• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Alprazolam without the issues related to ... (Bromazolam (XLI-268)... just the (br) needed

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
Brief as possible.
Can there be study on Bromazolam (XLI-268 ).
Alprazolam is not effective since decades.
There is a certain (br) part attached and it relieves spinal issues very well.
I would like to know if this (br) component is in fact the cause of this relief, be isolate, and efficiently used without the benzodiazepine effect and dependence issues that benzos cause.
If I am in the wrong spot please direct me.
I will copy/paste so I do not lose it cause it is very important to me anyway.
Thanks

Last edited:
The Bromine in Bromazolam is responsible for the desired pain relieving effect only in the context where it's attached to the rest of the molecule and not on its own.
Alprazolam has a Chlorine atom in the same spot where Bromazolam has the Bromine, the rest of the molecule is identical.
The 2 drugs still act through the same pathways so the pain relief that you experience is connected to the same properties that cause the dependence issues.

The major advantage of the tirazolobendodiazepines is that they have no α1 affinity. The α1 activity is an important site for HYPNOTIC activity so triazolobenzodiazepines can display pronounced anxiolytic & skeletal-muscle relaxant properties without the side-effects of sleepiness.

I believe clobazam (a 1,5-benzodiazepine) has now been introduced in the US. It binds to a different group of sites (β2) and is used for such issues since it isn't hypnotic even in large doses and is much less addictive. It also has a dose ceiling making it a very safe option.

I believe that the triazolo derivatives of 1,5-benzidiazepines have been made but not tested very much. I looked into them as part of my work to produce an alcohol mimic (and yes, their is a patent pending). I designed a pyrazolam derivative that emulated 'drunk' very well, but it would ONLY emulate drunk. It could not emulate 2 glasses of wine. I concluded that I needed something LESS selective.