• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam 1mg, Lorazepam 2mg, Clonazepam .5mg, or Diazepam 10mg?

Methacodone

Bluelighter
Ok, in equivalent doses of these 4 most common benzos, if you had a choice to get a script for any of them, which one would you pick?
My other doctor cut me off of my 1mg Clonazepam pills 3x daily. He wrote me a script of 60 5mg Diazepam and said taper yourself with these, but I'm NOT ready to get off benzos yet. He could care less.

Most benzo equivalent dose charts say, .25mg Clonazepam = .5mg Alprazolam = 1mg Lorazepam = 5mg Diazepam
From my experience of trying all 4, I would say that looks accurate to me.

I'm asking because I called my new doctor about having real bad anxiety which makes it hard for me to sleep also. He said we'll talk about which benzo meets your stanard and we'll go for that. My appt is on Monday, 2 days from now.

So I have 3 uncomfortable symptoms, depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
From doing some re search, Lorazepam seems like the best benzo that meets my standards. I have some 1mg Lorazepam tablets saved up for a rainy day. I fucking LOVE Lorazepam.

For recreational use, which would you guys go with?

10mg Diazepam tablets
2mg Lorazepam tablets
1mg Alprazolam tablets
.5mg Clonazepam tablets
?

Haven't tried Diaz and Clonaz.

If I had to choose between 2mg Lorazepam and 1mg Xanax I think I'd choose 2mg Lorazepam. I don't know if its because when I tried Lorazepam I had no benzo tolerance, I actually rarely take benzos in order to maintain my tolerance low (max.3/4 times a month) but when I took 2mg of Ativan I was pretty damn high, while if I take 1mg of Xanax I just feel chill.
Plus Lorazepam lasts longer and the problem with Xanax is the damn amnesia.

I've been taking benzos on & off since I was 14, and I just turned 40 this year. First, you're playing with fire using these recreationally, but I'm sure you know this. When I used speed, I would take Ativan because it would relax me enough through the come down to fall asleep natually. Xanax felt like a tranquilizer dart had hit me, and I would pass out before any 'high' would happen. Then I would wake up two hours later. Valium and Klonipen have longer half lifes but don't seem to get me off. I never used benzos rec or in high doses except when I was addicted to speed for six months. All other times were for anxiety, but you will build a tolerence quickly, so getting that warm, floaty feeling will go away after a short time of using.

I've tried and abused all 4 lol, I find valium and rivitrol to be the weakest, Lorazepam 2nd and xanax the best imo, love the quick onset of it, sadly using it every now and again has led me to be a daily addict needing at least 4 mg to combat anxiety and WD.

Most benzo equivalent dose charts say, .25mg Clonazepam = .5mg Alprazolam = 1mg Lorazepam = 5mg Diazepam
From my experience of trying all 4, I would say that looks accurate to me.

Most charts I've seen say that 0.5 mgs of Alprazolam are equivalent to 0.5 mgs of Clonazepam and 10 mgs of Diazepam. I guess it depends on whether the chart factors in the drug's half-life: If we consider that Clonazepam lasts about 2 or 3 times as long as Alprazolam, and that Diazepam's main metabolite (Nordazepam) makes up for its low potency with its half-life of several days(!), then yes, that comparison is appropriate.

Anyway, my advice to anyone with benzo troubles is, as always, to get a script for Lyrica to minimize your benzo dose.
That said, I guess Lorazepam is probably the most "versatile" benzo out there.
Though really, if you're making recreational use a priority, they should probably script you Oxazepam, since that is, in my experience, the least recreational.

Last edited:
I've done them all, and from my expierence I find it all depends on your personal preference in benzos.

I find the most "Euphoric" is Xanax but it is short lived and does not last very long. It is used mostly for panic attacks which it works very well for those. But it isn't something that will give you all day relief.

If you suffer from GAD I would suggest you consider Clonazepam or Valium.
They both have long half-lifes and will tend to hold you better all day.
Once again, be advised that benzos are best for people who really can't go without anything else.
If I was your doctor I would try other much less addictive drugs to help you.

Perhaps a anti-anxiety like cymbalta or remeron which can be addictive but much less severe withdrawals than benzos.

Best of luck to you!

In my experience I enjoy kolnopin more then all other benzos, i get more euphoria out of it, actually me and my buddys call it the happy xanax. Im assuming not matter which one you go with you would get the same amount of pills, so I would go with the alprozam or the clonzeapam those are both the most recreational in my book. Lorazapam always hurts my stomach after a couple days. I have always found clonzepam and alprozam to be VERY similar in strength, so if you just want to get the most recreatinal use out of them, i would go with the Xanax (alprozam) but if you want a slightly better high(IN MY OPINION) go with the Kolonipins (clonzeapam), although .5 seems less strong then 1 mg of of alprozam.
-nayRoxy

If it's GAD, I would go with diazepam.

It is the standard for tapering IF you ever need too, and it lasts all day long without having to constantly redose. It also kicks in relatively fast when taking sublingually.

