• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Allegiances to the brand name?

When it comes to cars and electronics, Japanese is the way to go. U pay a little bit more, but you can be assured that the quality is so much better. The only exception i can think of is LG (korea), they are slightly cheaper than Japanese and on par with quality.

Any electronic goods I buy are usually good quality (No Panaphonics for me =D).

At the supermarket I'll be happy to get the bi-lo brand...everyone knows they buy their shit from the big firms anyway. But with quality items like Olive Oil I'll buy the branded one.

I'm not a fan of clothes brands at all. I never buy brands (although i use to when my mum was paying). I just accumulate clothes...friend leaves jumper at my house (hey look everyone, i got a new jumper the other day =D) and my old roommate gave me about 20 items that her ex-bf left behind when he moved to HK...

so right now I'm getting around in wigga brands and oversized jeans...i couldnt give a fuck what people think of me...they were free clothes. My wardrobe is a mix and match of phases ive gone through...from nike tracksuit pants and polo shirts to ripped cargo pants and skate clothing. These days if i was to buy some clothes id probably go to Paddy's Markets and buy some cheap shit heh. I'm not a fan of chicks who wear Dior (like my new roommate who is so hot!) and dudes who wear pre-ripped jeans and in-fashion t-shirts. But if I HAD to purchase a brand item...id buy a skate brand (not a fake skate brand from General Pants - Ezekiel). But like a Blind T-Shirt or something with a cool graphic, graf piece or phrase.

I have an obsession with Ben Sherman clothes. In fact, I prolly have more Sherman tops and shirts than I do pairs of underwear. Luckily, the reebok clearance place in fitzroy sells the stuff fucken cheap as shit! if anyone likes that stuff, go take a look - just leave me some clothes for when i go again :)

I also happen to like ray ban sunnies, and CAT shoes, but other than that, I'll wear, buy, abuse, consume almost anything i think may look good on me

edit: ^^ good point. im also an audiophile. which would explain why i've spent close to 900 dollars on headphones and an amp to run them off

Generally speaking i'm a brand junkie.
I always buy expensive shit even though I don't need it.
Electronics, clothing, it's always the most expensive that I lean towards.
:\
God knows why... i'm insecure.
:)

But Then I Would

haste said:
oh I also forgot to add that I tend to be an alcohol snob too - always electing for the more expensive brands, especially when it comes to red wine =D

Noticed.
;)

Attentionpayin'boys

PsychoKitten said:

Shoes – I am a total and utter shoe devotee but I limit myself to one or two really nice pairs a year and get the rest from normal shoe stores... I don’t shop at places like spendless tho. (I guess I'm a brand whore here)

I know what 'slingbacks' are.
Does that increase the chance of a raincheck?
;)

I have a panasonic tv, dvd home theatre system and vcr....i dont know why...i think i just like their nameplate (logo) and they seem to have their shit together......

Sony is cool, but not sure.....Phillips, nup....LG seem a bit cheesy and "sell sell sell"ish.....

I also have a canon digicam, scanner and printer....hmmm :D

Whats JVC like? thats my current hi-fi system. I'm really picky with my shoes heh...always stick with my trusted brand. My last 15 pairs of shoes have been OSIRIS or CIRCA...i just like the look of them and they seem to last the longest out of the skate shoes.

I have a JVC mp3 head unit in my car thats excellent, not too sure about their home audio equipment - I always stick to Yamaha or Denon.

I think I'm like the Anti-Brand Whore or something when it comes to food...I always buy whatever's cheapest, even if I could get something nicer for a few more bucks. I don't really cook, and I don't loveeating like some people do, it's just something I have to do to stay alive--so it doesn't really bother me if it's not that great an experience.

As far as clothes go, I haven't really been shopping much in Sydney, but I buy what I like the look of. Back in Melbourne I used to buy all my shirts, jeans etc from op-shops, Target etc, and then go and spend a couple of hundred on a jacket from Ministry of Style in Brunswick Street just cause it had a million pockets (I'm a big pockets fan). So I'm not really a brand whore, but will shell out big bucks for something I like the look of.

Other than that...I don't really buy furniture/electrical equipment/etc. just wait for someone to give me something as a present or else go dumpster-diving every now and then...

A brand whore.. through and through.

Electrical good are almost always branded.

