• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alpha-bromo-gammabutyrolactone

Shanesdumbgame

Greenlighter
-Hey, this is my first post. So I'm sure I probably spelled it wrong but basically I was scrolling through a site that I had previously ordered some chemicals from and saw that they offered GBL type products. None of which of course was called gamma but yrolactone (sp) each product had some weird prefixes in front of it like alpha-bromo-gbl and a few others.
-so basically I actually made this account to ask this question (of course I've been lurking awhile for other info) the only reason I ask you guys is because I can absolutely find no information about this chemical at all other than CAS, MSDS and the like. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Yes, alpha-bromo-GBL would presumably hydrolyze to alpha-bromo-GHB if that's what you are asking, and could potentially produce similar effects to its parent drug.

However, given how toxic many organobromine compounds are, and how doses for GHB/GBL are usually in the multi-gram-range, I'd stay far away from this stuff. :p

I'm sure plenty of organobromides are toxic, except for all the gatorade and fire retardants coursing through our blood.

I don't know how an alpha-bromine would change the hydrolysis, but under the right conditions, you could turn your blood into a polyester, for what that's worth.

Bromine displacement can be a way to introduce a nitrogen with attached RC-style substitutes. So it's more useful that way, than in your brain, is my guess. You could stick an oxazolidone where the pyrrilodine is on MDPV, maybe, for whatever the fuck that gets you.

Well damn OK. I guess I'll stear clear of it. Glad I asked before I bought it, sounds like I could have turned my blood into polyester. Walk-in around like stretch Armstrong or some shit. Anyways thanks for your help guys

OK one last question and I'll leave it alone. What about (r)-(+)-beta-hydroxy-gammabutyrolactone. I'm guessing since the price is considerably higher this is probably what I'm looking for

γ-butyrolactones are a whole class of structure, as close to infinite as you could get. By itself it seems kind-of vitamin-C-like. If this ring opened, you'd have a 3,4 dihydroxybutyrate, which is not something I'd expect to be psychoactive; looks a bit like a sugar, really. Like the aledhyde would be deoxy-threose or something.

But like the other one, there's all kinds of chemistry you can do with them. If the R isomer is too pricey for you, maybe the racemic works as well, and probably cheaper. No chance it'll get you high though.

But let's see, your body might oxidize it to a beta-hydroxy butyl-double-acid, which is gonna be like malonic acid or something, or the beta-keto di-acid. Sorry, but those are things you have in your body already.

At best you'll get really loopy from using them in excess, before dying, since they're probably metabolic intermediates, like in ketoacidosis.

beta-hydroxy-gammabutyrolactone will ring-open in water to form beta-hydroxy-GHB, which does not have the same pharmacology as GHB at all.

Likewise alpha-bromo-GBL will form alpha-bromoGHB and probably alpha-hydroxyGHB too, which again, are not psychoactive as far as I know.

OK one last question and I'll leave it alone. What about (r)-(+)-beta-hydroxy-gammabutyrolactone. I'm guessing since the price is considerably higher this is probably what I'm looking for

Wait, WTF? What kind of logic is that!?

"It's more expensive, therefore it must be good for getting high! And look, they even have 2-Fluoro-Ethanol! Just imagine how much better this stuff must be at getting me drunk than regular ethanol!"

Have you ever considered the possibility that your "vendor" may be an actual, legitimate chemical supply company that isn't pricing their products based on their recreational value?

Long before GBL and 1,4-BDO were "discovered" as GHB alternatives, they were widely used as industrial solvents and precursors for the synthesis of bulk chemicals.
The reason someone would make an alpha-bromo- or beta-hydroxy-analogue of one of these isn't to get around Controlled Substance laws, but because these substitutions allow for them to be used in different syntheses, or change their ability to solubilize different chemicals.

Consuming industrial chemicals because their name sounds similar to something that's used recreationally is a good way to die a slow, painful, death from multiple organ failure.

Fucking with unknown potential GHB analogs is a bad idea to begin with anyway. All you know, it might be active and have a far higher affinity for the GHB receptor and/or lower GABAb agonist effects.

Either one of which would increase excitotoxic neurotoxicity. Both, would just be asking for trouble and getting it.

I really wasn't trying to bother you guys. I've always like GBL when I was younger then of course got hooked on it an blah blah blah. Then of course I got hooked on opiates eventually got clean from that and Immediately became an alcoholic. They now Tell me I have liver disease and I'm just trying to find something to bring the fun back ya know. But I see where you guys are coming from. I'll leave it alone

This is stuff I just spent hours on when I should be sleeping; sadly it's not bothering me, it's distracting me. No, it's not going to "accidentally" be active like GBL, which is only active after hydrolysis anyway. These things are used as flavorings and in polymer chemistry.

For fun, I drew out the basic steps plus a polymerization that would need lots of extra stuff to happen:

And that Br is useful, for sticking other things on. Gamma-lactones are useful because they can form chains of esters, you know, poly-esters. With a bromine that can get swapped out with an amine.

So I made up some kind of succinic polyester pyrolidine.

Because I'd seen something like it in the synthesis to bupropion, I thought, hey, someone could stick a lactone on a cathinone, but when I drew it it looked pretty lame.

Then I thought, what about a furan-type 6-APB deal? That's even dumber.

And I was wrong about beta-hydroxy GBL. It IS a deoxy threose, but it would oxidize to malic acid, not malonic acid. Something you still would have flowing through you as you read this, and in your apples.

It's more expensive, therefore it must be good for getting high! And look, they even have 2-Fluoro-Ethanol! Just imagine how much better this stuff must be at getting me drunk than regular ethanol!

2-fluoroethanol is highly toxic.

I really wasn't trying to bother you guys. I've always like GBL when I was younger then of course got hooked on it an blah blah blah
its normal.

Long before GBL and 1,4-BDO were "discovered" as GHB alternatives,

gbl was discoverd along with ghb in 1974 by a the russian chemist alexander sayzeff.