• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc All drugs

Marji

Greenlighter
Why?! I know I’m clearly an addict but why do I have the desire to stop and can’t!!!
I’m so beyond frustrated. I’ll be 40 in two weeks and I’m like “wtf am I doing”!
I’ve tried 14? Rehab’s, sober living but I keep going back and I’m fed up with myself. I’ve had clean time before and I know shit gets good quick when you get clean but I can’t make it past a day! Tired of this shit!?? Wtf do I do?!

Why?! I know I’m clearly an addict but why do I have the desire to stop and can’t!!!
I’m so beyond frustrated. I’ll be 40 in two weeks and I’m like “wtf am I doing”!
I’ve tried 14? Rehab’s, sober living but I keep going back and I’m fed up with myself. I’ve had clean time before and I know shit gets good quick when you get clean but I can’t make it past a day! Tired of this shit!?? Wtf do I do?!
i think suboxone Would be the best option for you ATM.You could also do some research on Ibogaine if you can afford going to México.Altho u needa do some Medical check up before you try that, there's a Small chance you.can have.an adverse effects on Ibogaine but it's a very effective way to reset your opiate addiction if rehab hssnt worked AND you dnt wanns go on sub/methadone msintence therapy. @Xorkoth could give you some More info on Ibogaine,he succesfully quit a 10 year opi addiction with it.GL on getting better. cheers NZN

Yeah the kind of drugs is important to know. It says you're from New Jersey so I am guessing maybe opiates are the problem? If so I'd recommend tapering with kratom, then stopping. It's hard to quit opiates because there is a long interim between actually stopping the drug and starting to feel better and getting through life when you have to go to work and stuff in PAWS can be very challenging. The only advice I can really give without knowing more about your specific situation is that you have to continually remind yourself that you just need to be patient for a little while and things will improve. Think about how temporary the drug high is and how you will come down again in a few hours time. Makes it seem not worth it.

i think suboxone Would be the best option for you ATM.You could also do some research on Ibogaine if you can afford going to México.Altho u needa do some Medical check up before you try that, there's a Small chance you.can have.an adverse effects on Ibogaine but it's a very effective way to reset your opiate addiction if rehab hssnt worked AND you dnt wanns go on sub/methadone msintence therapy. @Xorkoth could give you some More info on Ibogaine,he succesfully quit a 10 year opi addiction with it.GL on getting better. cheers NZN
“Ones too many, one thousands just getting started” heard someone say that once.
I went they the opiate thing some years back. Lately it’s been meth and Xanax.

Yeah the kind of drugs is important to know. It says you're from New Jersey so I am guessing maybe opiates are the problem? If so I'd recommend tapering with kratom, then stopping. It's hard to quit opiates because there is a long interim between actually stopping the drug and starting to feel better and getting through life when you have to go to work and stuff in PAWS can be very challenging. The only advice I can really give without knowing more about your specific situation is that you have to continually remind yourself that you just need to be patient for a little while and things will improve. Think about how temporary the drug high is and how you will come down again in a few hours time. Makes it seem not worth it.
Thank you, yeah been on them all, it’s mainly meth now but I’ll do anything depending on my mood. Thing is, bc of my meds and ADHD, all the meth does is zone me out and focuses me.
I believe I’m just addicted to the burn and the routine of it. But why?! This is frustrating! 😔

I think when it comes to addiction at some point you have to minimize the damage if you cannot quit. Cut the doses back, try to replace substances with weaker forms, etc.

Obviously getting clean is the end-goal--but I've witnessed many addicts just fall to the ground too fast and cannot adjust to life without any substances in the times that they've become totally sober. Relapse city. Sometimes it's a lot to ask for someone to not use any substances at all for the rest of their lives.. So you might benefit mentally/physically from at least trying to use less imo. Opiates are the most addicting substance class on the planet one can think... and if you've gotten past that part of your life I don't see why you can't quit something else. Meth has it's grip on folks for sure, but more people struggle with quitting opiates than anything I've ever seen before.

When it comes to addiction you really never know what's going to happen. You think you can know, but there's an unpredictability of it all in the end almost as if self-control is no longer part of the equation. What I'm saying removes responsibility from the equation, but let's be real--have you known someone who hasn't relapsed? The Xanax dependency is the most concerning to me because the withdrawal is a serious health issue if not managed properly.

