• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

All brontosauruses are thin at one end and much, much thicker in the middle. That's my theory! Hola everyone.

Googie Withers

Greenlighter
Greetings Bluelighters. Decided to join because I need some advice occasionally and would like the fellowship of like-minded folk. I've been what I think is termed a functioning alcoholic for probably about 40 years. I've worked in very stressful professions but finally the booze took over and I began to lose jobs. I then decided to self medicate with benzos, mdma and a myriad of other substances before the booze finally killed me. This hasn't worked. Now I drink, albeit much less, as well as taking all sorts of recreational substances. A lot of the problems stem from anxiety and depression and my addiction to current affairs because, as you know, the fucking world is going astray.
I'm alienated from all my family because I chose to move to another country and to try and live a simpler more fulfilling life. I live in a tiny house in a tiny village in Europe having left the UK due to its increasingly depressing state.
I think that's bored you enough by now but don't hesitate to respond and feel free to ask for more info.

Hey Googie, welcome to Bluelight.

Dealing with alcohol addiction can be harder than many can imagine, trust me I know. You will find lots of support over in the Recovery Support forum, I encourage you to explore several sub forums there that might catch your attention. Good luck, I hope to see you around now that youve signed up.

Hey Googie, welcome to Bluelight.

Dealing with alcohol addiction can be harder than many can imagine, trust me I know. You will find lots of support over in theRecovery Support forum, I encourage you to explore several sub forums there that might catch your attention. Good luck, I hope to see you around now that youve signed up.
Thanks White Rose. I will definitely look in the Recovery Support Forum and their sub forums. Cheers.

Well hello and welcome to the family! I hope you find what you need here! I've been visiting this site for along time and just recently made an account!

Hello there dear, dear beardie. I'm having problems with tramadol after finding them affective in combating my booze dependency. It was interesting experiment combining 100mg of tramadol with a bar of xanax. And it appeared to work for a while but as usual the craving for alcohol returned. So for years it has been tram+alcohol+2mg of xanax. Any pointers towards help stopping tramadol would be gratefully received. I've tried stopping tram before and what a nightmare. One shift at work seemed like a week. I was sweaty jittery and anxious. I've probably been taking it for about fifteen years. The slight mood and motivation lift is always appealing.