• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam solubility in plain vodka

mimoza

Greenlighter
Quick question to a great community: is it possible to mix 1mg of alprazolam to 1ml common vodka (40%)? How about 2mg/1ml or even 5mg/ml? I have read a lot on this issue, but I could't find a clear answer. Alprazolam is soluable with pure ethanol/methanol, but would it be mixed with normal vodka?

for what purpose? if it's for IV i would say just take them orally because there are more cons than pros on IVing benzos especially in Vodka. Just eat them like they are meat to be, they have great oral BA.
And if that's not strong enough for you orally, take a shot or 2 of the vodka and that'll make em feel stronger.. not saying it's safe but it is an option.

I mean pure alprazolam, I want to mix a 20mg of pure powder to a 10ml of vodka and use it orally. Who would IV vodka? lol :D

I mean pure alprazolam, I want to mix a 20mg of pure powder to a 10ml of vodka and use it orally. Who would IV vodka? lol :D

lol you'd be surprised.. but i am actually not sure on its solubility in ethanol.. i know it is soluble in propylene glycol. sorry im not of more help. maybe someone else has more experience.. i know it would work with phenazepam if heat is added which i am well versed with but never had alprazolam pure powder, again, sorry.

There are some that claim its solubility to be around 2mg/ml. You'll have to calculate based on the 40% purity of ETOH in vodka.

There are some that claim its solubility to be around 2mg/ml. You'll have to calculate based on the 40% purity of ETOH in vodka.
It is a 20mg/1ml soluable in pure ETOH, so in a simply calculation maximum concentrate of alprazolam in 40% vodka would be a 8mg/ml, but it is just a simple math calculation, if it works the same way in terms of chemistry?

If you have pure alprazolam, why don't you just weigh your dose and put it under your tongue. With pure alprazolam it's like a grain of sand under your tongue.

Do you mean 2ml/mg in pure ETOH or normal vodka?
If you have pure alprazolam, why don't you just weigh your dose and put it under your tongue. With pure alprazolam it's like a grain of sand under your tongue.
I dont need 1 dose, I need 100 doses to carry in my pocket and use whenever I want

Maybe he doesnt have a scale with an acuracy of 0.000. Ever a double digit scale sucks if you want to measure in actual mgs.

Maybe he doesnt have a scale with an acuracy of 0.000. Ever a double digit scale sucks if you want to measure in actual mgs.

You are right sir, i don't have any scale at all, but i know amount of powder which is 50mg of alprazolam, so i need to do 25ml of vodka with 2mg/ml mix. But nobody knows the answer I see. :(

Moderator note: do not consume IPA, I've driven friends to the hospital for this.
I doubt 40% ethanol (vodka) will work; it's not just a question of using more (chemistry doesn't work like that). Why don't you go buy some isopropyl alcohol, which is usually supplied pure ( >99% ). Drinking 1ml of IPA (isopropyl alcohol) is fine every so often when you want a dose, sure it doesn't taste nice, but hey, its gone fast.

Pretty much all benzos are highly soluble in IPA.
(do not inject IPA, however, if you were wanting to do this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont listen to MattPsy. NEVER DRINK ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont care what the dose is. Thats just bad advice. Telling someone to take something toxic.

IPA has absolutely no reason to be consumed under any circumstances at any point in time. This is a harm reduction focus forum, please treat it as such.

@OP, it's super dangerous to consume pure drugs without a scale, even if you create an aqueous solution. I would recommend you use propylene glycol over ethanol. Ethanol and benzos should not be mixed! Even in tiny amounts.

Well, sure. I don't consider IPA toxic (look up the toxicity! It might surprise you. It's certainly no more toxic than 1,4-BD,which people are plenty happy to drink, but be scared of IPA, which I find rather puzzling), not in small amounts like <1mL, especially where the alternative might be dosing highly potent benzos without a scale, which is a horrific alternative! I won't mention it again.
Definitely use propylene glycol where available. Food artificial flavouring and colouring can use propylene glycol as a base, there might be some you can use as a solvent for benzos. Otherwise, you can probably order it over the internet without too much trouble.

It's not that it's wrong to use IPA as a solvent, and I know it's not very toxic I used the wrong word, it's just not something you want to be putting in your body. A few years ago a friend took 1 shot of IPA and got so fucked up she was falling all over the place. It was very scary, she eventually face planted on the sidewalk and a pool of blood emerged around her head. She was unconscious and not responding until we got to the hospital.

So yeah, polyethylene glycol is much safer on your body.

Oh, yeah. IPA is pretty potent. Alcohols have stronger CNS effects as the carbon chain gets longer and/or bulkier (up to a point, obviously) :) sorry to hear of your friend. 1 shot (25mL? or is that 50mL?) would definitely mess you up.

Almost all benzos are readily soluble in ethyl alcohol. This is why some benzos, particularly midazolam and temazepam, are used as date rape drugs. I am just not sure of the alcohol:drug ratio, but I know significant amounts can be dissolved in a single drink. That's for temazepam and midazolam, I don't know about alprazolam (but I would guess that alprazolam would dissolve similarly).

Though flunitrazepam is often cited as a date rape drug because of its high potency, strong effects and the ability to cause strong amnesia during its duration of action, investigations into its use as a date rape drug have contradicted popular belief. According to research conducted by Michael Robertson from the San Diego Medical Examiner's office and Dr. Mahmoud El Sohly of El Sohly Laboratories, test results indicated that flunitrazepam was only used in around 1% of reported date rapes according to Robertson and 0.33% according to urine lab tests done by El Sohly. The benzodiazepines midazolam and temazepam were the two most common benzodiazepines utilized for date rape.

Propylene glycol is safe IME and a good choice to use with benzos. Not for shooting though I mean oral consumption

Should be soluble at 1mg/mL

If it isn't, there shouldn't be any harm in doubling or tripling the amount of solvent... then it'll be guaranteed to dissolve.

Unless you plan on carrying around 10 doses worth at once it shouldn't be a problem.