• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Alprazolam: take during withdrawal for more of a high? or build it up?

illwill631

Greenlighter
Hello BL, Someone who has been a xanax user for a year and a half was wondering if its better to take it while in withdrawal to feel more of a high, or to just keep taking it and having it build up in system.

This person is an ex H addict, and shooting dope during wd produced the best high by far. However, with alprazolam, when he waits a day or 36 hours to dose again while in minor/moderate wd, it seems not to do much and even getting him back to baseline is about all it does. Anyone have any info on this? He knows benzo tolerance builds very fast, but even when upping the dose a half mg it still doesnt produce a good high.

Also a poly alcohol/methadone addict. 60mg methadone a day and about 4 shots a day

That's pretty much all benzo's do after awhile, if you were used to doing H, xanax isn't going to hit the spot in the same way. Tolerance builds, and there is cross tolerance w/ alcohol.

I'm really not sure how to answer this question in a good Harm Reduction manner, but you should def be careful w/ the drinking if you already take methadone and xanax. Alcohol + 1 or the other is bad enough but w/ all three, that's pretty much a trifecta of respiratory depression, 4 drinks might be fine today, but the same blend tomorrow could easily take you out.

The less alprazalom used the less likely a person develops a tolerance to it's effects, that's the only way I can think to answer.

Thanks i know obv alpraz doesnt hit nearly as hard/ quick as H (aka the rush) I take it sublingually, and usually will take 3 quarters of a bar- or a full bar before work (afternoon shift-2-11pm) with about 2 shots.

Lately ive been waiting 36-48 hours because i wont take any on days off. However taking a bar after about 2 days doesnt give that sweet feeling of withdrawal melting away. Guess benzos just arent the same. I need to start to get back down to taking only 1mg-1.5 mg a day max, because now im taking close to 3mg and thats a slippery slope.

Trust me i know alcohol and benzos and methadone (even a lowish dose at 60 mg) are all respitory depressents. Ive been clean from dope since 2016, and honestly i think i know my safe doses. But id like to thank tou because it let me know that i have to keep my dose low or ill end up like some of those people who eat 3-4 bars a day. Ive made it a year and a half only needing 1 or 1.5 mg (sometimes none) a day up until the past couple weeks when they messed with me work hours. Time for self control.

If Anyone has the same question, letting it build up is better then waiting for withdrawal (unless its like 3-4 day intense withdrawal...i dont have experiance with that, the longest i went was 2 and a half days and that was many months ago). But i can already tell its a bad idea, its gonna make my tolerance skyrocket so im gonna get a handle on it now. Thanks BLers!

Thanks i know obv alpraz doesnt hit nearly as hard/ quick as H (aka the rush) I take it sublingually, and usually will take 3 quarters of a bar- or a full bar before work (afternoon shift-2-11pm) with about 2 shots.

Lately ive been waiting 36-48 hours because i wont take any on days off. However taking a bar after about 2 days doesnt give that sweet feeling of withdrawal melting away. Guess benzos just arent the same. I need to start to get back down to taking only 1mg-1.5 mg a day max, because now im taking close to 3mg and thats a slippery slope.

Trust me i know alcohol and benzos and methadone (even a lowish dose at 60 mg) are all respitory depressents. Ive been clean from dope since 2016, and honestly i think i know my safe doses. But id like to thank tou because it let me know that i have to keep my dose low or ill end up like some of those people who eat 3-4 bars a day. Ive made it a year and a half only needing 1 or 1.5 mg (sometimes none) a day up until the past couple weeks when they messed with me work hours. Time for self control.

If Anyone has the same question, letting it build up is better then waiting for withdrawal (unless its like 3-4 day intense withdrawal...i dont have experiance with that, the longest i went was 2 and a half days and that was many months ago). But i can already tell its a bad idea, its gonna make my tolerance skyrocket so im gonna get a handle on it now. Thanks BLers!

I'm sure you know your body, just had to do the harm reduction routine, but yeah I think you're better off taking them less frequently.