We don't always get what we want merely because we want them. It does sound like you have put SERIOUS work into your recovery/sobriety; keep at it, don't give up hope. <3

Its surpising to me that after all the years and experience of failed attempts at changing that you still have the ability to become frustrated by the struggle all addict face. Idk if thats good ir bad for you, I guess its doesnt matter because ulitmately its all up to you.

After 12+ years of addiction and I think 7 or 8 rehabs I made up my mind that cimplete sobriety doesnt work for me, due to the simple fact that its not what I truly want.

I still use any drug I want but my addiction has changed significant changed. Im not going to lie and say its all good and my lifes together but I use logic about my use, just like I use logic in ever aspect of life. It wasnt that way when i was younger, I was a total wide open jackass junkie. I had no guard rails, no limits, and no rules. I just used as much dope as I could manage to get and then proceed in illegal activity to get more.

Today, I look bad at my dumbass and dont know how didnt realize the absurdity of what I was doing but I was in it fully. Now I couldnt do that bullshit even if I wanted to. I have no desire to for life on the edge, ever.

With a few basic rules and common sense its not impossible to use drugs and have a reasonably nornal life at the same time. Its a shitty goal but it's better than nothing.

Can you get away from dealers or others who have or use meth and other drugs? If you want to quit Xanax or benzos please do so under the supervision of a doctor or check into a rehab or medical facility.

Can you get away from dealers or others who have or use meth and other drugs? If you want to quit Xanax or benzos please do so under the supervision of a doctor or check into a rehab or medical facility.
I would go to rehab for a year if I didn’t have my son. That’s what’s really holding me back. Also I’ve been to maybe 12? Idk if that’s the answer anymore. My addiction pisses me off.
Far as separating myself from people who use and deal, one oven been friends with for years before I even knew he was dealing. It’s hard plus when I drive for him he really hooks me up! Other is my bff. Her bf is a dealer and it should hard to go for long periods of time w out seeing her. I miss her. And she won’t go anywhere. She has some weird phobia. Idk. I know this might sound crazy but I wonder if I’m doomed sometimes. I believe in astrology and metaphysical shit. I’m a Pisces and when ever I read up on them, it’s saya we’re escapists and prone to addiction. Idk what to do. I only did one line yesterday and one Xanax at bed. That’s a huge step but that’s only bc I couldn’t get out of bed all day bc I don’t do opiates anymore but the night before I did oxys answer Xanax and I was still feeling it yesterday. Do you think I’d go they wd if only taking one mg of Xanax at bed time? Another problem I have is my psychiatrist says she’s going to discharge me if I don’t get in an iop program by March 4th. It angers me. She’s doing this bc my meds and the street drug interaction dangers. I get it but I’m still mad. I have a lot going on and idk how long I can hold on anymore.

I would go to rehab for a year if I didn’t have my son. That’s what’s really holding me back. Also I’ve been to maybe 12? Idk if that’s the answer anymore. My addiction pisses me off.
Far as separating myself from people who use and deal, one of my dealers I’ve been friends with for years before I even knew he was dealing. It’s hard plus when I drive for him he really hooks me up! Other is my bff. Her bf is a dealer and its hard to go for long periods of time w out seeing her. I miss her. And she won’t go anywhere. She has some weird phobia. Idk. I know this might sound crazy but I wonder if I’m doomed sometimes. I believe in astrology and metaphysical shit. I’m a Pisces and when ever I read up on them, it’s says we’re escapists and prone to addiction. Idk what to do. I only did one line yesterday and one Xanax at bed. That’s a huge step but that’s only bc I couldn’t get out of bed all day bc I don’t do opiates anymore but the night before I did oxys answer Xanax and I was still feeling it yesterday. Do you think I’d go they wd if only taking one mg of Xanax at bed time? Another problem I have is my psychiatrist says she’s going to discharge me if I don’t get in an iop program by March 4th. It angers me. She’s doing this bc my meds and the street drug interaction dangers. I get it but I’m still mad. I have a lot going on and idk how long I can hold on anymore.

