly dependent on how much/little xanax I take. I RARELY ever use Xanax nowadays but back in the day me and my buddies used to take a bar or two (2-4mg) and just black out for the night. The next day I would wake up and try and eat and this sensation would be SO bad that it would actually cause me throw up sometimes. The sensation itself would make me nauseous for the entire day when I did that much xanax. On the opposite end of the spectrum, if I took, say, half a football (.25mg) for whatever reason, I would still have the taste-thing going on the next day but WAY less intense and no nausea at all.

It's a really freakin strange sensation and it is quite annoying (and one of the things that keeps me away from xanax... which I'm thankful for in a weird way lol) as it can completely ruin your appetite.