I'm prescribed 3x 5mg of diazepam a day, so 15mg total. I get 90 5mg tabs a month. I've been prescribed alprazolam and clonazepam, but I prefer diazepam the most.

Valium all the way. Good combination of anxiolytic and sedative effects, one of the better muscle relaxing benzos, long half life but gradually fading out instead of staying effected the whole time (due to active metabolites, hence it's utility in tapering), pleasant enough without being too stoning or intoxicating.

I take xanax and temazepam.

Xanax for emergencies, and temazepam to sleep.

I have tried all those benzos and I have to go with skl on this one. Valium.

It is good for GAD. It kicks in quick enough to help with a panic attack (even though they last most of the day so the instances of panic attacks will be lessened) and it has just enough of a anti convulsant property to be relaxing.

Thanks for the input guys.
I also talked to my new doctor about my tolerance, I was previously on 3mg Clonazepam daily, and worked great. I would choose Diazepam, Clonazepam, and Lorazepam all over Alprazolam. Xanax is just too much, and sucks for medical reasons IMO. Everyone abuses it.

But, I wouldn't mind having any of the other 3 benzos. 3mg Clonazepam is equivalent to 12mg Lorazepam? Idk man, I know for a fact I'm not getting Rx'd 12mg Lorazepam daily. Nor would I take that much, sound WAY too much for me. I would go for 2mg Lorazepam 3 to 4 times daily.
Wish me luck guys, I'm guaranteed a script for a benzo, said by my doctor, from telling him my symptoms and tolerance to them. So I'm happy about that.

Great news for me!
I got exactly what I wanted, 10mg Diazepam 3x daily, and 1mg Lorazepam 3x daily.
I'm happy because I got both, a very long lasting Benzo, and a shorter acting benzo, woohoo!
This the first time ever that I got 2 awesome benzos Rx'd to me. I'm going to take all 3 Diazepam pills in the morning with my Methadone, and take 1mg of Lorazepam when my Diazepam and Methadone hit there peak around 9am, then take 1mg of Lorazepam around 3pm, and my last 1mg dose of Lorazepam before bedtime. I'm really excited. My Methadone and Diazepam just hit there peak at the same time, and gave me a rush type feeling, about to dose a Lorazepam and have a great morning sip on some good coffee and smoke some Marlboros. :D

I've never found recreational value in benzos albeit I have experience with all of them and am currently on an 8 month taper plan from 4mgs of Clonzaepam. It all comes down to preference and subjective biology. Personally, xanax makes my anxiety worse and ativan destroys my memory, while clonazepam is smooth and more anxiolytic. Regardless, after being off of benzos for 7 years and then getting back on them last year, they are nothing but sugar pills to me and are nothing but a psychological crutch. Hopefully, I will reach a point where I can reach close to homeostasis and use my leftovers from the taper for sleepless nights and comedowns.

My Methadone and Diazepam just hit there peak at the same time, and gave me a rush type feeling, about to dose a Lorazepam and have a great morning sip on some good coffee and smoke some Marlboros. :D

Coffee and cigarettes are stimulants and they diminish the effects of Benzos, although I have to agree that nicotine is amazing when high.

Anything but lorazepam, hate that shit, doesn't do nothing to me. The others are awesome.

Of course if I had the chance to get anything I'd get triazolam/flunitrazepam/midazolam/nimetazepam :)

You know they use Midazolam for death row inmates when it's their turn to die? Even though they use a lot of it, it gets the inmate paralyzed first, then stops the heart, then goodnight. I would personally never touch Midazolam.

What, the idea of blacking out on a therapeutic dose of a drug (like triazolam, which isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway, and benzodiazepines rarely ever are) doesn't sound like a blast to you?

Anyway, for me it would be clonazepam and diazepam. I like the "classical" 1,4 benzos. Lorazepam is also one of these but I'd choose the other two before it.

Not to derail the thread:

You know they use Midazolam for death row inmates when it's their turn to die? Even though they use a lot of it, it gets the inmate paralyzed first, then stops the heart, then goodnight. I would personally never touch Midazolam.

It does neither. Midazolam is just another benzo but one which happens to be water soluble making it useful for intravenous in medicine for "conscious sedation," for procedures like, e.g. colonoscopy, even some dental work, and pre-operative sedation/anxiolysis. I has even been used (rarely) in ERs to keep sedated patients coming in whacked out on whatever substance, you heard about this sometimes during the "bath salt" boom. It is also available in pill form but rarely seen. For obvious reasons it is sought after by IV users.

Lethal injection, on the other hand, uses a multidrug cocktail, usually:

1. Sedation, classically, sodium pentothal or now, sometimes midazolam
2. Muscle paralytic, like pancuronium or succinylcholine, stops breathing
3. Large does IV push potassium, stops the heart

See recent difficulties with sourcing execution drugs from Europe and the search for alternatives. The ironic thing about this of course is that, in a perfect reflection of how prohibitions on drugs tend to make them nastier, the newer protocols that they're coming up with make the deaths uglier. (See: several recent botched executions with midazolam substituted for pentothal, approved by the Supreme Court.)