Look, I'ma say it like this. Please forgive me in advance I don't mean this offensively. But what good are you to your son if your mind is consumed by drug addiction. My mom was the same way, for years she chose to escape the things that happened to her and I. She was a fraction of the person she is today, that being said I'm an poly addict as well, I understand what its like to want to reach out to drugs in attempt to have some peace in life. I will say short of everyone but your son. You should seriously think about cutting them off. Sometimes obstacles are placed in our lives.. that carry an emotional attachment along with a drug attachment. Your job, isn't to help your friend. Sad to say, but her phobias are her own issues.. and you need not feel guilty for taking time for yourself to get yourself right. I'm no doctor, I'm coming from an experience that has made me distrust all doctors...I will say, I know we all have our own beliefs systems and I'm not saying yours is wrong. Although, when you follow something as blanketed as astrology it will lead you into places that allow you to enable yourself to do things. I'm supposedly a Virgo, but I try not to let that have a bearing on who I am as a person... You are your own person, try to give that some thought. At the end of the day, some of your choices may align with what your horoscope is telling you. But your not a one size fits all, your unique, and you seem to care about getting sober for the right reasons. That being said, its harder then it seems. Try to take one day at a time, and every victory is a small victory even if its saying no to just one percocet or whatever your DOC is. Don't look at things from a doomed perspective, imagine the fight already being won! You are a winner and you wouldn't be here if your soul, wasn't searching for a better alternative. Remember one day at a time. I'll be praying for you and check back in with you periodically. I hope you do the same.
Far as separating myself from people who use and deal, one oven been friends with for years before I even knew he was dealing. It’s hard plus when I drive for him he really hooks me up! Other is my bff. Her bf is a dealer and it should hard to go for long periods of time w out seeing her. I miss her. And she won’t go anywhere. She has some weird phobia. Idk. I know this might sound crazy but I wonder if I’m doomed sometimes. I believe in astrology and metaphysical shit. I’m a Pisces and when ever I read up on them, it’s saya we’re escapists and prone to addiction. Idk what to do. I only did one line yesterday and one Xanax at bed. That’s a huge step but that’s only bc I couldn’t get out of bed all day bc I don’t do opiates anymore but the night before I did oxys answer Xanax and I was still feeling it yesterday. Do you think I’d go they wd if only taking one mg of Xanax at bed time? Another problem I have is my psychiatrist says she’s going to discharge me if I don’t get in an iop program by March 4th. It angers me. She’s doing this bc my meds and the street drug interaction dangers. I get it but I’m still mad. I have a lot going on and idk how long I can hold on anymore.

You might like pain tbh
Thank you, yeah been on them all, it’s mainly meth now but I’ll do anything depending on my mood. Thing is, bc of my meds and ADHD, all the meth does is zone me out and focuses me.
I believe I’m just addicted to the burn and the routine of it. But why?! This is frustrating! 😔

Look, I'ma say it like this. Please forgive me in advance I don't mean this offensively. But what good are you to your son if your mind is consumed by drug addiction. My mom was the same way, for years she chose to escape the things that happened to her and I. She was a fraction of the person she is today, that being said I'm an poly addict as well, I understand what its like to want to reach out to drugs in attempt to have some peace in life. I will say short of everyone but your son. You should seriously think about cutting them off. Sometimes obstacles are placed in our lives.. that carry an emotional attachment along with a drug attachment. Your job, isn't to help your friend. Sad to say, but her phobias are her own issues.. and you need not feel guilty for taking time for yourself to get yourself right. I'm no doctor, I'm coming from an experience that has made me distrust all doctors...I will say, I know we all have our own beliefs systems and I'm not saying yours is wrong. Although, when you follow something as blanketed as astrology it will lead you into places that allow you to enable yourself to do things. I'm supposedly a Virgo, but I try not to let that have a bearing on who I am as a person... You are your own person, try to give that some thought. At the end of the day, some of your choices may align with what your horoscope is telling you. But your not a one size fits all, your unique, and you seem to care about getting sober for the right reasons. That being said, its harder then it seems. Try to take one day at a time, and every victory is a small victory even if its saying no to just one percocet or whatever your DOC is. Don't look at things from a doomed perspective, imagine the fight already being won! You are a winner and you wouldn't be here if your soul, wasn't searching for a better alternative. Remember one day at a time. I'll be praying for you and check back in with you periodically. I hope you do the same.
Thank you so much

You’re welcome! Sometimes it’s difficult to be honest, I find myself struggling with addictions everyday that I wanna quit. But it’s important to realize that your making a big step in just wanting change. That takes courage and the reason many in sobriety will tell you to get away from your friends is not the point of abandoning. It’s because your recovery will have to be put at the top of the list in your life. What you may realize when getting sober is a lot of the people that you surrounded yourself with, may not wanna be sober. I think it’s important you find people that will support your decisions and not judge you. You deserve life. I hope and pray you find that. God bless
Thank you so much

Going for intake for outpatient tmrw. Scared it’s not going to be good enough and I’ll have to do impatient which I’m dreading.