Clothes - Definitely branded. Especially my corporate stuff I really like to wear nice suits, shirts, ties.. I hate having a brand visible on my work shirts though.. Like Ralph Lauren.. i wont buy any shirts with the little polo horse.. however most of my business shirts are polo. People ask me why and I tell them it makes me feel comfortable and good.. and I also personally think they look better. It's not about showing off.. it's about feeling good.
My casual clothes i usually wear branded stuff but will buy other stuff from OP shops if it looks cool. My fav jumper which i usually wear to all raves (which i have now subsequently lost) was only 20 bucks.. but it was so baggy.. fleecy.. warm.. comfortable.. wahhh i miss it!

My accessories are also branded.. i wear glasses so i have a pair of frames to suit all occasions. dkny, gucci, polo, d&g.. my parents use to make me wear these AWFUL plastic frames until about 15 cause i use to break them heaps.. and i think that has seriously scarred me.

Food.. i dont cook. When i eat out... i try and eat at places which look respectable. I think i believe if the place is good the food will be good.

On the flip side.. my indulgence in to branded stuff has left me completely poor... oh well.. the price we pay.

I'm not suprised that everyone goes for a well known brand when it comes to audio/visual.

I think I should also add that I have allegiance to Commodores when it comes to cars - this is for a myriad of reasons including knowledge and enderstanding of the make.

haste said:
I think I should also add that I have allegiance to Commodores when it comes to cars - this is for a myriad of reasons including knowledge and enderstanding of the make.

=D

When I buy snowboarding goods, I usually buy Burton. Both my snowboards and both my bindings are Burtons. I have a special taste for certain surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding brands. (not necessarily the most expensive, it's just what I like).

When it comes to cars and electronics, Japanese is the way to go. U pay a little bit more, but you can be assured that the quality is so much better. The only exception i can think of is LG (korea), they are slightly cheaper than Japanese and on par with quality.

gross generalisation. Peope think sony stuff is high quality. It aint. It's highly marketed. That's it. Sony electronics aren't a patch on waht they used to be in the 80s. Cars? Reliablity surveys put Lexus on top - the next 4 or 5 are european brands - mercedes / bmw etc.

I don't own anything japanese electronic or car wise anymore. My car and electronics are mainly made in germany. With the exception of my DVD player - it's japanese and it's crap imho. Should have gotten to Loewe when I had the chance.

nezo said:
gross generalisation. Peope think sony stuff is high quality. It aint. It's highly marketed. That's it. Sony electronics aren't a patch on waht they used to be in the 80s. Cars? Reliablity surveys put Lexus on top - the next 4 or 5 are european brands - mercedes / bmw etc.

I don't own anything japanese electronic or car wise anymore. My car and electronics are mainly made in germany. With the exception of my DVD player - it's japanese and it's crap imho. Should have gotten to Loewe when I had the chance.

I agree - not sure about the cars as I'm not too famaliar with any, but definately with the electronics. The Japanese now outsource alot of their parts and/or labour. So even though it it might be from a Japanese company it doesn't mean it is.

Its like buying Denon equipment - alot of their low end equipment is built offshore where as their top end is still built in Japan.

I don't know about brands, but think a lot about aesthetics... if the packaging looks nice, I'm likely to buy it - bizarre as that sounds.

If there are two brands of wine I'm tossing up about and I've not tried either, I'll pick the one with the nicest label. Tissues, toasters, microwaves, anything that's on display really. My dvd is a "lesser" brand but it's silver and blue and I liked how it looked. I've been known to pick skincare that way too.... I buy Garnier because of the pretty green packaging.

If there's a packet with an old label and a new label I have to get the one with the new label. Maybe it's an OCD thing. I realise this is weird, but you have to live in harmony with your environment don't you :).

Clothes - I'm so far from a brand snob it's not funny. I'll happily shop in op shops, Target, Kmart... although if I come across a brand name bargain I'm not going to discriminate. It's all about price really, I can't afford clothes at the moment so I just don't go near any good clothes shops. PsychoKitten, you'd be appalled... I have bought shoes in Spendless ;) =D

If there are two brands of wine I'm tossing up about and I've not tried either, I'll pick the one with the nicest label.

I've found some really nice wines using this very same theory of selection ;)

diegoblunt said:
Whats JVC like? thats my current hi-fi system. I'm really picky with my shoes heh...always stick with my trusted brand. My last 15 pairs of shoes have been OSIRIS or CIRCA...i just like the look of them and they seem to last the longest out of the skate shoes.

^^^^
And they always SOOOOO fat.
(As in like hell puffy and shit... if you know the shoes the know what I mean.. go the D3's).