• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam solubility and taste

5-H-Tea

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi All,

I have managed to get my hands on some 'pure' alprazolam powder. I've taken 2mg orally, and it has me out cold with only patchy recollection of what happened during the period I was intoxicated. Yesterday I took 4mg orally. The last thing I remember was putting on an episode of the American Office at around 3pm, and then waking up in my bed the following morning. I literally have no recollection whatsoever as to what happened between 3pm and when my alarm went off at 7am the following morning.

I have a high tolerance for alcohol, and I have been thinking about adding a small quantity of alprazolam to my drink while at the bar to 'help things along'. My question is, is alprazolam soluble in water? What about in alcohol? Also, it is VERY bitter in taste. Is there any way to mask this, as at the moment it completely ruins the taste of the drink.

Thanks a lot for your help,

5-H-Tea

First off, the patchy recollection is a sign of taking waay too high of a dose, you need to reduce your intake! Since you're getting blitzed with the xanax alone,I highly recommend not adding alcohol to the mix! You're asking for trouble..

But to answer your question, yes its slightly soluble in both. A small dose definitely would dissolve in a pint glass. The flavor from the drink should mask its taste just fine, especially if it mixed something fruity, like orange juice.

Why take more than 2mgs chief?? If 2mgs did what it did then 1mg is likely to be enjoyable enough.....don't worry your tolerance will rise fast on its own without you forcing yourself into the biggest regret of your life. Not judging you as being nuts it's just that you will end up in prison for a crime you wont even remember if you go out drinking on xannies - it's not something anyone can control once that pill is in your system. Please take care.

Also if you're planning on adding alcohol, you shouldn't even be considering that high of a dose.. .25-.5mg would be dangerous enough.

Guy's, thank you both so much for such informative and rapid replies. I've made a promise to myself to stick to one or the other. Alcohol or Xanax, no mixing. The Xanax 'high' wasn't even that enjoyable anyway. I find alcohol more recreational. I think I'll keep the Xan' for bouts of insomnia/stim comedowns. The alcohol for recreation/nights out.

You have both answered my question, so please feel free to close the thread if you wish.

Many thanks again,

5-HT :)

You are very welcome! And you have definitely made the right decision!

I could close it if you wish, but I don't have a problem with it staying open for a while.. You never know who could stumble upon it and be in the same situation.

Oh nice one man, good choice no doubt. Alprazolam is a quick fix for sudden onset anxiety and panic attacks. Having now experienced that horrible shit I can speak from experience but prior to that I can say I'm glad I didn't hurt benzos even as a daily chronic meth/speed/base amphetamine abuser I didn't use all the xannies I had on hand. I use a max of 5mgs diazepam daily which is just to hold me simply haven't tapered further and jumped off cos I'm coming off Lyrica and Sertraline ...... all these drugs are a hangover from a two year PTSD ordeal. But alprazolam habits are a terrible beast attached to the shriveled soul of it's victims.

Infrequent use if any, valuable tool for panic, good choice.

Last edited:
I would advise to just stick with low doses of it, and try not to make it a daily habit, or it can turn ugly pretty quick. I have taken crazy amounts of Xanax a couple times and ended up blacking out or doing really weird and stupid shit that I didn't even know I was doing at the time, because I was so out of it. It makes me completely fearless and incoherent to what is really happening around me and I feel like I can do anything I want when I take too much, usually anywhere over 6-8mg being too much, even with my super high tolerance to benzos. Last time I drank alcohol with xanax I blacked out and someone at the party I was at, stole my wallet and it was terrible. Don't drink with Xanax, it is nothing but trouble. Just stick with oral too it works just fine, especially since you have the powder and can just swallow it powder form or parachute it, and get the almost immediate onset anyways. I have been dependent on benzos for five years as I truly need them for my anxiety and sleeping, but since the last time I was an idiot and took way more than I was supposed to and ran out I learned a valuable lesson and I will never do that again as long as I can help it. It was hellish, and I have heard Xanax is even worse to come off of. Be safe.